PDA

View Full Version : Help with Ultimate mode

The-King
Jul 29, 2006, 08:25 PM
Alright, In. Over. My. Head. Period

HELP

Pballer42
Jul 29, 2006, 08:47 PM
Hey i just got in ultimate too. lets just say the caves are owning me man.

What got me through the forest was being conservative and tryin to fight the enemies one on one so I could do more damage to one at a time.

The-King
Jul 29, 2006, 08:54 PM
I'm a level 62, you're level 80, I'm gonna die!

whocares111
Jul 29, 2006, 08:59 PM
Since you're a Humar, Jellen/Zalure will be your greatest friend. Use it on every monster. Ultimate Forest shouldn't be too bad at lv. 62 if you just play conservatively. Run into a room, J/Z, and run out to let the monsters reset themselves. If you've got a twin sword, they'll be a lot of help right now.

Also, can you try to be a little more specific with your questions? What exactly is going on? What's your section ID? What weapons do you have? Knowing what you have really does help a lot more in telling you how to survive.

The-King
Jul 29, 2006, 09:07 PM
Hmm I've got a level 200 Rati with 105 Power, Weapon is Dragon Slayer, I'm a Skyly, I've got General Armor on, with 3 Ogre/Powers, on with ++ and a Dragon/HP, and a Delsabers Shield, my attack is 1132, defence is 288, mind is 324, Ata is 164, Evp is 497 and my luck is 12, my HP is 508, and my TP is 386, I haven't got good J/Z, well my Jellen is level 7 and my Zalure is level 2 which sucks for me and Now I'm level 63

whocares111
Jul 29, 2006, 09:46 PM
You should try to head back into Very Hard Ruins for a Delsaber's Right Arm. When used with a Shield of Delsaber, it's quite a combo at low levels. Try to find a raygun with hit % since 164 ATA won't let you hit much in Ultimate. You'll find these randomly in boxes. Since sword attacks on a Humar are painstakingly slow, try rounding monsters up in a circle by running around them for a little while and then using Jellen/Zalure. Yes, even at low levels they'll help. Don't use full 3 hit combos. You'll get hit every time. Instead, do two, light and then heavy, and then back up and reset.

concussionman
Jul 29, 2006, 09:55 PM
You're going to need more defence if you are going to want to go further into ultimate. I suggest moving back into VH and grabbing a Yamato (Dragon), and a God/HP (Nar Lily) to help you out. The combo for the Yamato is very helpful in the Forest.

Also to level up, do quests that have NPCs that you can use as a shield from the enemies and hit them with a handgun, or your Dragon Slayer, its easier because the enemies focus on the NPCs more than they do on you so you can do more consecutive damage and level up easier.

meimeilee
Jul 29, 2006, 11:46 PM
wow ur havbing trouble u failed as a hunter i would say im a fomarl at lvl 110 and im in ultimate ruins with lvl 30 spells u suck lol no im just kidding about your part but my part is tru i used a red hanfgun threw forest and caves cause mine had good percents on it i used strictly spells for mines and ruins

AltTab
Jul 30, 2006, 09:03 AM
heres some tips The-King. exchange the oger/powers for some elf/arms. having higher ata right now would really help. also you must try to dodge more attacks, like doing a 2 light attacks and steping back to avoid the mosters attack works well, or moving in close to a monster but circle to one side to avoid a attack then attack when its back is turned.
also keep any baby mags you find and start raising a new mag, since you have a max level mag you dont have to feed it that often anymore. focus on more power and less mind on the new mag.

Neith
Jul 30, 2006, 09:26 AM
I've seen Hunters in Ultimate mode constantly try 3-hit combos, and getting wailed on after every third hit.

Unless you have a good /battle unit, do 2 hits and dodge. Also, don't just rely on one weapon, use a variety. You have 30 item pack spaces, so use a few of them. I'd suggest your Dragon Slayer, then a handgun (Red Handgun is nice, if not, any other handgun should do), then a multi-hit weapon, like Dagger/Twin-Saber/Twin-Sword. Without a battle unit, you WILL need to do two attacks and then dodge, unless you're behind the enemy.

There's also no use having ATP if you miss a lot, so ditch one or two of those Ogre/Powers for /Arm units (preferably God/Arms if possible, you can hunt those in VH with some ID's).

Other than that, just be careful of enemies, and try to take small mobs until you're confident of your ability.

Oh, any other things you want to know might be covered in my guide (shameless self-plug):
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2299

Twilite
Jul 30, 2006, 10:56 AM
I felt the same way when I first got to Ultimate. I would stand around fighting two Bartles for like twenty minutes--no kidding. I would recommend that you try to boost your accuracy. A Hunter has less need for ATP boosts than, say, a Ranger does. A Hunter should focus more on ATA, as that's what a Hunter lacks. Elf/Arm is a fairly good ATA unit, and they're not too uncommon to find, so three or four of those would help. You might try a Slicer so that you can hit enemies from a distance. Also, this is important: do not use special attacks. I know that stealing HP from the enemy is fun, but in Ultimate, because special attacks don't push enemies back as much, you'll get slaughtered trying to use them. Lastly, whenever you get to a new level of PSO, it seems hard (except the Ultimate Mine, which I'm finding pretty easy), but as you keep trying, you'll level up, and after a week or two you can beat it.

Edit: Wait a second; you are a Hunter, right? I just assumed it for some reason.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Twilite on 2006-07-30 08:57 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Twilite on 2006-07-30 08:58 ]</font>

whocares111
Jul 30, 2006, 03:35 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Skyly has God/Arm drops from VH Forest Hildeblues. Do Forest of Sorrow a few times and you should end up with a God/Arm. You should use at least one of these.