PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania Help

Eros17
Aug 2, 2006, 06:56 PM
OK, In Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, I need to know how to get past those screw things that come out of the ground. Do you need a certain soul? If so, what do you get it from? Also, what weapons do you reccomend?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eros17 on 2006-08-02 16:57 ]</font>

Dek
Aug 2, 2006, 09:56 PM
Giant, spikey area in Subterranean Hell?

You have to use the Bone Ark soul to get there.

Bone Arks can be found nearby. It's just a matter of searching...

Eros17
Aug 3, 2006, 07:44 PM
No, the things that literally look like screws. They are placed all around in different areas and I can't get past them.

Blue-Hawk
Aug 3, 2006, 09:57 PM
There IS no physical way to cross them. Eventually, you come to the other side of them.

Eros17
Aug 4, 2006, 07:18 PM
Tanks

Eros17
Aug 8, 2006, 04:34 PM
New question, Do you NEED the Gergoth soul to advance in the game?

Selestiae
Aug 8, 2006, 07:01 PM
I'm guessing you're asking this because you want to know whether you can use the soul to forge a weapon, yes? Answer is you can't weapon-forge any souls you absolutely -need- to advance places. The boss souls can only be gotten once per playthrough though, so you won't be able to get the Chaos Ring if you use the boss souls for weapons (for this first playthrough, at least.)

As for getting past the screws, I'm pretty sure you CAN get past them without going around the long way, but it involves a glitch (namely, using the "backstab" special from Cinquendia/Cutall so Soma teleports over briefly and stands on the screw release plate.) However, the screws are there for a reason, and getting past one early means you're going to run into stuff you probably don't want to run into. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Selestiae on 2006-08-08 17:12 ]</font>

Eros17
Aug 8, 2006, 09:21 PM
Thanks, I was asking cause I ALREADY forged Gergoth with my Great Sword. hehe

PandaMasterX4
Aug 9, 2006, 02:25 PM
Most boss souls that you use to make weapons aren't needed for anything. Unlike the NES days, they actually prevent you from sacrificing what is needed.