PDA

View Full Version : Dark Falz Third Form Strategies

Zenith
Jul 27, 2006, 01:09 PM
Ok, just finished fighting Dark Falz third form on Very Hard. Level 67 Hucast. I almost won, probably would have if I had a bit of a better idea on how to dodge some of his moves. I know some of the, but I want to know what you guys have figured out how to get away from. POst your strategies for Dark Falz please.

Insainity1111
Jul 27, 2006, 01:52 PM
run around the outside of the cirle and you wont get hit by anything except grants and the slash after he returns your guy in that wierd spell where if you hit him you damage yourself

PSOPRINCE
Jul 27, 2006, 02:22 PM
if you die to the slah epuip a hp unit, either drogn p or god hp
if oyu die to grants boost you light resistance

Out_Kast
Jul 31, 2006, 05:11 AM
i don't know if this only works on ultimate, but if you let those lil' purple ball things that come at you in sets of 2 (not megid), if they knock you over, because of that moment when after you get hit nothing can hit you for a little while (GC/Xbox only?) then grants doesn't hit you and you can avoid a large chunk of your health being removed

phongi
Jul 31, 2006, 06:05 AM
Megid works in Hard and Vhard, you know, cuz i was fightin him
yester day and is saw a purple blob flying at me.
They need to change the guides.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phongi on 2006-07-31 04:05 ]</font>

Konstanse_Xx
Jul 31, 2006, 09:17 AM
When they meant by not work they mean that the spell will never kill you (I've been playing for 2 years and I never had any of his megid blasts kill me in Hard and Very Hard).

bdev03
Jul 31, 2006, 03:02 PM
HP is all i can say

Edit: plus uber rare mech guns

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bdev03 on 2006-07-31 13:03 ]</font>

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 31, 2006, 04:51 PM
Dark Falz Strategy Guide (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=948).

Gives offensive and defensive tactics, preferred weapons, attack patterns, technique damage, and essential protector units.

Charmander02
Aug 1, 2006, 09:12 AM
On 2006-07-31 03:11, Out_Kast wrote:
i don't know if this only works on ultimate, but if you let those lil' purple ball things that come at you in sets of 2 (not megid), if they knock you over, because of that moment when after you get hit nothing can hit you for a little while (GC/Xbox only?) then grants doesn't hit you and you can avoid a large chunk of your health being removed

Well it depends on your resistances. If you had 0 light resistance then you might get more damage from the purple ball things, but if you had decent light resistance then it's might be better to get hit be the grants.

Out_Kast
Aug 1, 2006, 11:55 AM
well when i was knocked over by one, i healed just before grants hit me... and it didn't hit me at all, i just walked away without taking any damage.
weird.

Lord_Kratos
Aug 1, 2006, 12:13 PM
run around the circle and be ready with a good gun. i use my bravace and when hes not impervious you can hit him almost whereever he goes except up. let the balss hit you then when you get up the grants cant hurt you. make sure you always have full health when facing his slash attack if not then u need to equip hp bringer uppers like what psoprince said
and when ur attacks hurt yurself moderatly attack him but just a little so as u dont drop below 50% hp. carry alot of scape dolls. i used about 2-3 with my HUmar at lv 63 when i beat falz but 2 were my fault

Joc
Aug 4, 2006, 02:01 PM
stop hitting dark falz when he has your characters image

KratosAurion
Aug 4, 2006, 02:10 PM
I beat him literally 2 minutes ago and got my HUmar to ultamite...The balls he shoot at you are really all you can dodge...I even hit him with a powered shot even with my image in him. Might not be the best idea for a cast though because I could resta right afterwards...A weapon with Hit helps because you need to gaurentee you'll hit him...

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 4, 2006, 02:20 PM
On 2006-08-01 09:55, Out_Kast wrote:
well when i was knocked over by one, i healed just before grants hit me... and it didn't hit me at all, i just walked away without taking any damage.
weird.

Timing Resta correctly will negate the effect of Grants and you will walk away unscathed. You want to have the balls of light emerge right as Grants combusts. You'll become invulnerable very briefly, hopefully right when Grants is supposed to deal damage. Keep in mind that depending on your Resta level, you may cast slower or faster. Time accordingly.

Greg169
Aug 20, 2006, 09:21 AM
I find he's easy with a force since he can't block your attacks. The only problem is his grants but once I found a few resist holy's there was no problem.

Twilite
Aug 20, 2006, 02:55 PM
For units, Resist/Saint is good, and four will help significantly. In most cases Grants is indeed the problem. I wouldn't recommend hitting him while he has your little voodoo doll in his mouth, and this can be frustrating, as between not hitting him half the time (because of the doll) and getting knocked down by the slash, you won't spend time doing damage. However, if you can take all of this for a while (may be hard as an android what with the lack of Resta), you should emerge victorious.

Veilside
Aug 20, 2006, 03:16 PM
use varista and foie, i sometimes use L&K14.

luninja
Aug 21, 2006, 09:56 AM
I've explained tips on another forum for this boss. Here are the tips.
1. Use techniques or weapons that use techniques as specials against his shield.
2. Use either healing weapons or resta or mates while attacking while he posesses you.
3. Bring lots of mates, fluids, star atominizers, and scape dolls.
Hope this helps.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Aug 21, 2006, 11:16 AM
For non Force characters, I use Draw series handguns/Riffles so I can keep attacking a bit even durring the soul grab part. For forces, the battle goes quickly.

best_sato134
Aug 21, 2006, 11:29 AM
when you fight Dark Falz with a force only D down Dark Falz has preset damage, his soul steal (thats what I'm gonna call it) can hit you no matter what.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Aug 21, 2006, 11:49 AM
I end up avoiding that part on hard mode, but very hard is still no problem thanks to Resta. Not ready for ultimate Falz quite yet.

Genoa
Aug 22, 2006, 02:04 PM
A good Handgun, good Mechguns, HP units (or resists if his Techniques are murdering you), and... preferably a gun that can steal a hefty amount of HP. An HP steal weapon is a Casts' best friend.

MadEwokHerd
Aug 22, 2006, 03:01 PM
I have a question: How do you dodge the attack where he sends in three pairs of the blue orbs on Ultimate. I have done it before, but they were by luck, because every time I tried the same strategy, I got hit.

Genoa
Aug 22, 2006, 03:24 PM
Are you talking about where on his 2nd form, when he uses the rabarta chain, he sends out 3 darvants simutaniously... if so... you dodge it by running >_> If you're frozen... then you better get out fast enough to only be hit by atleast 1 darvant.... All 3 will kick your butt. Cure/Freeze is something very nice to have for his 2nd form on ultimate. And regardless of how many n00bs try to tell you this, having high EIC does not effect your chances of being frozen >_> it only reduces barta-type attack damage... It has nothing to do with your freeze rate.

MadEwokHerd
Aug 22, 2006, 03:36 PM
No...it's in his final form in Ultimate. It's after he takes to the sky. In Hard and Very Hard what he does is shoots out several orbs that travel in a straight path and are very easy to dodge. In Ultimate they bounce back and I have a bad time trying to dodge.

JohnBerserker
Aug 22, 2006, 04:01 PM
dunno if this will work(im not that far yet) but as soon as he goes in the air, run. if at all possible try to start running before he goes up, tho that would probably mean less hits on him.