PDA

View Full Version : People of PSOW, lend me your voices!

Kupi
Aug 10, 2006, 10:31 PM
Hey, everyone. A friend of mine and I are working on a soon-to-be-released music album. Here's the problem: we need to simulate a party for one of the tracks. And, unfortunately, you can't make background chatter with only two people without it sounding... well, like two people are talking to each other quite a bit. That's where you all come in. If you've got a microphone that can record at a sound quality above "utter garbage" and have the time to do roughly a minute and a half of recording, please send me a PM so I can tell you the specifics of what I need. I should also note that this is fairly urgent-- we'll be releasing the album to its first audience on the 19th (Saturday), so please be aware that I'll need the recording done and delivered expeditiously if you decide to join in. Credit will be given where due, naturally.

Thank you for your time.

Allos
Aug 10, 2006, 11:16 PM
If you have an editing program and either of you can can make different "voices", just record yourselves separately and stack those on top of eachother.

Boxblaster
Aug 10, 2006, 11:32 PM
A friend of mine has a decent mic, I believe. I'd have to get back to you on that though.

Kupi
Aug 11, 2006, 11:41 PM
On 2006-08-10 21:16, Allos wrote:
If you have an editing program and either of you can can make different "voices", just record yourselves separately and stack those on top of eachother.

We'll resort to that if we have to, but we'd much rather get a variety of real voices rather than variations on our own, for realism's sake. Thanks for the suggestion!

Alielle
Aug 12, 2006, 01:33 AM
Have you thought of using royalty-free sound effects?

Kupi
Aug 12, 2006, 11:57 AM
On 2006-08-11 23:33, Alielle wrote:
Have you thought of using royalty-free sound effects?

Yeah, we thought of that as well. We're just trying to get the community engaged in the project (makes for more people interested in the final product http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif).