PDA

View Full Version : And the vortex of winding ironies continues......

Night_Raid
Jul 30, 2006, 06:53 AM
This wouldnt really be considered much of a rant but thats beside the point. Why is it that in every rant directed toward a certain someone or someone(s) there is always a handful of members that have to point out the vast irony of whining about people whining and the like, can we just rant and rave in peace?

tank1
Jul 30, 2006, 09:30 AM
A rant about ranting about a rant!? doh the irony ^_^

Sayara
Jul 30, 2006, 09:47 AM
Probably because they have the opinions that are different then OPs and like to make their point by rubbing it in your face. ;3

Night_Raid
Jul 30, 2006, 03:48 PM
On 2006-07-30 07:30, tank1 wrote:
A rant about ranting about a rant!? doh the irony ^_^

ARRG,*runs off cliff into shark infested water filled with sea mines and rusty, electrified razor wire*

Wyndham
Jul 30, 2006, 04:30 PM
I stopped making my owwn rants because it doesn't helpme too much anyway. try using an electric drill on a Barbie doll instead. I don't do it, but it may help.

tank1
Jul 30, 2006, 04:37 PM
Sorry Night_Raid i apologize i jusr couldnt resist XD

Sayara
Jul 30, 2006, 05:21 PM
Or if it reaaalllyyy bothers you, use an online blog service to rant and ramble to.

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 30, 2006, 09:14 PM
Actually I understand. Your last thread had a certain someone make a particularly useless comment involving what you mentioned. But these "people" are very good at remaining completely oblivious to the fact that the Rants use facts and arguements to back it up. Last time I checked that wasn't whining and complaining.

When people write comments like that, they come across as attempting to be "superior" to our "petty whining." Sad thing is, they're just whining and complaining about someone else doing the exact same thing, thus forming another link in a never-ending chain of "whining". It's a pathetic form of posting that's best left untouched.

Solstis
Jul 30, 2006, 10:03 PM
On 2006-07-30 19:14, TheyCallMeJoe wrote:
Actually I understand. Your last thread had a certain someone make a particularly useless comment involving what you mentioned. But these "people" are very good at remaining completely oblivious to the fact that the Rants use facts and arguements to back it up. Last time I checked that wasn't whining and complaining.

When people write comments like that, they come across as attempting to be "superior" to our "petty whining." Sad thing is, they're just whining and complaining about someone else doing the exact same thing, thus forming another link in a never-ending chain of "whining". It's a pathetic form of posting that's best left untouched.

We should counter being pretentious with even more pretension!

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 30, 2006, 11:11 PM
Tsk tsk Solstis http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif See thing is people could use pretension to counter pretensious pretensioneers, but than someone else would come along and whine and complain about people being pretensious to pretensioneers. Next thing you know, someone else has whined and complained about the whining complaining person who was whining and complaining about the pretensious person giving the other pretensious person more pretension. Soon, it would engulf the internet, cause gloabl chaos, and send Earth spinning out of orbit into the depths of the sun.

So basically you're doing the same thing except replacing whining and complaining with pretentious and pretention. The problem is solved!
Basically, DON'T DO IT.

Jehosaphaty
Aug 1, 2006, 12:23 PM
Is it pretentious to say that joe annoys me?

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 1, 2006, 02:05 PM
Boo hoo.

If you wanted to waste a post to insult me you should've made a PM buddy.