PDA

View Full Version : GC: Perminatly moving game data on GC??

soup_dragon
Aug 5, 2006, 02:54 PM
Hi

Just wondered if anybody knew how to perminatly transfer a character from one memory card to another? I've just ordered an offical memory card and whated to move my characters from the unoffical cards to the offical one, is this possible?

Thanks in advance

VioletSkye
Aug 5, 2006, 03:57 PM
You aren't able to transfer your PSO files from one card to another through normal means. It is meant as a way to deter duping your items. Transfering files from one card to another can be done, but forum rules do not allow discussion as to how it can be done. Also keep in mind that the PSO save files are tied to the format ID of the memory card and even if you could simply transfer those files to another card, the game would view them as corrupt and ask you to overwrite them with new files anyway. Essentially what needs to happen is to copy the entire image of the original card itself and have it transferred (formatted) to the new card.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-08-05 13:57 ]</font>

soup_dragon
Aug 7, 2006, 03:49 AM
Ok, Thanks for that.

Looks like I'll have to hope that the unoffical memory card doesn't do anything silly!!

Thanks

PSOPRINCE
Aug 10, 2006, 03:16 PM
just back up your items and avoid doing things to get currupted, ive had an unoficial mem and my official currupted before it di soo dont be too worried