PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: Scrapped 2nd PSXBV Pic

Dre_o
Aug 1, 2006, 01:11 AM
And whipped up a fresh, spankin new one, which I have a great idea for, thanks to some of the more creative recent posts here on PSOW.

I won't give anything away yet, but it's gonna be good, I can promise you that. Believe it!! (I can't believe I just said that......)

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/Flemlazoid/pic2color1.jpg

I seriously HATE my tiny scanner...

UPDATED: More recent URL to recent pic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-08-01 22:37 ]</font>

navci
Aug 1, 2006, 11:20 AM
Well.
What the hell is she wearing in the bottom? Is that a torture device? Bellybutton way too high. Look at your own bellybutton. Where is it located? Is it closer to your chest or your crotch? Look carefully then draw it. Arms are still way too short, remember? Elbow should be almost down to your waist.

Dre_o
Aug 1, 2006, 01:45 PM
On 2006-08-01 09:20, navci wrote:
Well.
What the hell is she wearing in the bottom? Is that a torture device? Bellybutton way too high. Look at your own bellybutton. Where is it located? Is it closer to your chest or your crotch? Look carefully then draw it. Arms are still way too short, remember? Elbow should be almost down to your waist.

Yes, I'm fully aware of ALL these things. Trust me navci, it will be fixed in the final entry. I was just drawing at around 1 AM so it's not perfect, but just trust me. I remember and I intend to fix it today.

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 1, 2006, 02:02 PM
Well overall it looks very clean. Nav pretty much covered it, although I have to say that the eyes are an easy feature to change. That would help give the face a more gentle complexion, I think. Right now the eyes are pointed, slanted downwards, and give the character a slightly menacing look http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Oh and maybe slimming the face a little bit would be good. Just a little though.

Haha I'm sorry....look at me making all these heinous critical remarks. But looking back on your past entries, you've come a long way. You've moved away from Pokemon into people, and they are the hardest of all things to draw because we know them so well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Pratice makes perfect!

Dre_o
Aug 1, 2006, 02:44 PM
There is no antidote to the feeling of a wasted day like good old detailed artwork.

AKA: I'm workin hard on it, takin many suggestions and puttin them to work http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif .

Dre_o
Aug 2, 2006, 12:36 AM
Well, not fully complete this is still a good step to the final piece.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/Flemlazoid/pic2color1.jpg

EDIT: Suggestions? Thoughts? Ideas? Pineapples? Let me know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-08-01 22:38 ]</font>

Feelmirath
Aug 2, 2006, 05:18 AM
I reckon the right palm needs some more detail added to it. Otherwise, the arm could be either way up >.>

Dre_o
Aug 2, 2006, 10:31 AM
On 2006-08-02 03:18, Feelmirath wrote:
I reckon the right palm needs some more detail added to it. Otherwise, the arm could be either way up >.>

Very true, very true, that was the next thing I was going to fix.

CupOfCoffee
Aug 2, 2006, 10:37 AM
You definitely should change the font of that text, or take it out entirely. It may not seem important compared to the actual drawing, but it can really detract from the piece as a whole if your font looks bad.

Sayara
Aug 2, 2006, 12:06 PM
I don't think much was changed from this, can i see the line art again?

Dre_o
Aug 2, 2006, 07:56 PM
On 2006-08-02 10:06, Tingle wrote:
I don't think much was changed from this, can i see the line art again?

But of course!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/Flemlazoid/pic2_lines2-1.jpg
(Though I'm not sure if this is the ORIGINAL lines but good enough.)

And Cup, I see your point and a relevent one it is. Once I'm done adjusting the arm/hand, skin tone, I'll focus on the Text. Thanks for the insight.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-08-02 21:42 ]</font>

Sayara
Aug 2, 2006, 08:34 PM
Between Color and line the only difference i see is you lowered her elbow, and sort of fumbled with some of the oddities in the body (made a buttox curve) There is alot you can do here to make this image better.

I've seen you do better work then this one. Come on now.

Dre_o
Aug 3, 2006, 12:35 AM
On 2006-08-02 18:34, Tingle wrote:
Between Color and line the only difference i see is you lowered her elbow, and sort of fumbled with some of the oddities in the body (made a buttox curve) There is alot you can do here to make this image better.

I've seen you do better work then this one. Come on now.

Oh, a challenge huh? Alright dammit! You're on Tingle! I'll take this as a gentleman's challenge and kick your ass!

