PDA

View Full Version : Question about my MAG

Spyke114
Aug 5, 2006, 12:35 AM
My char's a HUmar and I had a Varaha and I didn't think that it would change anymore, but then it suddenly evolved into an Ila for some reason!
how did this happen and why, and also, is there going to be any more changes?

129:
def 18
dex 36
pow 38
mind 37
(I think)
Sync 200
IQ...50? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
(if any of this matters)

Splash
Aug 5, 2006, 12:59 AM
It did not "evolve", it changed its form. It changes because one stat has dominated over the other stat before. In other words, if POW was the most at first, it will be one mag. Later, if DEX was the most, then it will change to another mag. The only exception to this is if it was a rare mag which in this case, cannot change no matter what.

Spyke114
Aug 5, 2006, 06:44 AM
So if i make Dex the dominant stat again, it will go back to the Varaha?
I don't like the Ila, they don't give me invincibility like most other mags do.

Spyke114
Aug 5, 2006, 08:38 AM
Also, why did Varaha sometimes revive me and sometimes not?
is there some way to make that happen more often?

KratosAurion
Aug 5, 2006, 10:06 AM
Up his IQ

Spyke114
Aug 5, 2006, 06:48 PM
I did, but why is it changing?

or is that how I get it to revive me?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spyke114 on 2006-08-05 16:50 ]</font>

Splash
Aug 5, 2006, 07:02 PM
IQ determines the number of times it will trigger the special affect for you. The higher the IQ, the more likely it will.

And no, Varaha is a first evolution. When it is at LV50 (or 55, can't remember), it will evolve once more and won't return back to Varaha. But you still can change its second evolution.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Splash on 2006-08-05 17:04 ]</font>

rena-ko
Aug 5, 2006, 07:18 PM
any normal third evolution isnt final. mags change every 5 levels.
mags change when the game notices it fullfills a certain requirement for your char and ID-group.
this means: if the stats change so that another stat is the highest, it will change the next time its level is divideable by 5.
this also means: transfer a level 200 mag to a char with a different class or ID-group, and it will change if that char feeds it.
this means too: you can change the mag back to what it was before by reverting the trigger that changed it (feed it so that the stat-balance is like it was before, just higher - transfer it back to the initial char).

personally, i dont like all that hassle, so i aim for a fourth evolution which would be regarded as special and thus would be final, unchangeable and the name would change into yellow lettering. benefit is that the mag will stay like that regardless what you do - and the statgrowth of 4th evo-mags is at least twice as fast as that of 3rd evo-mags.

check back with the database for details.

Spyke114
Aug 6, 2006, 01:08 PM
ok.....so then I just keep the dex up for the Varaha to stay? I might be missing something, but that's what I'm getting from all of this...and just every 5 levels...ok i think. thanks^^

and Splash, you're thinking of Varuna, Varaha is close in lettering but way different otherwise.