PDA

View Full Version : Should I upgrade... and also

BeeYee
Aug 10, 2006, 10:04 AM
my Frozen Shooter to a Snow Queen. I know it cant combo and it wont have as much range, but it pierces more. But is it worth just one shot for the piercing?

Is my character good as he is? He is a level 73 RAcast and his weapons arent power weapons.

Whittill

Frozen Shooter, Red Mechguns, Spread Needle

D-parts ver 2.01 (i think)
4x god/arms

Secret Gear

Madhu 19/115/66/0

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BeeYee on 2006-08-10 08:10 ]</font>

Dhylec
Aug 10, 2006, 10:12 AM
'Piercing' is not a very accurate description. It's more like an area hit, a small one that is. Foes need to be like a clump for that to work. ;]

If some more ATP is what you want & not being able to combo isn't a problem, then go ahead for the SQ. Personally, I prefer speed over power. ;]

BeeYee
Aug 10, 2006, 10:14 AM
So in your opinion, youd rather just keep it the same? Because if so, since youre a mod, Id listen to you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Dhylec
Aug 10, 2006, 10:17 AM
No, don't take my advice because I'm a mod. Take it as a fellow player who has seen it before.

Again, what I like might not be what you like. If you are offline, try it w/SQ then reset if you don't like it.

OneandtheSame
Aug 10, 2006, 11:46 AM
It's debatable which one is better. After all, Snow Queen is extremely useful in Ultimate Ruins, if you clump the baddies together.

Ketchup345
Aug 10, 2006, 01:49 PM
Many would suggest upgrading if your Frozen Shooter has a decent amount of Hit % (many say 30% or more I think). This makes up for the inability to combo.

I would also suggest bringing a Frozen Shooter along with the Snow Queen for certain areas where comboing is necessary and enemies often appear alone (Towers, etc).

Each is better in certain situations. Look at the areas you play, and decide which would be best.

PSOPRINCE
Aug 10, 2006, 02:51 PM
i'd say keep the frozen shooter, i have only had one non comboing weopon and thats the belra cannon and i find combo'ing easier

GrumblyStuff
Aug 10, 2006, 05:14 PM
On 2006-08-10 11:49, Ketchup345 wrote:
Many would suggest upgrading if your Frozen Shooter has a decent amount of Hit % (many say 30% or more I think). This makes up for the inability to combo.

I would also suggest bringing a Frozen Shooter along with the Snow Queen for certain areas where comboing is necessary and enemies often appear alone (Towers, etc).

Each is better in certain situations. Look at the areas you play, and decide which would be best.
What he said.

I got a SQ with 15% and it will miss Ult Ruins Delsabers sometimes. If you're use to rounding up Delsabers for Barta, you'll love the SQ.

The lack of combo makes it harder to use but it's very fun to use if you know where and how to use it (and against what type of enemies).

Neith
Aug 10, 2006, 05:22 PM
FS with Hit= Turn to SQ

FS without Hit= Leave as FS.

The SQ HAS to start on a special attack to freeze, since it can't combo, so the added ATA from Hit is needed in some areas.

All in all, FS is better when the enemies are spread out. If you get a group of enemies near each other, SQ might be a good choice.

If you're offline on console, turn it into a SQ (if you want), and if you dont like it, you can always soft reset and have your FS back.

BeeYee
Aug 10, 2006, 10:54 PM
Mine doesnt have any hit, well its a 2 to 1 vote on keeping it since it has no percents, probably shouldve told you that earlier.

iknowimastud
Aug 10, 2006, 11:49 PM
use the snow queen cause its name is cooler

-Crokar-
Aug 11, 2006, 12:13 AM
leave it a fs its better because it can combo and you dont have to worry about having high ata for the 1 shot with the snow queen