PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Boss in the game

luninja
Aug 12, 2006, 08:20 AM
What is the hardest boss you have ever encountered in the game (this doesn't mean right now, I mean first encounters).

Veilside
Aug 12, 2006, 10:11 AM
ogla flow...

AlaskaMan
Aug 12, 2006, 10:24 AM
I havnt been to epi 2 yet >.>. But its prolly dark falz atm.

MetaZedlen
Aug 12, 2006, 10:27 AM
definitly olga flow

Twilite
Aug 12, 2006, 12:18 PM
This may sound ridiculous, but my first encounter with De Rol Le was quite painful. Maybe I went to the normal Cave too early (lol), but it took me quite a while to be De Rol Le. Then again, Sil Dragon was also--well--not nice.

phongi
Aug 12, 2006, 12:50 PM
OLGA FLOW!!!!

LordEvergreat
Aug 12, 2006, 01:09 PM
Dark Falz. I haven't completed episode 2 yet though.

KratosAurion
Aug 12, 2006, 01:23 PM
I didn't think Olga was all that impressive...now De Rol Le murdered me because I was like level 2...

phongi
Aug 12, 2006, 01:56 PM
?

How can u get up to de rol le at lv 2?

i did a forest run and it's possible to get to lv 5 or 4 if u do the whole thing, starting at level 1. and looking at how big caves is u would probably be around level 8-10...

Edit: fixed typos http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phongi on 2006-08-12 11:57 ]</font>

DonRoyale
Aug 12, 2006, 02:22 PM
I find that Dark Falz's second form (Ultimate only mind you) and Gal Gryphon, on any difficulty, are the hardest bosses in this game.

Then again, been a while since I fought Olga Flow...

KratosAurion
Aug 12, 2006, 02:30 PM
On 2006-08-12 11:56, phongi wrote:
?

How can u get up to de rol le at lv 2?

i did a forest run and it's possible to get to lv 5 or 4 if u do the whole thing, starting at level 1. and looking at how big caves is u would probably be around level 8-10...

Edit: fixed typos http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phongi on 2006-08-12 11:57 ]</font>

Because I didn't go through the forest. I was with a friend and he was already in caves so that's where I started out and of course I was owned so I never leveled up....

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 12, 2006, 03:15 PM
As a FO, Vol Opt v2 gave me some trouble because I was slighlty underleveled, and he's just a bitch http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Either that or the Gal Gryphon. Olga Flow's attacks are easily predictable and can be avoided without much trouble, so he's not that hard.

phongi
Aug 12, 2006, 03:24 PM
what level where u when u did opt ver2?
i was lv 78 and a fo and i OWNED him.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 12, 2006, 03:36 PM
On 2006-08-12 13:24, phongi wrote:
what level where u when u did opt ver2?
i was lv 78 and a fo and i OWNED him.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

Wow! That's so cool congratluations!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I was a lvl 70 tech FOnewm without a clue...and was almost pwnt. Ended up killing the thing, but it was quite a harrowing experience.

PSOPRINCE
Aug 12, 2006, 05:13 PM
volt op version two was so hard for my fonewearl god it took like ten minutes to do the first form, then got killed by the trap thing and the green blob

merrycherry9
Aug 12, 2006, 05:15 PM
On 2006-08-12 10:18, Twilite wrote:
This may sound ridiculous, but my first encounter with De Rol Le was quite painful. Maybe I went to the normal Cave too early (lol), but it took me quite a while to be De Rol Le. Then again, Sil Dragon was also--well--not nice.

I did the same thing with the De Rol Le! If youve read some of my other posts you might find that i really despise it now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_quickdraw.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mane
Aug 12, 2006, 06:22 PM
On 2006-08-12 10:18, Twilite wrote:
This may sound ridiculous, but my first encounter with De Rol Le was quite painful.

In episode 1, De Rol Le was the hardest IMO, although Dark Falz final form in hard mode on was quite difficult.

