PDA

View Full Version : Does having a keyboard really matter to you?

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Oct 29, 2002, 01:47 AM
To me, it doesn't really matter. I mean, as long as I can experience the game I've been waiting for, I'm fine. A keyboard isn't a requirement, it'd just be nice to have.

Rumina
Oct 29, 2002, 01:53 AM
i would enjoy the game nevertheless, but i prefer to be able to converse with people. thats also part of pso and being online to me.

ABDUR101
Oct 29, 2002, 02:24 AM
No, thank God for voice chat on X-box PSO. =)

Celestial
Oct 29, 2002, 02:29 AM
nope, by the time i actually am able to go online a KB might even be out http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

flyrobinfly
Oct 29, 2002, 02:36 AM
How the heck are you supposed to carry out quests or challenges without being able to communicate with your teammates? PSO is going to be really frustrating until keyboards become readily available.

Danger_Girl
Oct 29, 2002, 02:45 AM
I didn't have a keyboard the first few weeks I was online with the original PSO. It really sucked. People would try to talk to me, and I was as good as mute.
This time around, very few of you are going to have a keyboard, so it probabily wont be quite so bad. Everyone will be as good as mute. And Robin has a good point. Some of those quests really require some communication.

*sigh*
Spy is pretty much the only person I know with a keyboard. I guess I'll be stuck talking to him for awhile...

*starts to sob*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Danger_Girl on 2002-10-28 23:47 ]</font>

Rumina
Oct 29, 2002, 02:55 AM
ive noticed on the posts that a couple people imported. im also one of those people. you can talk to me danger! lol. but for us kb owners, it's gonna suck having to sit and wait while everyone has to softkey everything.

ABDUR101
Oct 29, 2002, 03:07 AM
On 2002-10-28 23:55, Rumina wrote:
but for us kb owners, it's gonna suck having to sit and wait while everyone has to softkey everything.

Not really though, I think anyone who doesn't have a keyboard will have to just use short and sweet shortcut messages.

"OK", "No.", "Please Heal", "Come with me", "Stay Here", etc.

Come on, we all did it on Vers 1! =)

*EDIT*
...I missed one letter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-10-29 00:14 ]</font>

Danger_Girl
Oct 29, 2002, 03:11 AM
On 2002-10-28 23:55, Rumina wrote:
ive noticed on the posts that a couple people imported. im also one of those people. you can talk to me danger!

Coool! I'll have someone to talk to besides Spy. He's not so bad really. Once you knock him unconsious.

CorneliusPower
Oct 29, 2002, 06:18 AM
I definetly voted for Yes. A keyboard would certainly be awesome to have but isnt really required to enjoy the PSO experience. I'm definetly gonna order an imported keyboard for my Gamecube, I know where to go, but during the time I wait for it to arrive, Im gonna utilize the controller to the best I can. So yes it's nice to have, and no it's not fully necessary to have to fully enjoy the PSO experience. I am getting one though. Peace.

Foggy_Pete
Oct 29, 2002, 08:06 AM
On 2002-10-29 03:18, CorneliusPower wrote:
I definetly voted for Yes. A keyboard would certainly be awesome to have but isnt really required to enjoy the PSO experience. I'm definetly gonna order an imported keyboard for my Gamecube, I know where to go, but during the time I wait for it to arrive, Im gonna utilize the controller to the best I can. So yes it's nice to have, and no it's not fully necessary to have to fully enjoy the PSO experience. I am getting one though. Peace.

personaly i cant even imagine living without a keyboard. im sure we all remember the time when a guy without a keyboard joined your game, was he any fun to play with? did you swap guild cards and meet him an any future games? nah, sega really cut PSO's legs out from under it.

can you send me a private message of where i can import a keyboard off the internet cornelius?

Xuri
Oct 29, 2002, 08:21 AM
I hope that a Keyboard is not far behind. I didnt like trying to type with the pad http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Bluedeath
Oct 29, 2002, 08:30 AM
I vote YES!!!, mainly because when i first started playing i did'nt have a keyboard, and it was hell all u can do without one is basically symbol chat HI, Bye whatever, not much fun talkin like thatdoes any1 know if the switch to hook a PC keyboard up to GC is out?