PDA

View Full Version : weird bulk attack

Tallus
Aug 3, 2006, 09:27 PM
ok so I was playing a newly made character in the ruins. (hard mode) A bulclaw nipped me and split. my character was a few levels too low to be in the ruins so he wasn't hitting very hard. I sliced all the claws and the bulk. the first three swings killed none of the claws or the bulk. the bulk then came up next to me and made this weird noise and this green flash came off it. it knocked me down, brought me down to one hp, and died. i tried it again with less health, and the weird attack again brought me down to one health. Does anyone know what kind of attack it was, and has this happened to anyone? it just freaked me out a little. if it has happened to you, did it bring you down to 1 hp?
just wondering...

A2K
Aug 3, 2006, 09:38 PM
Yes, they do that, in exactly the manner you described. It rarely happens since most people make rather short work of them before they have the opportunity.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-08-03 19:38 ]</font>

OneandtheSame
Aug 3, 2006, 09:39 PM
Actually, I've never had this problem, I always let bulclaws reform.(especially since I want a DF field.). It sounds like they always bring you down to 1 though.

Splash
Aug 3, 2006, 09:56 PM
That's the Bulk's special move. It is not a glitch. But since the Bulk has like the lowest HP in the game (at least, seems like it), you shouldn't have to deal with that attack.

And since we are talking about that, can Claws form into a Bulclaw without the Bulk?

Tallus
Aug 3, 2006, 09:59 PM
i never had a problem with it until this character. he's a bit of a pansie... but good for level 26... i think the bulks only do it if you het em but don't kill them.

OneandtheSame
Aug 3, 2006, 10:00 PM
On 2006-08-03 19:56, Splash wrote:
That's the Bulk's special move. It is not a glitch. But since the Bulk has like the lowest HP in the game (at least, seems like it), you shouldn't have to deal with that attack.

And since we are talking about that, can Claws form into a Bulclaw without the Bulk?

I don't think so.

I think, though I might be wrong, if the bulclw splits, as long as one of the claws that budded off is there, it will reform.

Splash
Aug 3, 2006, 11:28 PM
On 2006-08-03 20:00, Animeloser wrote:
I don't think so.

I think, though I might be wrong, if the bulclw splits, as long as one of the claws that budded off is there, it will reform.

I see, so Rico's message was wrong. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Thanks.

One more thing, what does it mean when Claws move up?

Rekitheforce
Aug 4, 2006, 09:16 AM
On 2006-08-03 21:28, Splash wrote:
I see, so Rico's message was wrong. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Thanks.

One more thing, what does it mean when Claws move up?
I'm not sure about this. It happens to me when I'm trying to make room between the Claws and my character. I have my back turned, and once I turn around they're all floating. (they do come back down though).

blace
Aug 4, 2006, 12:53 PM
When the claw moves upward it is probably to avoid any any attacks from a close range weapon but guns are effective against it.

Rekitheforce
Aug 4, 2006, 01:22 PM
On 2006-08-04 10:53, blace wrote:
When the claw moves upward it is probably to avoid any any attacks from a close range weapon but guns are effective against it.

Claws are really smart... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Splash
Aug 4, 2006, 05:39 PM
Hehe, a very nice assumption. I guess that's it then, thanks.