PDA

View Full Version : RAINBOW BATON!!

iknowimastud
Aug 11, 2006, 08:10 AM
on the item combination page it says to make a rainbow baton you need a magic rock iritista and a slicer series but i cant find the slicer series anywhere on the item database, can anyone help me?

Bezmor
Aug 11, 2006, 08:12 AM
You just need a slicer like slice or spinner or sawcer or one of the slicers not a special one. Just make sure you have the right amount of pluses.

iknowimastud
Aug 11, 2006, 08:19 AM
you mean like one of the cheapo's from the store? and what do you mean right amount of pluses?

Zarbolord
Aug 11, 2006, 08:57 AM
He's talking about the grinds. In the guide it tells you what grinds you need and the lvl your character needs to be to actually forge the Rainbow Baton. Each weapon from the slicer series requires a certain amount of grinds (I think it's max grind, but not sure). Anyway, use one that has high %s on it, they'll go onto the RB.

whiteninja
Aug 11, 2006, 09:15 AM
On 2006-08-11 06:57, Zarbolord wrote:
Each weapon from the slicer series requires a certain amount of grinds (I think it's max grind, but not sure).
That's right.

Since you can use the slicers from the shop, it is very easy to buy a 50hit slicer and use that. The created Rainbow Baton will have 50hit.

iknowimastud
Aug 11, 2006, 09:58 AM
thats cool so i need to 1. buy a slicer from the shop with good percentages. 2. grind it to the max. 3. use the iritista on it?

Bezmor
Aug 11, 2006, 10:35 AM
Ya that basically thats it exept you forgot number 4: GO HAVE FUN OWNING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT WITH IT!!!!!!

iknowimastud
Aug 11, 2006, 10:46 AM
oh right you cant forget number 4.

BeeYee
Aug 11, 2006, 11:20 AM
lol, like your sig, but , "youre not ron." Anyways you have to be level 100+ with to use a slicer on it with max grinds, 110+ for the next one, 120+ for the third one and so on.

rena-ko
Aug 11, 2006, 11:30 AM
make sure to buy one with 50 hit so you dont waste the iritista.

Hrith
Aug 11, 2006, 11:39 AM
I don't know which class you're using, but 50% hit on a Rainbow Baton... meh.
The special is barely useful, and you don't need 50% hit to consistently land hard attacks, unless you're a FOmar or FOmarl.
I'd rather have 50% to Machine and Dark, Rainbow Baton has really good ATP, it's worth it.

Saiffy
Aug 11, 2006, 03:00 PM
On 2006-08-11 09:39, Kef wrote:
The special is barely useful, and you don't need 50% hit to consistently land hard attacks, unless you're a FOmar or FOmarl.
I'd rather have 50% to Machine and Dark, Rainbow Baton has really good ATP, it's worth it.

I'd guess it's just one of those, "can't have too much hit!" but if you're using it on a RA, you don't even need hit. On a HU or a FO, sure. But whatever.

iknowimastud
Aug 11, 2006, 10:53 PM
thats cool, i want to get the best hit i can get on it...but the main reason im getting it is cause it look pretty freaking bad.

whiteninja
Aug 11, 2006, 11:53 PM
On 2006-08-11 08:35, Bezmor wrote:
Ya that basically thats it exept you forgot number 4: GO HAVE FUN OWNING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT WITH IT!!!!!!
orly?
http://img10.picsplace.to/15/Rainbow_Baton.png

Your_MajestY
Aug 12, 2006, 06:33 AM
Will the RB be better if you use a Diska +whatever? Or is it the same? Slicer/Sawcer/Cutter/something/Diska?

whiteninja
Aug 12, 2006, 07:54 AM
On 2006-08-12 04:33, Your_MajestY wrote:
Will the RB be better if you use a Diska +whatever? Or is it the same? Slicer/Sawcer/Cutter/something/Diska?
It'll be the same. The only difference is that the weaker regular weapons require a higher grind, but they also allow a lower level character to make it. The Rainbow's stats will always be the same. (The percents are carried over from the old weapon you merged with the Iritista.)

Your_MajestY
Aug 13, 2006, 05:53 AM
Oh I see. Thank you! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Does this count for all other weapons as well? Merging with photon-weapons.

arisen_devil
Aug 13, 2006, 06:11 AM
this counts for all weapons: e.g. if you use a parts of eggblaster on the handgun series, the percents of the handgun will carry over, but there will be no difference in the stats if you used a handgun or a raygun.
i advise searching or bying a weapon with 50% hit, and using the item then. (i don't do this for e.g. a summit moon though, since i don't use it for melee)
also, if you combine weapons, e.g. sange and yasha, sange&yasha will have the percents of the weapon you had equipped, so equip the one with the highest percents, and "use" the other one.

Your_MajestY
Aug 13, 2006, 04:09 PM
Oh ok. Thank you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

concussionman
Aug 13, 2006, 04:57 PM
No it doesn't matter which type of Slicer you use, the RB will still have the same stats.

ulyoth
Aug 13, 2006, 05:36 PM
On 2006-08-11 09:39, Kef wrote:

I agree, collect a few and go for the one with the best overall Percentages not just in Hit.