PDA

View Full Version : Burnout on xbox 180 online.

Foxix
Aug 6, 2006, 08:00 PM
ack, I just rented it for the second time and I used to play it just fine. So now I pop it in and I can't connect to xbox live. All my other games work but not this one, any advice? or did EA take the servers offline to make way for the 360 version and try to convince people to buy the new one?

Skett
Aug 6, 2006, 08:11 PM
I haven't heard anything about servers being removed, although it is undoubtably a problem on EA's side. They are infamously known for their horrible networking. The early online EA games were riddled with so many problems.

EDIT: Well, I did find something. It doesn't reference any Burnout games, although it wouldn't surprise me if EA just hasn't officially announced it. Keep trying to get on anyways if you haven't.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/06/no-more-online-gaming-for-you-says-ea/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skett on 2006-08-06 20:51 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Aug 6, 2006, 11:18 PM
I dunno if that's the case... I was just on BurnOut 3 for the PS2 last night and the servers seemed to run fine. I doubt they were purposely taking down or making other versions servers unstable just to goade people into buying the next gen versions.

Well, except for the fact that only three people (myself included) were the only ones online in the ENTIRE WORLD.

Yeah, I know - the game is old, but christ... more people were playing Quake III Arena for the Dreamcast/PC last night than on BurnOut 3.