PDA

View Full Version : What's a good level to fight Mr. Sil?

The-King
Aug 14, 2006, 06:09 PM
I'm a level 68 Humar
Equip
Dragon Slayer+ 34
General Armour
ogre/power++
ogre/power
ogre/power
god/hp
Delsabers Shield
Rati Level 200 can't remember the stats, power is 105 I know that

Splash
Aug 14, 2006, 06:14 PM
It is possible to fight him like this but to improve your chances, you should be at least LV80. You will also need a Cure/Freeze as almost every of Sil Dragon's move freezes you automatically. Replace one of the Orge/Power with another God/HP. And use another shield momentarily, Delsaber's shield has 0 EIC, meaning max damage from the ice attacks.

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 14, 2006, 06:21 PM
You don't need to be level 80. Use a mechgun to nail his ankles and then go for the head with a single-target weapon like the Yamato (unless you have better of course).

Bring along 1 scape doll in case you get frozen and killed, but that's really all the safety you need. He's not a terribly hard boss, you just have to know how to avoid getting stepped on.

The-King
Aug 14, 2006, 06:54 PM
WellI don't have a Yamato, I've fought the Dragon, about 10 times, so I should just kill him a couple of times and I can get it, but I can take the dragon down in about 2 minutes counting his digging time, and he only hits me once, when he falls aftet I hit him then go attack his head, and I don't like guns that much

whocares111
Aug 14, 2006, 09:48 PM
You're going to need guns to hit Sil Dragon. Trying to attack him with swords while he's moving is going to get you frozen and dead. Nail him from afar with the handgun/mechgun, Zalure him, and then attack his head, since that's his most vulnerable spot.

Bezmor
Aug 14, 2006, 11:18 PM
If you have a good lvl of foie it helps a lot too. Just dont attack his feet with melee or youll get frozen.

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 15, 2006, 01:48 AM
Typically, the only techniques a HUmar should be using are J/Z and Resta. The other techniques prove fairly uneffective, unless this is a Mind HUmar...which I hope it isn't.

Do they even exist?

Teknik
Aug 15, 2006, 04:40 AM
Yeah, or if you have enough money hunt some good special type Mechguns with Hit%, Some of the good ones include:
-Charge (If you have the Meseta)
-Beserk (Watch out for your HP)
-Spirit.

PSOPRINCE
Aug 15, 2006, 05:16 AM
you should be fine just dont use the dragon slayer , just stay back till it stops then atack its feet the ni will probably drop on you heal then go attack its head, if you have a delsabers buster or a twin saber/yamato/musashi

arisen_devil
Aug 15, 2006, 05:47 AM
i always use this technique, and it has never failed; all you need is a slicer and a mechgun: get to his side and use a mechgun to start shooting his feet (leave some distance between you and the dragon so you don't get frozen and trampled) .
then, when he's down, go to his head, and face his body, and start attacking with the slicer: you'll be hitting 5 parts of his body, including the head. he'll be down in no time.
i'd suggest dropping at least 1 of the /power units for a /body unit though. i've beaten him at lvl 43 like this before with my hucaseal and at lvl 55 with my hunewearl.
good luck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

PSOPRINCE
Aug 15, 2006, 05:51 AM
yeah that does work shame he aint a force forces nape the dragon into next week

Tweengo
Aug 15, 2006, 09:25 AM
I pummel Sil Dragon with Foei until it falls down, then nail his head either with a Yamato or Musashi, or Asuka. I'm planning on using my level 60 Hunewearl to beat him with Dragon's Claw (cheers PSO PRINCE), just for a laugh.

Neith
Aug 15, 2006, 09:39 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

At your level, the Sil is very, very doable. Just avoid touching it because of the freeze effect.

Once it's down, you have a choice: Either:
a) Use a Slicer with Spirit/Charge/Berserk until it tries getting back up, when you heal.
b) Use a weapon like Dagger/Twin Saber/Twin Sword against the head.

When it tries going airborne, I find Gizonde MUCH more effective than any Fire tech. Gizonde actually hits every part (almost) of the Dragon, actually doing considerable damage. Of course, if your Gizonde isn't very good and/or you burn TP out too fast, use Foie.

When it's underground, remember that its attack pattern is 1) Across the arena 2) Across the arena 3) An ever-decreasing circle into the centre of the arena. You can try and avoid it by standing a little away from the arena edge, and running to the edge once it passes you.

Dont get in front of it, and you should be ok, just be careful- you are below the 'recommended' level for Ult (though loads of people, myself included have beaten Ult at lower levels).

Good luck.

Greg169
Aug 15, 2006, 11:57 AM
Hey you're the guy who was making fun of noobs but you're a noob too. Please don't tell me that he's your lowest Lv: char. Yeah get high ice resistance and don't get stepped on and he's a peice of cake. Scape dolls wouldn't hurt either.

The-King
Aug 15, 2006, 06:33 PM
I'll disregaurd that last message, but other wise, thanks alot, everyone

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The-King on 2006-08-15 16:33 ]</font>

REJ-
Aug 15, 2006, 08:41 PM
If you have enough scapedolls, then you can beat him at level 58.

The-King
Aug 15, 2006, 08:56 PM
Yeah well, that's a little far back there, 11 levels*got a level up*

The-King
Aug 15, 2006, 08:56 PM
Oop..double posted

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The-King on 2006-08-15 18:57 ]</font>

luninja
Aug 17, 2006, 01:00 PM
Use your best handgun for when he's running around, then use your best twin swords or doulble saber for when he's down. Of course, the god hand, the asuka, and the demolition comet are my weapons of choice.