PDA

View Full Version : Favorite UFC fighter?

Sinue_v2
Jul 31, 2006, 07:41 AM
I gotta go with Couture.

I love the underdog, and being one of the oldest fighters in the UFC - while still being able to keep up (for the most part) with Liddel is just too cool. It's like watching a real-life Rocky movie in the making.

Tweengo
Jul 31, 2006, 08:07 AM
What a gay sport. I don't see why people would want to spend their time watching two muscular men roll about a cage with each other. You yanks and your sports (American football=rugby, Baseball=rounders, get your own sports).

Shattered_weasel
Jul 31, 2006, 03:05 PM
On 2006-07-31 06:07, Tweengo wrote:
What a gay sport. I don't see why people would want to spend their time watching two muscular men roll about a cage with each other

If you honestly think that than you obviously are two things.

1. Shallow
2. Pedantic

And who the hell wants to watch rounders.

BTW Chuck is a god among men.

Sinue_v2
Jul 31, 2006, 06:56 PM
Apperantly, you've never seen UFC. It's not a "Yank" sport - with many of the best contestants comming from Brazil, Russia, Japan, and Canada - and It's not just "two guys rolling around in a cage trying to mount each other". It's mixed martial arts at it's finest (unless your a fan of K1 of Pride). Wrestling just happens to be a major discipline among many. I usually fast-forward past the grappling parts unless there's a lot of good elbows and knees being thrown (Tito used to be a top teir ground & pounder) - but ocassionally you'll see some real masters which make it entertaining, with everybit as much strategy and move/countermove as a chess match.

And yes, Liddel is a god among men... though I still like Couture better. Ever since he bent Tito over his knee and spanked him like his father should have. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 1, 2006, 09:57 AM
I love watching MMA although I prefer watching Kickboxing, K-1, or Muay Thai. Anyway, in MMA, Pride has much better fighters. in UFC though, my favorite is Brandon Vera.