PDA

View Full Version : Love Rappies

Kio
Aug 5, 2006, 09:10 PM
Well...I was just destroying VHard Episode 2 Temple when I stumbled upon a 'love rappy'. I had heard these were online only, so is love rappy the episode equivalent of the rare form? My PSO disc has been known to screw up before, so it may have been a glitch or something...

Anyway, I need to know how rare these things are, and if your actually supposed be able to get em offline.

Thanks.

DonRoyale
Aug 5, 2006, 09:12 PM
1/512, and you can get them offline. They change form into a different rare Rappy online, depending on what holdiay. (Egg Rappy for Easter, Hallo Rappy for Halloween, and St. Rappy for Christmas IIRC)

PMB960
Aug 5, 2006, 09:52 PM
Do they still even have any holiday rappies on the GC servers?

Rekitheforce
Aug 5, 2006, 10:27 PM
On 2006-08-05 19:10, Kio wrote:
Well...I was just destroying VHard Episode 2 Temple when I stumbled upon a 'love rappy'. I had heard these were online only, so is love rappy the episode equivalent of the rare form? My PSO disc has been known to screw up before, so it may have been a glitch or something...

Anyway, I need to know how rare these things are, and if your actually supposed be able to get em offline.

Thanks.

Yes, you are supposed to get them offline. I ran into one the other day, and got an Angel/Luck. Your disk isn't screwed up or anything like that.

Splash
Aug 5, 2006, 11:17 PM
Nope, Love Rappy is a rare rappy. Congratulations. In the Cal terminals, under Enemy descriptions, it will say ??? Rappy. As said already, this is because multiple rare Rappies exist online in the Temple Area, depending on the holiday.

rena-ko
Aug 6, 2006, 04:24 AM
the holiday rappies are a strictly online-event tho.
santa, hallo and egg rappies only appear during the event times around xmas, halloween respectively easter. they drop the same in each difficulty (but its said that their droprate in normal mode isnt 100% but only 7/8 ): their special item that contains a random other item.

see this thread for further info:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=116581&forum=7&3

l3iohazard
Aug 6, 2006, 01:54 PM
be happy u got one in about 100 runs of the temple i've gotten 2 and one of them droped me a god/luck (i didn't bother piping i hate you...crimson)

PMB960
Aug 6, 2006, 07:55 PM
On 2006-08-06 02:24, rena-ko wrote:
(but its said that their droprate in normal mode isnt 100% but only 7/8 )

The chance for them of droping anything is 7/8 and they only drop rares.

VioletSkye
Aug 6, 2006, 10:14 PM
On 2006-08-06 17:55, PMB960 wrote:

On 2006-08-06 02:24, rena-ko wrote:
(but its said that their droprate in normal mode isnt 100% but only 7/8 )

The chance for them of droping anything is 7/8 and they only drop rares.

Actually thats slightly backwards. They will ALWAYS drop something 100% of the time but only 87% of the time will it be a rare (they have the same rare drop rate as the Al Rappy in normal.) I just did 2 hours of testing with the Rare enemy code (so that I got TONS of Love Rappies, I literally killed hundreds of them) and every single one dropped at least something, but once in a while I got something other than the rare (mainly meseta and the ocassional monomate.) This was on Normal btw.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-08-06 20:38 ]</font>

Lord_Kratos
Aug 6, 2006, 10:26 PM
thats cool. i wish i could go online. i know this is off topic but im gonna ask quick. can i pay any other way than credit card for online. but back on topic yes the Love Rappy is available offline and no its not a glitch. my friend got a Regen Gear from one i think.

Sitka
Aug 7, 2006, 03:49 PM
I've had the good fortune of getting 2 of the GIANT Love Rappies.

Let me tell you, when you round a corner in Temple smack dab into a GIANT Love Rappy, startling is not strong enough a word.

zakami
Aug 7, 2006, 08:53 PM
how come all i ever get from love rappys are angle lucks?
and how do i get somthing else

VioletSkye
Aug 7, 2006, 09:07 PM
On 2006-08-07 18:53, zakami wrote:

As was already mentioned, they only drop Angel Luck in Normal. If you want something better move to a higher difficulty. Love Rappy Drops (http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php?by=monsters&monster=Love+Rappy&version=v3)

I should have elaborated on my previous post. When I did my testing, the "rare" I was getting was Angel Luck. It's not really a rare per se, but for the sake of cruising through Normal and killing as many Love Rappies as I could as fast as I could, it was the item I used as a basis for the rare drop (since the 7/8 drop rate is consistent throughout all difficulties except Ultimate where there are more 1/2 drops.)

Splash
Aug 7, 2006, 09:35 PM

You get better ones on higher difficulites. Don't except anything good on Normal.

For me, 1/2 drop rates are pure evil. Once I saw one and it just dropped me meseta. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

zakami
Aug 9, 2006, 11:42 AM
i wasent on normal

Rekitheforce
Aug 9, 2006, 12:54 PM

Move up to a higher difficulty. Drops are random, depending on what section id you are depends on what rare you'll get.

Twilite
Aug 9, 2006, 01:32 PM
On 2006-08-09 09:42, zakami wrote:
i wasent on normal

Are you Whitill or Yellowboze? Those two section IDs get Angel Luck on Hard also.