Ok, time to calm down. Seriously, if you want it, you will get it man. Ya brought out the competetive side, now you're gonna get the full brunt of it!

Sayara
Aug 3, 2006, 07:56 AM
You've missed my point. Look at your other earlier works. They are alot better then your two recent works. It is like you have forgoten everything you've been told from people here. I am not telling you this to disappoint, or to challange you; but for you to succeede as something.

Dre_o
Aug 3, 2006, 10:28 PM
On 2006-08-03 05:56, Tingle wrote:
You've missed my point. Look at your other earlier works. They are alot better then your two recent works. It is like you have forgoten everything you've been told from people here. I am not telling you this to disappoint, or to challange you; but for you to succeede as something.

Wow....interesting...your opinion about my past works is completely different from mine. I'd love to know which one's you're talking about and why you think so, because I have no freakin idea.

But I have one thing to say, do you notice everyone else's posts in this thread? Do you notice something in common? THEY'RE TRYING TO HELP ME. THEY ARE GIVING IDEAS AND THOUGHTS.

When you come in and say "you could do better, so do so." that ISN'T HELPING IN THE SLIGHTEST. That just pisses me off.

Please, if you have ANYTHING that is really constructive or an idea of how I might be able to become better, just say it or leave. If you say your ideas, I might not take it so much as an offensive jab and more as a suggestion.

Now Tingle, if you have anything else to say, you'll have to contact me personally via PM and then we will have a little chat.

I'm sorry to anyone who read this post expecting some kind of art related advancement on my part but I haven't had much time to draw thanks to work.

Now it's back to work for me.

Xygote
Aug 3, 2006, 10:52 PM
Say,have you tried using the shapes method?The one where you just draw circles and square and other various shapes and then start melding them from there?I used it a lot when I used to draw stuff and it R$EALLY helps a lot.I tended to try drawing a person out of thin air and I just couldn't do it but when I learned that method,it became a bit easier.I still had to put in a lot of work though. ._.

Well just keep at it and you'll get it in YOUR perfect way.You really shouldn't be hindered by what anyone says on here though,I mean,it's YOUR drawing.Maybe you WANT it to look a certain way and they just don't understand.

Well anyways.Keep up the work!

Dre_o
Aug 3, 2006, 10:54 PM
On 2006-08-03 20:52, Xygote wrote:
Say,have you tried using the shapes method?The one where you just draw circles and square and other various shapes and then start melding them from there?I used it a lot when I used to draw stuff and it R$EALLY helps a lot.I tended to try drawing a person out of thin air and I just couldn't do it but when I learned that method,it became a bit easier.I still had to put in a lot of work though. ._.

Well just keep at it and you'll get it in YOUR perfect way.You really shouldn't be hindered by what anyone says on here though,I mean,it's YOUR drawing.Maybe you WANT it to look a certain way and they just don't understand.

Well anyways.Keep up the work!

Boy oh boy have I tried the shapes. But I tend to mess up the shapes ALOT and I mean A TON. I shall keep the suggestion in mind though.

EDIT: Thank you for calling it "work" and not "good work" cause I'm not getting anywhere dammit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-08-03 20:55 ]</font>

navci
Aug 3, 2006, 11:06 PM
Geez. Dre-o. Calm down.

I'm sorry to anyone who read this post expecting some kind of art related advancement on my part but I haven't had much time to draw thanks to work.

If you don't have time, don't draw. This is a public forum, you can't expect to post some rushed crap and not expect others to call on you about it. The issues of what kinda problems in the picture has been raised, and Tingle is just calling you out on work that you havn't paid much attention on. I mean, if any one artist on the forum actually produced some work that seemed rushed people will call on them about it.

In short, if you're busy, don't draw. Draw when you have time. Don't go telling people that "oh I don't have much time" when they criticize your work.

Maridia
Aug 3, 2006, 11:10 PM
I'm a little drama queen~ short and stout~ Here is my thread and here is my- alright, that's enough of that.

Dre, Tingle and navi aren't trying to hurt you. They're just being bluntfully honest, and you should listen to the things they say with that in mind. I usually try to stay out of your threads because they tend to physically hurt me and part of me dies a little everytime, but.. Just listen to them. They're good peoples. And smart. And FAR more patient with you than i would be.

Now, keep on truckin. *patpat*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maridia on 2006-08-03 21:14 ]</font>