PDA

View Full Version : *sad face*

linkzone
Aug 7, 2006, 06:21 AM
Makes me so sad knowing PSU is comming here to Japan and I cant read or understand much Japanese. I want the game so bad that I can taste it. (Tastes like plastic). Anyway, Ive brought this up before but now that the release is so close for here and the US is months later I cant stand it.

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 7, 2006, 06:28 AM
Play-asia, himeya, Both great import sites.

Kyunji
Aug 7, 2006, 07:01 AM
You misunderstand. He lives in Japan, but can't understand the language. I'd be sad, too.

zandra117
Aug 7, 2006, 07:58 AM
Buy PSU and then learn Japanese while you play it.

hypersaxon
Aug 7, 2006, 09:02 AM
You live in Japan and can't speak it?! Must not have a lot of friends there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Velocity_7
Aug 7, 2006, 09:03 AM
Depends on how long he's lived in Japan; live at least a year and he'll have some speaking ability, guaranteed.

Emrald
Aug 7, 2006, 09:48 AM
Well.....Luckily for me I'll be able to start playing imports in two years cause i'm guna take three years of japanese in highschool and maybe even in collage as well

AeraLure
Aug 7, 2006, 10:10 AM
I've been playing imports for over five years with no language training. Picked up some things along the way while enjoying gaming at the same time. I second the opinions of picking the game up and playing while learning, especially given you are right there in Japan. I bet you already have better Japanese language skills than me. I really should get into a more disciplined self study at the very least.

Inazuma
Aug 7, 2006, 10:19 AM
yea, buy psu jp and learn the language as you play. and dont worry, there will be a large amount of eng players there to help you.

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 7, 2006, 10:38 AM
True there are also going to be plenty of guides and there's a team here ready to translate story as well.

DoctorShasta
Aug 7, 2006, 11:09 AM
Yea and even if you can't understand it you can sorta guess what to do

PandaMasterX4
Aug 7, 2006, 12:31 PM
Just get a japanese bilingual girlfriend and have her translate what it says and act it out. =3

Numnuttz
Aug 7, 2006, 01:15 PM
hhhmmm bilingual japanese girlfriend, that sounds like a good idea. if it were me id have her act like Maya all the time when she tranlastes the text.

DoctorShasta
Aug 7, 2006, 03:56 PM
Or I'd make her take off an article of clothing everytime I said a complete sentence correctly, that'd be good motivation!

Longhair-nyu
Aug 7, 2006, 04:02 PM
If you are living in Japan and playing JP-PSU and overall come here to view the Guides, then i'm definitely sure you'll easy learn japanese and really enjoy the game at the same time!
...and don't forget the girlfriend thing! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/candycane.gif

I personaly would like to help you guys too, if i could, but my japanese just lacks, but importing it anyway... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

linkzone
Aug 8, 2006, 02:21 AM
Just get a japanese bilingual girlfriend and have her translate what it says and act it out. =3

Totally Agree with that. *runs out and starts looking for one* Thanks for all the help. Gonna be buying the game early. Yayyyyy....

therealAERO
Aug 8, 2006, 02:24 AM
I learned katakana and some hirigana before playing PSU. Helps out with items, but thats about it.

I have a Japanese Bilingual girlfriend, but her second language is french, and her first is English. >_<