PMB960
Aug 13, 2006, 01:19 AM
Olga Flow by far. In multiplayer my friend and I could beat him when we we both over level 100 on Very Hard.

PSOPRINCE
Aug 13, 2006, 05:32 AM
me and my freind were both fonewearls i was lv 130 and he was 104 and we still died to god punishment, in fact we meelee the second form to eath bar the mags

Your_MajestY
Aug 13, 2006, 06:06 AM
De Rol Le on normal and Gal Gryphon... Anytime... <_<

Konstanse_Xx
Aug 13, 2006, 06:36 AM
Dark Falz without a force is just...Cheap. but Olga Flow can be quite um difficult.

phongi
Aug 13, 2006, 07:42 AM
Vol Opt ver.2 is not really hard...

Rabarta the screens cuz of new resistances
Zonde the red totem
and on the second form u could either Rafoie or Rabarta.
to dodge the bunch of laser beams that make the pillars fall, get up close to opt. When the first wave falls down, run to the outer edge of the map. u should still be able to attack him while he misses.
to dodge the orb, stand back a little to one side. when the orb comes at u let it chase u around in a circle, since u can't really run it out any other way.
that's about all u need to know...

Edit: There is a way to escape the trap, but it may require 2 players...I'm not sure...
Well for one player, cast a PB area attack like Pilla just before the orb touches u. u will hurt Vol opt and at the same time free urself. u can now run away while Vol Opt just sits there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phongi on 2006-08-13 05:46 ]</font>

PSOPRINCE
Aug 13, 2006, 09:42 AM
volt opt aint hard anymore can somtimes take a while, to dodge the orb i make a sharp turn to lad it off, and why rafoie?

OMO-CHAO
Aug 13, 2006, 10:44 AM
the dragon because it was the hardest boss of my first encounter

OneandtheSame
Aug 13, 2006, 12:13 PM
Gol Dragon for me....
It took me forever to wise up and bring some resist units...

Twilite
Aug 13, 2006, 12:58 PM
I just beat Vol Opt ver. 2 yesterday, and it took me three tries. With three Metal/Bodies I could barely survive the trap dealy with full health, but twice I forgot to Resta all the way to full--yeah. On the whole, though, I'd say he's pretty easy, and he dropped me a Monomate--sweet!

zandra117
Aug 13, 2006, 05:01 PM
Guys... Stop playing episode 1 and go experience episode 2!!! Olga Flow owns all!!! He murdered my level 100 character on hard mode.

Leviathan
Aug 13, 2006, 05:06 PM
Dal Ral Lie. I'm WAY too scared to go back! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

phongi
Aug 13, 2006, 05:44 PM
here leviatha

<<Rafoie mode activate>>

PSOPRINCE
Aug 13, 2006, 06:03 PM
yeah while you cant hit it in its head with barta oor zonde, preferably zonde but it also hits the next secgment

OneandtheSame
Aug 13, 2006, 08:04 PM
On 2006-08-13 15:01, zandra117 wrote:
...Olga Flow owns all!!! He murdered my level 100 character on hard mode.

Wow...that's amazing... I took out Vhard Olga with my RAmarl around level 80, no problem.

BeeYee
Aug 13, 2006, 08:25 PM
Definately Olga Flow on Ultimate. My friend and I used 45 scape dolls to kill him (not each of us).

ColonD
Aug 13, 2006, 08:47 PM
Gal Grphon, any difficulty. And Olga, if your not smart enough to wear something that has some nice element defence.
As for the Gol dragon, I think element defence will make him/her(s) easier definately, unless your like me and devote time to figuring out how to dodge the attacks.
Barba Ray... umm... yeah, the bishie centipede. Yeah, thats about it, I had no trouble.
Dark Falz, supposed to be hard, due to being final McBoss and is kinda, more cheap though, I think Olga is a more pleasent and challanging fight.
Volt Opt, I haven't fought the second form, it sounds bad, but I know the first form is easy. (I was dissapointed when I first fought him.)
De Rol Lee, Normal is not fun, but on the other difficults, he seems to taste like a Naula Cake. The ultimate form was allright when I fought him for the first time with my RAmarl.

