PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

LostHero
Oct 30, 2002, 01:35 AM
Its funny to read and watch all the bashing of this game "the makers of this game should be pubically stoned," or its being compared to jackass and the downfall of our young societies ever diminishing morals. I personally think it is an extremely well done, intuitive and creative game, that even with its hype managed to outpreform GTA3. What do you think of this game?

rbf2000
Oct 30, 2002, 01:42 AM
Looks fun. From what I've seen of it and GTA3, they seem to be almost exactly the same. Keep in mind, I haven't actually played either, but I have watched a lot. (My roomate has both...)

Regardless, it's good fun.

Nerd
Oct 30, 2002, 03:19 AM
its exactly the same, but more fun in ways like: riding scooters and motorcycles (road rash fun ensues when u bump any walls) as well as improved graphics and tons o fruity 80's tunes (nothin beats runnin over a skater chick in a bikini while '99 luftballoons' plays in the background

Shadow_Blade
Oct 30, 2002, 06:49 AM
I herd you can kill people with a screwdriver too...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

BlackRose
Oct 30, 2002, 01:26 PM
I haven't played Vice City yet, but GTA3 is indeed a great game. You can play through it and enjoy it, or you can just drive around and enjoy it.

I actually heard a report on National Public Radio (i believe it was "All Things Considered") saying that while it was corrupt, it spoke directly to what game players asked for; as well as praising the design and story.

RuneLateralus
Oct 30, 2002, 02:31 PM
I have played GTA2 and really didn't care for it. Because of that, I decided to skip out on GTA3 and never tried the game because of my old impression.

Then I started looking up info on GTA3 and Vice City. The 80's music was an incentive for me to get the game, and so today I purchased it (ah Virgin Megastore...how no one buys games from you makes it easier to get games I didn't reserve).

Here is hoping it is as good as everyone says it is.

ITO
Oct 30, 2002, 04:29 PM
Well, I dont know. I haven't played the game yet, and that's because I dont have a PS2. Shit, I better get my hands on a ps2 soon..

Saladwood
Oct 30, 2002, 05:22 PM
GTA VC is good, but they use the ps2's blur effect way to often to hide it's horrible framerate.

this type of game deserves to be on a more powerful system.

X-thirteen
Oct 31, 2002, 12:26 AM
On 2002-10-30 14:22, PSOSaladWood wrote:
GTA VC is good, but they use the ps2's blur effect way to often to hide it's horrible framerate.

this type of game deserves to be on a more powerful system.

i couldnt agree with you more.

and i hate that new bright oranve lens/sun effect.

Kent
Nov 1, 2002, 06:43 AM
On 2002-10-30 11:31, RuneLateralus wrote:
I have played GTA2 and really didn't care for it. Because of that, I decided to skip out on GTA3 and never tried the game because of my old impression.

GTA3 is slightly better because of the graphics and better control and viewpoint, but other than that, the game is crap like it's predecessors.

I still think the only thing Rockstar did right was Max Payne.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kent on 2002-11-01 03:43 ]</font>

RuneLateralus
Nov 1, 2002, 11:52 AM
Ok, I just spent the better of yesterday playing the game, and I can say I definitely agree on the graphics part, but other than that, the game is great. I am having a fun time with this game and this will keep me occupied until I get PSO, Panzer Dragoon, or Malice on the XBox (which ever of those come first).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2002-11-01 08:53 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Nov 2, 2002, 02:02 PM
I played GTA3 to death, havent played GTA:VC yet, but I will, its next on my list.

...GTA:VC, TS2, RF2, a bunch of RPGs...

Nerd
Nov 2, 2002, 09:15 PM
turn the blurring off, trust me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Guile
Nov 5, 2002, 09:49 PM
The game is fun as hell
only thing I don't like are the radio stations, colors (to much pink), and the cops are to easy

but its still fun as hell
More interaction with buildings
more stuff to drive
and way better weaps
(my fav is the chainsaw)

Kemon
Nov 12, 2002, 10:52 AM
On 2002-10-30 03:49, Shadow_Blade wrote:
I herd you can kill people with a screwdriver too...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Yes you can kill people with screwdrivers and hammers too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kemon on 2002-11-12 07:53 ]</font>