PDA

View Full Version : In you try to tell me...

Allos
Aug 1, 2006, 07:43 PM
...that the Insane Clown Posse produces "good" music, this is one instance in which your opinion is flat out wrong. I try to be understanding of other's personal tastes, but ICP fans (Juggalos for the uninformed) make it impossible for me to do so.

Every ICP song I've heard makes me want to be deaf (and I've heard my fair share through a friend of a friend). Every ICP song that I came into contact with was either about killing detractors with a hatchet (or some other form of bladed weapon), being a misfit (and with music as unholy as this, it's no surprise), or some carnival attraction...that kills...yeah. But terrible music is one thing if it's just terrible music or hell, a parody act, but it's something completely different when there exists a fan base to the said music that literally threatens to murder you if you say you don't like it.

Juggalos are quite possibly the most ignorant human beings on the planet (and not surprisingly the majority of them seem to be middle class suburban white kids). They consider themselves to be a "family" and that they "don't give a fuck what anyone thinks". I can't tell you how many times I've heard juggalos say "ICP songs contain a message for us all". And what's that message? That you should kill someone you don't get along with because YOU'RE a prick that might not be a misfit if you didn't try so hard to be one? That being "down with the clown" is cool???? That if you buy more and more ICP merchandise it'll guarantee you a spot into a fictional haven the group itself devised?

And speaking of merchandise, I've never seen so many walking advertisements for a band as I have on Juggalos. ICP Shirt. ICP Necklace. ICP Shoelaces. ICP Backpack (man that 14 year old kid at the mall was hardcore...). ICP Shorts. ICP Shoelaces.

I thought it was a rule in the music industry that only KISS was allowed to whore their merchandise to that extent.

At least the two douches that make up the Insane Clown Posse have some business mind which I give them credit for. Like flies to shit, they understand that their fanbase will eat up anything they put out in a desperate attempt to be "outside society" (although this is true of most suburban rebels).

It should be noted that I may have a slight bias towards the ICP and Juggalos. A good friend of mine started hanging out with a group of these morons as we got older and eventually became one. Long story short, I got an email from him today (we haven't spoken since junior year of high school) in which he apologized for being a douche and told me that he's not a juggalo anymore. This is a direct quote from him:

"I realized one day that all they did was put out terrible music and sell crap that I didn't need."

So in short, memories came back. So thank you to him for being the inspiration of this rant.

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 1, 2006, 10:22 PM
There was a recent headline in the newspaper about a group of people who were killed in a stabbing at a park. Whadya know, the culprits claimed to be Juggalos. I've never bothered to listen to any of their music, and I certainly don't plan to either....people who end up as Juggalos are either:
1.) mentally unstable
2.) deprived, and in need of support
3.) wannabes desperate to escape the grimy clasp of humanity
4.) publicity goons. what better way to get attention than to parade around in ICP merchandise with music turned up so loud that nearby pedestrians can hear? Hell, we're giving them attention now. Guess it works.

I do have major respect for your rant. You drove home the point without CAPS LOCK BEING ALL THE WHOLE TIME or without an insane amount of !!!!!. Kudos. It's a lot easier to listen to.

VioletSkye
Aug 1, 2006, 11:30 PM
I agree, excellent rant http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

navci
Aug 2, 2006, 12:25 AM
On 2006-08-01 17:43, Allos wrote:
And speaking of merchandise, I've never seen so many walking advertisements for a band as I have on Juggalos. ICP Shirt. ICP Necklace. ICP Shoelaces. ICP Backpack (man that 14 year old kid at the mall was hardcore...). ICP Shorts. ICP Shoelaces.

I LOLed to this part.

InfinityXXX
Aug 2, 2006, 06:50 AM
So thats what a Juggalo is.(I hear people call themselves that all the time at school but I never understood what it meant)

I remember one time a friend let me listen to one ICP song and the beat was alright but the lyrics turned me away. It was about dating and then killing your date, something like that.

I've never been a fan of music that talks about killing and violence, theres only one group that I'll listen too that talks about violence occasionally, and thats Gang Starr.(and thats only because DJ Premier is part of it)

CupOfCoffee
Aug 2, 2006, 09:53 AM
Yeah, pretty much everyone knows ICP is one of the worst bands of all time. They're like a running joke now.

Edit: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/29421 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CupOfCoffee on 2006-08-02 07:55 ]</font>

The_Pea_Guy
Aug 2, 2006, 10:54 AM
Good thing that I'm mostly oblivious to music trends.

Sinue_v2
Aug 2, 2006, 04:20 PM
I thought it was a rule in the music industry that only KISS was allowed to whore their merchandise to that extent.

You've never been to a dead show have you? They section off an entire strip of the parkinglot/campsite (called ShakeDown St) and dedicate it purely to merchandice and venders. Everything from St. Stephen sandles to Stealie Face trackballs for your PC's mouse.

But... then again, the Dead don't make royalties on that merchandice. Alot of it is home-made and sold off to help afford the venders their ticket for the day and gas to the next show.

OnnaWren
Aug 2, 2006, 04:59 PM
"And I don't give a damn if you don't like me, 'cause I don't like you, 'cause you're not like me..." - The Bloodhound Gang, "Shut Up" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Maridia
Aug 2, 2006, 05:53 PM
aaaaaaahahahahahaha

juggaloz 4 lyfe, allos. XDDDD

Man, making fun of the ICP.. that's oldschool fun for me. <3

Great rant.

Wyndham
Aug 2, 2006, 06:01 PM
I hate ICP. I also hate stupid suburban kids. we need death rays, NOW.

Allos
Aug 5, 2006, 12:00 AM
On 2006-08-02 16:01, Oran1324 wrote:
I hate ICP. I also hate stupid suburban kids. we need death rays, NOW.

Careful, if the internet juggalos find out they'll want to steal your lunch money!