Dragon... Dragon? Sad thing is, I got to level 10 in the forest the first time with a HUney, before asking what level I should be for the dragon. His answer was along the lines of 4.

Sil Dragon... Ice resistance, and go for the edge on the second go around of happy spin.

Thats my boss conclusion.

Zeig123
Aug 13, 2006, 09:39 PM
My hardest boss, I would have to say would be.........um....prolly Olga flow (damn god's punishment)

REJ-
Aug 13, 2006, 11:34 PM
The first time I played: Dragon, De Rol Le, Olga Flow

Now: Falz 2nd form on Ultimate

pso_hero
Aug 14, 2006, 12:34 AM
In order of decreasing dificulty:

Olga Flow, Dark Falz (only third form), Gol Dragon (annoying as hell), Gal Gryphon (not that hard), Barba Ray, De Rol Le, Vol Opt, Dragon (beat in 1 min 40 sec on Hard, 3 min 15 sec in VHard)

PSOPRINCE
Aug 14, 2006, 05:45 AM
my order
olga flow never faced on ult
dark falz never faced on ult
vol top v 2
gal gryphon
gol dragon
barber ray
dal ral lie
sil dragon

kurisu1974
Aug 14, 2006, 06:28 AM
First time I met Del Rol Le was defenitle the hardest. Took me 3 times and loads of scapedolls.

Tweengo
Aug 14, 2006, 08:08 AM
First time on very hard and Ultimate, the dragon that splits on Ep. 2. I so wanted to get to the CCA (fave level), but kept getting owned by the ice, shock, and the fact everything get's a little hectic when he splits into 3. Yeah, I hate that boss.

wufiei
Aug 14, 2006, 11:42 AM
Ultimate Del Rol Lie was a pain in the ass the first time I fought him/her/it. I can kill it no problem now though.

fay
Aug 14, 2006, 11:48 AM
olga flow is shockin. its so unbelivably easy ROFL. honestly though i think hes one of the easiest bosses of them all. including on ulti.
personally iv always found da ral lie/de rol le to be the hardest of them all. mainly on normal. with my characters about lv 8-10 it takes about half an hour to kill him. health on him is stupid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

i know people might think dark falz is hard also. he isnt all that bad. rafoie doesnt deck me. rabarta can never actually hit me as i just dodge it, grants takes about half my health at mjost. megid never hit me as im always moving lol. his slap is the best. that actually takes about 2 thirds of my health

Tweengo
Aug 14, 2006, 12:40 PM
I hate Dark Falz's slap. If I do lose, then it's 'cause of that, 'specially with my force. Not gonna attempt to clear Ult yet with my force. I know I can do it, just don't want to. My first times on Ult Caves and Mines boss, they were hard too, but I prefer Ult caves boss 'cause it looks so much better, the raft is snazzed up with flashy lights http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif . Plus the music too. Pity his laser/beam/whateveranyoneelsecallsit is so cheap though.

Stephanie
Aug 17, 2006, 01:25 PM
What ff?

Hetsuie
Aug 17, 2006, 01:44 PM
for me i must say darkfalls i was lvl 1 and my friend said hit him 1 ce and i will revive u in the end andu wil get lots of xp...... by the way e of u know where i can get a free adobe photo shop program or ne program that i can take screen or snap shots or what ever u call it

MadEwokHerd
Aug 17, 2006, 01:46 PM
The hardest boss was Olga Flow on ultimate, for three reasons. One: I was scared to fight him. Two: God's punishment was strong enough to kill me in one hit...I think the guides are wrong about how much damage he does. Three: I thought that in order to hurt him, you had to have only single % weapons. And I only had two of those. So I had to wait while he stole me. Then I murdered him when he gave me back.

blace
Aug 17, 2006, 01:49 PM
Olga Flow ultimate 2nd form. His heaven punishment attack can drain me of all my health before I can land any attacks on him.

