PDA

View Full Version : Ruins+Very Hard+HUcast+Gae Bolg=Unbeatable?

GalaxTheWanderer
Aug 3, 2006, 06:46 AM
Well, I cannot seem to get my HUcast, Secros, past the dark/death gunners in the ruins on very hard. They shoot my before I can attack them, and the blast takes almost all of my HP. Critical hits kill me. As an android, I cannot use spells to get through the shields, and I have no rare guns for him to use to shoot from afar when they are open to damage. What do I do? All he has is his gae bolg!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 3, 2006, 06:50 AM
When they settle down from hovering around the room you can hit them including one that is red.

If you attack the red one, all of them descend into a fetal position to wail on them all you want.

Also as a cast, use your fire and freeze traps. While frozen you can hit them anytime they're in range, not just after they settle down from their moving patterns.

Try to freeze them in a group or line where its easier to hit them all at once with your partisan combos.

GalaxTheWanderer
Aug 3, 2006, 06:52 AM
Thanks. I never thought of using my traps, as I tend to find them useless, but I guess they are not! Well, anyway, I will now get to ultimate(at around lvl 64-65 lol) and prolly get pwn'd.

Your_MajestY
Aug 3, 2006, 07:15 AM
Wow wow wow, did you say traps are useless?
Well join the happy days in ultimate without traps. (^^,)

Neith
Aug 3, 2006, 07:22 AM
Get to use your traps more, they're lifesavers in Ultimate.

OneandtheSame
Aug 3, 2006, 11:44 AM
On 2006-08-03 04:52, Galax wrote:
Thanks. I never thought of using my traps, as I tend to find them useless, but I guess they are not! Well, anyway, I will now get to ultimate(at around lvl 64-65 lol) and prolly get pwn'd.

Traps are one of the best reasons to use casts. Especially Ice Traps. Confusion traps are endlessly fun as well.

Zarbolord
Aug 3, 2006, 12:56 PM
With my low lvl characters (such as Kranz when he was in ruins) I used to paralyse them with the Varista, isn't there an easier method? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KratosAurion
Aug 4, 2006, 02:45 PM
I mainly play as a FO so I just hit them with grants and go on with my life...

arisen_devil
Aug 4, 2006, 03:20 PM
traps are a cast's best friend. learn to use them, and they'll make sure you get trough everything. i even miss my freeze traps when not playing with a cast. confuse traps are fun too for big groups of enemies. try one on a group, and use a slicer or mechgun. you hit them from a distance, they hit each other: slaugher guaranteed.
freeze traps are the most fun against enemies you can only hit once, or annoying ones (e.g. freeze a sinow beat, gold, blue,... and they can't use their jump attack/ invisibility to annoy you), or also groups which you can then slice through with a sword like butter.
i didn't use traps either at first, but once i started using them, the game got a whole lot easier

as for the dark gunners: as others said: always attack the red one, since they all get stunned then, and if you freeze them, you can hit them like they weren't "invincible".

Asuke
Aug 4, 2006, 06:10 PM
On 2006-08-04 12:45, KratosAurion wrote:
I mainly play as a FO so I just hit them with grants and go on with my life...

thats a waste of TP and time... depending on the "FO" you are using you should be casting either Gizonde or Razonde. CUZ its faster to cast and they dont even get the chance to hit you. Also high lvl grants is re-DIC-ulous to cast. The tp is not worth the wait and the hit. Grants should only really be used on the Chaos Sorcerer.

Greg169
Aug 11, 2006, 02:13 PM
On 2006-08-03 04:50, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
When they settle down from hovering around the room you can hit them including one that is red.

If you attack the red one, all of them descend into a fetal position to wail on them all you want.

Also as a cast, use your fire and freeze traps. While frozen you can hit them anytime they're in range, not just after they settle down from their moving patterns.

Try to freeze them in a group or line where its easier to hit them all at once with your partisan combos.

Sure yeah that's good and all but the best way that i could find to beat them was to use a weapon that can get through their sheilds like a Guilty light but I don't think Hucasts can use that.