PDA

View Full Version : Goya foods

Soinkus
Aug 7, 2006, 09:19 PM
http://www.goya.com/english/products/images_product/product0062.jpg

Anyone here ever try Goya products?

I mostly just buy their rice, and their sodas.

Their rice is SUPER cheap, as if rice already wasn't inexpensive.

Every time I buy groceries, I'll buy a dozen of their pineapple sodas.

I've almost all their other, except, until tonight, their ginger beer.

It's nasty.

It tastes like carbonated water with lemon and black pepper poured in.

Anyone else try odd products that they've found to be enjoyable?

roygbiv
Aug 7, 2006, 09:37 PM
Ginger beer is really tricky... I am kind of picky about my ginger beer also... I am not sure if I have had theirs before but it certainly does not register on my list of favorites...

their canned juices seem pretty ok, except there never seems to be enough in a can to quench your thirst.

OdinTyler
Aug 8, 2006, 09:43 AM
I, being of 3 different Spanish nationalities (among other, non-Spanish nationalities) grew up on Goya. They're best known for their beans. Buy them in the bag, not the can. There is a taste difference. Either is fine, but, the bag is preferable. That being said, I've tried their yellow rice (it's OK) & their arroz con gandules (they do NOT taste like how gandules are supposed to). As has already been said here, everything Goya isn't necessarily good, however Goya is a decent brand to go with. I've found them not to be on the West Coast (when I was out there) so Im wondering, is it East Coast only?

Tallus
Aug 8, 2006, 11:16 AM
i'm not much of a yellow rice fan, but i've tried their fruit drinks and they're pretty good. most botled fruit drinks are way to sweet, but the goya ones i've tried have been pretty good.

Leviathan
Aug 8, 2006, 01:28 PM
There malta i good.