PSOPRINCE
Aug 17, 2006, 02:18 PM
i am pretty sure it is a one hit kill no matter thelevel reseistances or anything else you could be 200 on normal and i am pretty sure youll die

HUnewearl_Meira
Aug 17, 2006, 02:48 PM
Saint Milion. Hands down. Olga Flow is merciful in comparison. The second form isn't so intimidating, but the first form is murder with a wet noodle.

PSOPRINCE
Aug 17, 2006, 03:01 PM
PUCA, ninjas with noodles
the only time i have seen milian it glitched and didn't moved the hunters and rangers and my freind just stood there attacking it

PJ
Aug 17, 2006, 03:47 PM
Dark Falz, and only cause of it's multirabarta

Last time I fought him, I was getting hit by 4 Rabartas, dying everytime. I can survive 3, I usually only get hit by a maximum of 3. Last time, it always killed me. Frustrating.

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 17, 2006, 03:50 PM
Ahh...you must play BB, where there's no damage penalty (the small period of invulnerability after being hit).

I'm offline GC and only take the blow once...either ending up frozen or on the ground, although I've been smarter at equpping Super/Resists and not getting beat up so much http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_redface.gif.

Saiffy
Aug 17, 2006, 03:55 PM
Rafoie is far deadlier, if it doesn't knock you down.

Once one of your characters stays up, you'll see what I mean

PSOPRINCE
Aug 17, 2006, 04:56 PM
i know what you mean on vhard its always the little damage that killes you, cos the big damge konckes you odwn so yuo get up and heal but the little damage they attack you and you ingnore it then you get low and they kill you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifissaprove:

Hetsuie
Aug 18, 2006, 12:54 AM
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6136/pso1155879706lu2.png (http://imageshack.us)

Strat
Aug 20, 2006, 04:27 PM
whats with the dragon?

Lord_Kratos
Aug 20, 2006, 04:37 PM
my first encounter would have to be...well the bosses never gave me to much trouble truthfully but if any the stupid vol opt. by myself cus i hadnt ever fought him and i was barely over like 15. T-T but i am sad cus i fought olga flow at lvl. about 130 with my HUmar and my friends lvl. 35 and my other friends lvl 86 on hard and got owned!!!!!!!! they had never fought him before ad i forgot that magic hurt him cus i used like 3 rafoie's and i didnt see any damage.

PSOPRINCE
Aug 20, 2006, 05:26 PM
volt op used to be hard with my fo, now its simple, with all my chars http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JohnBerserker
Aug 20, 2006, 06:04 PM
this is kind of sad. the people i get owned by arent even bosses. i can't even hurt the bartles with my weapon(and 3 of my 4 slots are power upgrades) and with grants i can only do about 100 damage. so i cant kill very many of them. im not looking foward to the boss of the forest. and in case anyones wonder im lv 83 give or take.

phongi
Aug 20, 2006, 06:31 PM
welcome to PSOW, JohnBerserker!
too scared to take on forest? sounds like ur a hunter, correct?
get a slicer, run around the dragon in a circle (it moves FAST so u have to get out of its turning radius)
and start slashin at him.

EDIT:
and to dodge the 3rd burrow, which is a spiral,
stand back a little, and when the dragon goes by, run as fast as u can to the wall and u shouldn't get hit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phongi on 2006-08-20 16:32 ]</font>

Virgo04
Aug 20, 2006, 07:17 PM
The hardest boss I've ever faced was the De Rol Le on Ultimate. Probably because I'm a level 84 Ranger. Olga Flow VHard is definitely hard to beat. I think the easiest on VHard mode was Dark Falz, surprisingly.

