PDA

View Full Version : how badly have the androids been watered down for the gcn re

Klakalou
Oct 29, 2002, 04:34 PM
the hucast is my fav, cuz of his strength and hp. but after reading some of the posts here, it looks like he wont be all that great. the other hunters have magic also, which makes the hucast look less exciting. i havent played ver2, so im still on ver1 status, my hucast Xero was lvl 100. can someone tell me whether it is a better idea to become a humar, hucaseal, or a hucast? btw, i played with all 3 in ver 1. on average, they were all level 80.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Klakalou on 2002-10-29 13:35 ]</font>

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Oct 29, 2002, 04:35 PM
Offline I'd go with HUmar, but online I'd be HUcast and hook up with a foxy force.

ABDUR101
Oct 29, 2002, 04:40 PM
I'm still sticking to an HUcast as a main character.

Infact, this time around, I might go with two main characters. I'll prolly try the new force, since I never really liked forces in Vers 1 and 2. =X

The HUcast, I beleive, has been made more of a hunter than a main runner. I doubt we'll be popping things with handguns better than RAmars this time, but it won't get you down. There's still plenty of fun to be had. =)

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Oct 29, 2002, 04:49 PM
Since they messed around with the HUcast, I'm going to be a HUmar this time around. The stat difference is big in the begining, but later on it won't be....

Rhete
Oct 29, 2002, 06:14 PM
I'm not sure if this is 100% right, but heres a brief run down of the hunteres

HUcast- Highest ATP and HP of the hunters. No magic, but can use traps. Low ATA

HUcaseal - Highest ATA of the hunters. No magic, but can use traps.

HUmar - Well rounded stats. Can use magic up to level 15, but cannot learn shifta, deband, grants, megid and reverser at all.

HUnewearl - Highest MST of the hunters. Lowest HP and ATA of the hunters. Can use magic up to level 20, but cannont learn grants, megid and reverser at all

Darrin
Oct 29, 2002, 06:28 PM
Androids can use traps and doesn't get hurt when using a photon blast. That was a new feature added I think

Ness
Oct 29, 2002, 06:39 PM
HUcast arent so bad. They can regain their HP by walking or staying still (one of the two).

Danger_Girl
Oct 29, 2002, 07:26 PM
I say just go with whatever you think looks the coolest, or what you want to play. Don't worry about stats and other stuff like that. I can guarantee none of the classes are going to be gimped.

Cube
Oct 29, 2002, 08:11 PM
Bleh. HUcasts are still in the top 3, if not THE top class.

Best HP, best ATP. Which means they can kill things the strongest, and the longest. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Eco30
Oct 29, 2002, 08:34 PM
WTF!!! RaMar hands down, forget the other two(no offense) but RaMar has the best of three worlds, oh and go with HuMar if nethin if you decide to hate on the long forgotten RaMar.

Rumina
Oct 29, 2002, 08:47 PM
theyre still a really good class as it is, so if they do indeed "water them down" a little, it wont be so different. all i here about class changes sounds good, because theyre just trying to make more of a balance.

Lileya
Oct 29, 2002, 08:49 PM
On 2002-10-29 15:14, Rhete wrote:

HUnewearl - Highest MST of the hunters. Lowest HP and ATA of the hunters. Can use magic up to level 20, but cannont learn grants, megid and reverser at all

Is is a typo or hunny rly gets lower ata than humar now? That sucks if it's true =/

Maelkith
Oct 29, 2002, 09:26 PM
Hucast will still be the best Ranger in the game even if ST did stomp their ATA. Now that the hit photons can get upwards to 75 or 90%, a Hucast with an Autogun will still hit harder than a Ramar with a Railgun. That with trap vision, HP regen and better DFP... easy choice for me.

I meant to say ranger- thats not a typo.

RavenTW
Oct 29, 2002, 09:38 PM
How about checking these lev 1 stats?

http://www.frisbee-dog.com/uploads/psohunters.jpg

http://www.frisbee-dog.com/uploads/psorangers.jpg

http://www.frisbee-dog.com/uploads/psoforces.jpg

Remember, these are LEVEL 1 stats. Also, Androids can automatically heal HP (in typical PS fashion), newmans can automatically regain TP, androids get to use traps in every mode, not just Ultimate, and non-newman hunters and rangers can't use Reverser, Shifta, Deband, Grantz, or Megid.

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Oct 29, 2002, 10:03 PM
Wow, thanks for posting that, Raven.
Very cool.

I'll take my RAcaseal now.

Klakalou
Oct 29, 2002, 10:34 PM
thanks for all the opinions everyone.i wasnt aware that hucast could even use traps, since i never bought v2. one of my fav aspects of hucast was his too-the-point ass kicking, especially with my fav wep, the tempest gungir! it wasnt that strong, but i always used it, except for when i was in ruins, then i had a lavis cannon with 50% dark, and it was legit too ^_^

btw, what was everyone fav mag? mine was the nandins. call this corny, but one of my female friends got me a blue nandin for my b-day when we played pso togethor=D

anyways, the game comes out tommorrow, hope i get a modem, and i hope to see some of u guys online(i never post in the forum, but i visit this site alot) laterz!

WeaponX3523
Oct 30, 2002, 12:32 AM
except for when i was in ruins, then i had a lavis cannon with 50% dark, and it was legit too ^_^

Yeah I miss my legit photon whip +255 with 2248% dark.

Cube
Oct 30, 2002, 06:46 AM
Wow... I didnt realise how strong the HUcaseal initially was....

Klakalou
Oct 30, 2002, 07:21 AM
On 2002-10-29 21:32, WeaponX3523 wrote:

except for when i was in ruins, then i had a lavis cannon with 50% dark, and it was legit too ^_^

=/

RavenTW
Oct 30, 2002, 08:06 AM
Yeah, I'm gonna miss my Soul Eater+9. It was a good wep in the Ruins, really!

Yes, the HUcaseal seems to be better than the HUcast this go-round, more reason for me to start with her!

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Oct 30, 2002, 08:32 AM
On 2002-10-29 21:32, WeaponX3523 wrote:

lol, I needed that....

haterade
Oct 30, 2002, 09:39 AM
Haha.... Androids are DEFINATELY not a threat this time around, and if that chart is right, it means the HUnewearl has a higher DFP than every class... Someone is quite able to take a beating now... that's going to help a lot against the higher ATP of whoever else... not to mention the lv20 magic...

*smiles; waits for battles*