PDA

View Full Version : Your Bestest Game..

Xaos127
Jul 31, 2006, 02:18 PM
I just recently bought a Nintendo DS and I have a shortage of good games..so i was wondering what some of your favourites are.

DizzyDi
Jul 31, 2006, 02:21 PM
Well I don't have a DS but if I diiiid, I'd definately pick up Castlevania, Metroid Prime, and Tetris Worlds.

Hunter-Hucast
Jul 31, 2006, 02:22 PM
Conker's Bad Fur Day is my favorite game for LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Conker Live and Reloaded goes with that one up
Phantasy Star Online IS my second for LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And last is Resident Evil 4 for LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roygbiv
Jul 31, 2006, 02:23 PM
1."Bestest" Please tell me this is a post-post-ironic usage of the "word."

2. I do not have a DS, therefore I will say that I am a fan of something else, which is to say you should play Settlers of Catan. It's a board game: get friends.

BeeYee
Jul 31, 2006, 02:37 PM
i like Animal Crossing Wild World, im good at it.

Wyndham
Jul 31, 2006, 03:51 PM
Castlevania, Mario Kart, and Bomberman.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 31, 2006, 04:23 PM
Castlevania and Meteos are must buys for the DS. Both games are fantastic, have great gameplay, great visuals and great audio. At the minute Meteos seems to be the only thing Im playing.

Xaos127
Jul 31, 2006, 04:44 PM
Mario Kart and Castlevania are the two that I really want so far, and i'm shocked to see no one's listed the New SUper Mario bros.

On 2006-07-31 12:23, roygbiv wrote:
1."Bestest" Please tell me this is a post-post-ironic usage of the "word."

2. I do not have a DS, therefore I will say that I am a fan of something else, which is to say you should play Settlers of Catan. It's a board game: get friends.

There were about 4 topics that had 'Your favourite' in the title, and i'm all about being unique.
Also lol at the irony of someone who plays board games telling me to get friends, how cool of you.

roygbiv
Jul 31, 2006, 05:34 PM
The get friends comment was quite literally a comment to grab friends to play it with. Unless you would be down with playing it by yourself?

Celestial
Jul 31, 2006, 05:50 PM
im very found of meteos at the momment. its like tetris on crack .

animal crossing has some fun times in it as well.

Sinue_v2
Jul 31, 2006, 07:04 PM
I like Trace Memory - being a fan of the old King's Quest and Monkey Island games. By adventure game standards, it's pretty low - a Nancy Drew compaired to games like Gabriel Knight which resemble Anne Rice/Crichton. Yet, it is what it is, and doesn't aspire to be more and fall far short like Indigo Prophecy. Not the best, by a long shot, but fun none-the-less. The inventive use of the DS's features make the point in click interface much more "involving" and imaginative.

The only other one I have is XY/XX Feel the Magic - which is good... but gets old quickly now that the DS has a lot of good games.

I'd like to get NintenDogs, Brain Age, and CastleVania though. There's also another Adventure game comming out for it, which I can't recall the title of.

Eros17
Jul 31, 2006, 07:08 PM
Castlevania (so much fun)
Goldeneye (friggin hard)
Big Brain Academy (Addicting)

PJ
Aug 1, 2006, 08:20 AM
Here's my list of planned DS games to get:

Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon Blue (The last 2 are just spinoffs yes, but they look fun)
Sonic Rush
Metroid Prime Hunters (At this point, I might not though)
Advance Wars DS
Kirby Canvas Curse (With news of a new Kirby, perhaps not http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)
Guilty Gear Dust Strikers
Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble

That's a list I made 2 or so months ago of games I want to go with my DS.

phongi
Aug 1, 2006, 11:10 AM
I like Ninja Gaiden Black. Awesome graphics, and my brother hacked it so you have all the weapons, including the dark dragon blade, which you are never supposed to use.

@PJ: Viewtiful Joe? that show is LAME LAME LAME....well, that's my opinion...

Eihwaz
Aug 1, 2006, 05:45 PM
My favorite DS games are Animal Crossing: Wild World, Tetris DS, New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart DS, and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.

In terms of other games, I just recently bought Guilty Gear X2 for Xbox, and I'm rather addicted to it, for it is quite fun. I also tried out Ninja Gaiden Black, and it's really awesome, but very difficult.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2006-08-01 15:45 ]</font>

ulyoth
Aug 1, 2006, 07:25 PM
Ninja Gaiden is great, which reminds me ive still that attack helicopter to beat...anyway for DS games, i have most that have been mentioned, except for meteos might give that a look. Depends whether you mind importing too, Ouendan is a great game and ive just got Bleach DS and Jump! Super Stars aswell.

PJ
Aug 1, 2006, 08:54 PM
On 2006-08-01 09:10, phongi wrote:
@PJ: Viewtiful Joe? that show is LAME LAME LAME....well, that's my opinion...

It's a game before the show, and the games are actually wicked awesome. Big fan. First, pretty much just watched my brothers beat it a million times, then I finally did it myself. It's really awesome, give it a try.

Secondly, the show is HILARIOUS XD