Lord_Kratos
Aug 20, 2006, 07:57 PM
actually hes a force most likely cus he said his grants only does about 100 damage. also welcome John and Virgo. if i were you John use some sort of HP raiser liked Dragon/HP's or depending on what your section ID is look for a God/HP cus my skyly can find god items in VH
or if ya want use a gun and use the old door trick. or get like some metal/body's or some general/body's for DEF

phongi
Aug 20, 2006, 08:29 PM
oh yea...virgo...ur sig is too big....5 line limit i think

JohnBerserker
Aug 21, 2006, 03:41 PM
thanks for the ideas about items to use. but actually your both wrong. im a ranger lol. but i think part of my problem is that im using rare weapons from version 1 on the version 2 disc. i heard somewhere that they are very innefficient against the version 2 monsters. i havent been able to find any god items in either version tho i havent tried VH much since i switched my file over.

WiLDFiRe
Aug 22, 2006, 12:36 AM
If you're talking about when you fist started playing for me it would have to be Del Rol Le. He was a brick wall for me ofline with my first character (lv17 HUnewearl). Finally got online and beat him with a full group of four.

Nothing compares to ver2 ULT Dark Falz. Hell nothing compares to ver2 ULT, closest thing you'll find is the last Phantasmal quests.

For JohnBerserker....

ver2 Ultimate mode is insanely hard. Most weapons from PSOver1 are useless in ULT. Best advice is to keep looking in the shops for a gun with 40%+ Native and Hit. Always keep Shifta on yourself and Jellen/Zalure on the baddies. Grantz is a big TP waste, try to go with Foie, Zonde and Barta. The going is slow but hopefully a Red Handgun or Saber will drop for you. Might take a few runs, just be patient.

luninja
Aug 22, 2006, 09:35 AM
JohnBeserker, you will have a chance against the Sil Dragon if you bring more Ice Resistances than power. Also the dragon's fast on this level so don't bother trying to hit it while it starts running. Wait til he uses his breath attack. If he flies up into the air, he will do Gol dragon's barta barrage or dive underground. His third run underground he will dive towards the center circular starting with the outer edgeso timing is also important. Be warned, though. You get hit in this battle, you WILL be frozen. Hope this helps.

luninja
Aug 22, 2006, 09:39 AM
On 2006-08-20 14:27, Strat wrote:
whats with the dragon?

He's probably explaining his hardest boss in first encounters. I don't blame him really. I had trouble with that thing also. Especially on Ultimate, but by then, he's a Sil Dragon.

Zalana
Aug 22, 2006, 11:41 AM
Girtablulu or Kondrieu...

luninja
Aug 23, 2006, 02:49 PM
On 2006-08-22 09:41, Zalana wrote:

What are those. Are they from episode 4? I only have the GC version.

Lord_Kratos
Aug 23, 2006, 03:16 PM
hey Johni thought yopu aid grants though a force only spell.
this saint milion is ep. 4 right? or is that the technical name for dark falz 3rd form cus hes like a spirit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_Kratos on 2006-08-23 13:22 ]</font>

JohnBerserker
Aug 23, 2006, 04:01 PM
grants may be a force only spell in some of the other versions but in dreamcast version 1 and 2 the only people that cant use all of the tech's are the androids. at least as far as i know. i thought i heard somewhere that RAmar couldnt use some of the support techs but ive unlocked all of them for my character.

Lord_Kratos
Aug 23, 2006, 05:59 PM
i see yur a dreamcaster! cool! i was gonna pick one up and get ver.2 or ver.1 but i dont have much money to spend

JohnBerserker
Aug 23, 2006, 06:05 PM
itd be hard to find one in good condition. mine is a couple years old and im noticing HUGE differences in loading times lately.

Lord_Kratos
Aug 23, 2006, 06:11 PM
heh yah i mite pick one up or ask for christmas. im about to try out BB but im unsure cus its only 14 days free so not much time to get good stuff cus im not so sure about doin it cus of PSU.

