PDA

View Full Version : Normal Episode 2 First Boss strategies *SPOILERS* you have b

Khaotika
Oct 30, 2002, 07:18 PM
.SPOILER SPACE for those just wanting to reveal the game bit by bit... go on, you can leave. Shoo.
Still with me?

*cough*

I BEAT NORMAL BARBA RAY WITH A RAMAR AT LEVEL 10!! ^w^

*cough*

sorry for shouting. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anywho...

Of course, if you have been keeping up with all the nifty news items/piccies/info/spoilers, you know that Barba Ray is essentially De Rol Le with a new skin. You, of course, fight him on a raft, while avoiding his attacks. Bring a high % A.Beast weapon with you. Customizing Monomates, Dimates, Shifta, Deband, and antidotes/anti is recommended.

Which are:

1. Sperm fire! (yes, they DO look like this...i'm naughty). He does this attack in the water while swimming alongside the raft. There are three groups of 6 at the start. (I believe it's 6...I was too busy running around panicking..) The first two groups are homing groups like De Rol's, so they can be avoided easily. The 3rd group, though...they are a second behind the other two...and they SPLIT into many many fireballs, all of which are random AND homing... Good luck trying to avoid them all.. Luckily they didn't do too much harm. (Your mileage may vary...)

2. Spire attacks from under the raft. Yes, the humongous shrimp beastie dives under the raft and thrusts his spears (take that however you will, you filthy minded people..) into the raft. They follow you at the point you stand on, so keep moving. Did I mention they're..............poison? Yep. Bring antidotes.

3. Pig Rays! He sometimes swims alongside the raft and releases groups of 5 purple slugs called Pig Rays. You can attack them, but it's best to avoid them. They home in too, and can be avoided if you just start running parallel to them, on the opposite side of the raft. HOWEVER, sometimes he creates 10 of them. They will usually go up to across to down... like this:

5 6
4 7
3 8
2 9
1 10

So you want to be closer to #1, and just avoid them until #5, run back the other way to avoid thru #10. They don't take off any major damage, but there is a group of them.

4. Laser Cannon. He fires this twice...usually while you are preoccupied with Pig Rays. This hurts... A LOT. He has a charge up time, so be ready to run.

5. Landing on the raft. YES, he can damage you when he lands on the raft. So...get as far away as possible until he lands and the red dust he kicks up clears. Don't worry...he doesn't have the spear attacks De Rol had. He usually lands once, then drops in the water...then lands back on again, so be cautious.

Most of these attacks come out VERY QUICK, so be warned. I'd suggest you have Shifta/Deband and make sure you recast them IMMEDIATELY when they run out. (Deband is more prefferable of course.) Bring monomates and dimates (if you have 'em) to heal on some attacks, resta for others.

Keep in mind this is a solo offline strategy. Online, you'd have to get everyone in synch with each other on the lasers/slugs/spears...which will probably prove impossible thanks to the lack of keyboard. -_-;;;;;

Oh, and try to be above level 10 if you can. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;;; I used up all my mates...and by sheer luck my mag turned invincible, allowing me to deliver the final few shots with my Rifle+5 20%A.beast.

-Khaotika!

"Yet I couldn't kill De Rol Le at lvl 8. Wheee!!!!!"

Brimstone
Oct 30, 2002, 07:30 PM
When fighting the VR boss with snappu, i discovered the best hiding place in the same spot it was in the old challenge battle with De Rol Le, you want to get right up under his face when he fires the beams, i was lvl 8 and snap was lvl 8 as well.

Sedric
Oct 30, 2002, 09:35 PM
Good job! When I got my import last month, I beat Barba Ray at Lv 7 w/ Hunny, and my sister's FOmar beat it at Lv 10!

Now onto VR Spaceship! Hope you're not disappointed with its boss, cuz he can chew and spit out low level chars apart in record time.

So I'll let you in for a secret: stay underneath it. Don't go any farther out.

RavenTW
Oct 30, 2002, 10:55 PM
Yeah, doesn't he make clones of himself or somthing?

Anyway, congratulations! I'll try to post any stratagies (which will most likely have already been given) around Sunday, since I'm not getting it till Friday (maybe), and we have company Saturday (get to try multiplayer! w00t!)