PDA

View Full Version : And of course... It doesn't work.

Cube
Oct 30, 2002, 07:35 PM
Blah blah blah.

"Failed to aunthenticate. please check that the user ID and password are correct."

Well, i'm pretty sure there right. I use Earthlink 56k http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and of course it isnt working!

I used both my ID (JayJJ1985) and my Email addy. But I get the same message. The Modem is working, it's connecting, but there is something wrong with my info! >_< I didnt put any DNS info in since I dontknow my ISP's DNS info.

Is anyone else having problems connecting? Maybe with Earthlink?

Alisha
Oct 30, 2002, 07:39 PM
hmn maybee earthlink info is encrypted

BrokenHope
Oct 30, 2002, 07:46 PM
Isn't Earthlink like msn where you have to shorten the username, i recall someone saying they had to put el/ then the username not sure if the el was upper or lower case tho.

Foggy_Pete
Oct 30, 2002, 10:09 PM
On 2002-10-30 16:35, Cube wrote:
Blah blah blah.

"Failed to aunthenticate. please check that the user ID and password are correct."

Well, i'm pretty sure there right. I use Earthlink 56k http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and of course it isnt working!

I used both my ID (JayJJ1985) and my Email addy. But I get the same message. The Modem is working, it's connecting, but there is something wrong with my info! >_< I didnt put any DNS info in since I dontknow my ISP's DNS info.

Is anyone else having problems connecting? Maybe with Earthlink?

your not alone my friend, its the exact same story here..i have a level 8 offline force now cause the gamcube enjoys nothing more than skrewing me over at every turn.
but fear not! i have one hypothosis. i found that as soon as i got past the "you are now connected to PSO, welcome to phantasy star online" it said something about checking DNS server. it failed and left me with the same message you got. so i assumed that i needed a hunters licenece beacause i was clearly connected however, i think that the servers are busy because of all the people trying to get a licence at the same time...or our internet servers are just incomptatable wit pso.
please tell me its just busy and i will be able to get online tommarrow >(

Foggy_Pete
Oct 30, 2002, 10:11 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foggy_Pete on 2002-10-31 04:58 ]</font>

HC82
Oct 30, 2002, 10:22 PM
Well I know you need to have gotten a HL/account before you can go online, despite the free 1 month thing.

Methinks either the servers are being a bitch or you need your DNS number. A few people having been having trouble getting online, and quite frankly I don't even know if anyone has gotten online yet. Check internet options on your comp for your dns information. Unless you don't have a dns. I know my ISP has a dns, but i never needed to input it to get online in ver2. Could be different this time around.

jello44
Oct 30, 2002, 10:52 PM
Ok, I use earthlink 56k and I connected just fine. At the part when it asks you for the DNS numbers, did you hit auto that could be one solution. As always, check to make sure that you are typing the username/pass EXACTLY as you do when you login to the internet.

HiroTristar
Oct 30, 2002, 10:54 PM
Heh, glad to know I'm not the only one having problems. I've managed to find my IP, Subnet Mask, and the Default Gateway. Still won't work (I'm using a BBA by the way). I recall there being a way to track down your DNS number, but I forgot. That's the *only* thing I haven't tried yet.

EDIT: Er, oh, right, and the "auto" stuff doesn't work for me. It MAY just be the HL server, because I'm not getting any connection problems when it asks me if I wish to use my BBA to connect... but it says that the server could not be found.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HiroTristar on 2002-10-30 19:56 ]</font>

rbf2000
Oct 30, 2002, 11:07 PM
Auto won't work if you have a static IP, or if you use PPoE.

Moved to tech support.

Cube
Oct 31, 2002, 09:15 AM
Fixed it, all I need to do now is buy my HL.

I called Earthlink got the DNS numbers, and they said I needed to type my user name all in lower caps.

Spy
Oct 31, 2002, 03:27 PM
Cool Cube. And for whoever said that they didn't know if anyone even got online, I did http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif