PDA

View Full Version : why can i connect but not play?

diospadre
Oct 30, 2002, 05:49 PM
Ok, first things first. I use WinXP connection sharing to share my PPPOE dsl to my gamecube. This setup worked perfectly fine when i was playing the japanese version.

I was able to get my hunter's license and connect to the pso servers. I get the "welcome to ragol..." message, but the game doesn't do anything from there. The lobby is there, but no ship selection screen appears, and after about five minutes it just disconnects.

If I plug my other shared crappy dsl line directly into the cube I can connect and play fine (but it is laggy and shared by many people). Why does it not work when I use ICS, when it did just last week on the japanese version?

sparktenks
Oct 31, 2002, 12:53 AM
I got it tot work with ICS, Do you have a firewall? Also the computer sharing the internet connection. Has it been rebooted recently. if not reboot it. Atleast 1 every other day. Also if you have an external DSL modem
unplug it(while the coimputer is off) and plug it back in.

diospadre
Oct 31, 2002, 02:10 AM
i'll try unplugging the modem, but i doubt rebooting my computer would be of any help.

Blenjar
Nov 3, 2002, 04:42 PM
On 2002-10-30 14:49, diospadre wrote:
The lobby is there, but no ship selection screen appears, and after about five minutes it just disconnects.

You should go to option and check out the auto disconnection thing.

diospadre
Nov 3, 2002, 06:31 PM
even if it didn't disconnect, i still can't select a ship.

rbf2000
Nov 3, 2002, 06:41 PM
Try using some port mappings.

It could be that you are sending the information, but once the information comes back, it doesn't know where to go, and is lost...

So, try using these: 40975, 41231, 41487, 41743

diospadre
Nov 5, 2002, 02:12 PM
how would i do that? i'm not using a router or anything like that.