JohnBerserker
Aug 24, 2006, 03:25 PM
yeah i cant wait 'til PSU comes out. i dont know much about it but i love the series itself. does anyone know if its gonna have the same thing as the xbox version of PSO, where you need an xbox live account just to sign in?

Random_Tree
Aug 24, 2006, 05:12 PM
Da Ra Lie.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

Sitka
Aug 24, 2006, 06:59 PM
The hardest boss on first encounter for me was Dark Falz. I was an underleveled Hucast on DC ver 1 and was totally and consistently pwnd. It took several tries and the frustration of having to go back and hunt 10 star atomisers, extra scapes and Dragon HP units and improve my weapons before I finally, and gloriously, defeated the biatch....it was insane. My friend, a fomar, remarked, "oh, he wasn't that hard." Ya, you had resta, duh.

Of all the bosses in the game, however, the one that still gives me nightmares after all these years is the Gol Dragon in Cmode. All other bosses are easily defeatable once you learn their patterns, but that boss is so unpredicatable with his freeze and shock attacks that it is quite easy to make a mistake or two and fail 2c2. We've managed some good times on that stage including a very nice 32-minute run, but there's more of a chance of failure against that boss than any other boss in cmode.

Zalana
Aug 24, 2006, 11:28 PM
On 2006-08-23 12:49, luninja wrote:

On 2006-08-22 09:41, Zalana wrote:

What are those. Are they from episode 4? I only have the GC version.

Their from Episode 4. Kondrieu had a cheap move or something to where it took him like fucking forever to die!

Deathwatch
Aug 25, 2006, 02:44 PM
I'd say Olga Flow because I wasn't at the right level. I got there too quick because my friend helped me train in multiplayer but not enough for that far in Ep2. Probably Gal Gryphon next, then Sil Dragon. Have gone against Ult Vol Opt but that was in multiplayer. What a bitch.

My easiest would be Hard Dark Falz...I think. Got geared up and ready and just owned him without difficulty. (Doesn't compare to the oh-so-nice kill I put on VHard Falz though)

Goldstream
Aug 25, 2006, 03:05 PM
As a noobish level 17 HUcast, my opinion of hard may differ, but to be entirely honest I thought that the cave boss can be a nuisance.

JohnBerserker
Aug 25, 2006, 05:01 PM
De Rol Le is my least favorite boss. he's not that hard to kill on any of the difficulties ive unlocked(seeing as on VH im at least 10-20 lvs higher than when i beat him) i just dont like him. im still sticking with the ultimate forest monsters as the hardest boss for me tho they are getting easier.

Goldstream
Aug 25, 2006, 05:18 PM
Yeah, it's not that I can't beat him, it's that he is incredibly annoying. Most of his attacks are a nuisance to either avoid or withstand.

ethereal
Aug 26, 2006, 09:55 PM
olga flow, that was hard.. then again, i havent played PSO sense a year ago...

Deathwatch
Aug 27, 2006, 03:29 AM
I don't actually MIND battling Olga Flow, it's just getting to him is really anal. And I'm only talking about having to trawl down the seabed areas. God it's annoying.

sukobi
Nov 10, 2006, 02:06 AM
gol dragon was pretty hard in hard difficulty and i was lvl 75 lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

sukobi
Nov 10, 2006, 02:07 AM
also de rol le in normal caves i think when i was a lower lvl it owned me so many times i dont even know how i beat it anymore

sushiman
Nov 10, 2006, 08:32 AM
I didn't think that olga flow was that hard. The hardest boss what I found to be (this may sound dumb) was the gongol dragon. That dragon completely ripped me to shreads and I continuously died.

BlueKnight
Nov 10, 2006, 12:32 PM
Ult Olga Flow is not that hard. If you kill his mags first. He will be week then he will be easy kill. But Ult Dark Flow that is hard with the Ice atack and those little thing that fly around you wile freezing you. That sucks. That is like instant death. I don't know any one that can survive that with out a cure freeze.