PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO I GET THIS DUMASS CABLE MODEM 2 WORK?!

GrAvItY_VX
Oct 30, 2002, 09:54 PM
i cant connect 2 the internet cuzz it keeps saying it cant find an ip!!

kobun_chan
Oct 31, 2002, 03:52 AM
who is your isp?
and do u know if they use dhcp, static ip, or pppoe?
also are you using a router or just plugging the cable straight from the cable modem to the gamecube?
ive heard some isps limit the online service to the actual mac address ( which is your network card) if thats the case then u need to get a router and clone the mac address to the router.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Oct 31, 2002, 04:14 AM
Try disconnecting power to cable modem for 5 minutes when you switch the cord from PC to GC, or for GC to PC. Don't forget it needs to be done with every time you switch.

GrAvItY_VX
Oct 31, 2002, 04:14 AM
i have road runner and i plug the cord from the modem into the game i dont even no wut dns is..

PEGASUS
Oct 31, 2002, 06:43 AM
up until yesterday, I had no problems logging onto PSO using the bba, I had it set up on DCHP (everything on auto), but now I keep getting an annoying message saying, unable to assign IP address from DCHP server, I've tried everything and can't fix the problem.

GrAvItY_VX
Oct 31, 2002, 07:14 AM
thats wut mines is doing it says it cant find ip adress (extremely anoyying)

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Oct 31, 2002, 07:42 AM
Did you try the power thing? I got the same message and fixed it by powering off cable modem... lahhh

Vandal
Oct 31, 2002, 08:25 AM
I did, and that didn't change a dang thing x.X

PEGASUS
Nov 1, 2002, 06:12 AM
Yeah, I've tried the power thing. I tried leaving the cable modem off over-night and then trying pso in the morning, but it still doesn't work. I've tried re-setting up the DCHP putting in the correct DNS settings etc, but it doesn't help. I even tried putting in the IP address manually, what happens then it'll log on but as soon as you see the lobby screen it disconnects before the hunter licence/welcome message. I was using bba with no problems what-so-ever until a few days ago, I didn't change anything, it just stopped working by itself.

Foggy_Pete
Nov 1, 2002, 07:57 AM
On 2002-11-01 03:12, PEGASUS wrote:
Yeah, I've tried the power thing. I tried leaving the cable modem off over-night and then trying pso in the morning, but it still doesn't work. I've tried re-setting up the DCHP putting in the correct DNS settings etc, but it doesn't help. I even tried putting in the IP address manually, what happens then it'll log on but as soon as you see the lobby screen it disconnects before the hunter licence/welcome message. I was using bba with no problems what-so-ever until a few days ago, I didn't change anything, it just stopped working by itself.

ditto, ive tried everything, i even put in the exact DNS numbers and i still cant get anywhere. the modem connects find there are no problems (it does take a long time on the "sending username and password" screen though)then it says something about finding a DNS server and after about half a min of that it givs me a screen where i can see the lobby but it says its unable to connect and wants me to correct my provider settings. is it possible that my internet provider is incompatable with PSO episodes 1 & 2? it worked flawlessly with the dreamcast PSOs
PLEASE send me some info!

UniKoRn
Nov 14, 2002, 04:57 AM
"(No.015) connection attempt failed. failed to retrieve IP address from DHCP"

This is the error I'm getting, I assume its the same one as you guys

I got the BBA working fine the day I got it, plugged it in and it worked straight away, I didn't even have to set up anything thru PSO's options.. now I go to use it today for the 2nd time and it won't work..

I have win98 and internet connection sharing on, the Gamecube is connected to my network card via a crossoever cable.. I have optus cable internet and I'm in Australia... hehe ^_^;

ohwell, I guess I'll just have to keep using the modem for now.. how annoying ;_;

DB
Nov 14, 2002, 08:21 AM
Info... I called RoadRunner up. They only support computers now. It sucks. So I am stuck with a modem. Instead of BBA... Kinda a bunch of bullshit... I seriously called em' up, and asked the guy. "So, would RoadRunner support gaming consoles. Like GameCube, or PS2?" He responded, "No, it is only for your computer. We (DO NOT) support BBA gaming adapters, or consoles."

I hope that helps... Sorry if I ruined your day, or night, or whatever, but, it's the info I got from them. Or at least the representative. =/

Rylios
Nov 16, 2002, 12:52 PM
hey guys try to assign the ip rather than to auto.. or try to change the port and if that don't work sega is releasing a new version of GC pso which has these problems fixed.. in dec.. wanna read it go to the-magicbox.com

DB
Nov 16, 2002, 02:06 PM
A new version!? What bug are being fixed? And are ther egoin to be any standard additions to gameplay?

Tavia
Dec 1, 2002, 04:55 PM
Did anyone who posted in this thread ever fix their problem? I'm having the same problem, and the exact error message is as follows:

"(No.015) Connection attempt failed.
Failed to retrieve IP address from DHCP."

Sigh.

I don't know what to do. I guess I'm going to go set up my network so each computer and the GC have IPs dedicated to them. What a pain in the ass. Blah blah blah complain blah. (This isn't sarcastic; I really wish I didn't have to do this.)

Okay, bye now.