PDA

View Full Version : "Friends"

DavidNel
Aug 15, 2006, 06:01 PM
No, I have no problem getting them, nor do I have a problem dealing with them. Ithe problem I have is that I don't WANT friends. Every time I've tried, it has turned sour. I just don't have time to spend on these people. I'm not antisocial, and I'm a VERY athletic (4 or 5 best runner in school), am very smart (23 in my class of 636), and am pretty good-looking, in my opinion. I just don't see the need for friends. School projects and group training have PROVEN to me that other people just slow me down. I like being with others, don't get me wrong, I just have a hard time telling them things about myself. I'm just tired of people asking me why I don't have a girlfriend or don't go to many parties. I'M TOO BUSY!! I like my level of activity though, and I don't want to change it.

One girl that I told this to is threatining to reveal this info to everyone I know if I don't make-out with her. (I hate making out, siliva swaping is not my thing.) This only reinforces my idea of other people.

I also can't seem to get of the faults of others. If there is even one glaring deficancy, I hate this person.

I know that I'm probably being egotistical and pompous, but this is how I've lived for years! I really don't even trust my family. They could die, and as long as I get the money, I'm happy. I know this sounds horrible, but I really can help myself. They are usually gone anyway, either at work or at the gym, so I know I can fend for myself.

I really just needed to tell some people I don't know, and will never probably see, because you can't use this info aganst me! So thank you for helping, person I can trust because of ambiguaty!

Allos
Aug 15, 2006, 06:14 PM
On 2006-08-15 16:01, DavidNel wrote:

One girl that I told this to is threatining to reveal this info to everyone I know if I don't make-out with her. (I hate making out, siliva swaping is not my thing.) This only reinforces my idea of other people.

My advice to is to tell her that you don't care. I wouldn't. Making threats on someone in order to get what you want out of them isn't exactly the friendliest thing to do. But really, if you act like you really don't care what she does, she:

A. Won't do it
B. People won't care

She's probably lying anyway.

DavidNel
Aug 15, 2006, 06:18 PM
Haha, you're trying to tell a teenager in High School to not care about one's image... I wish I could, but the sad fact is that a do care. I don't want people to thing I'm emo and what not. (I don't have emos, but I don't want to be one) Ugh, I hate the rules of todays sociaty...

ABDUR101
Aug 15, 2006, 06:41 PM
You're just being another idiot by falling into the trap, she's beating you if you follow through.

Go you.

DavidNel
Aug 15, 2006, 06:43 PM
Well... she really isn't that much of a problem.... that was an imphasis my my hate of others... I have more influence than her. W007 goooooooo higherarchey of sports!

CupOfCoffee
Aug 15, 2006, 07:13 PM
I think you're just too young to see clearly yet. One day it'll probably hit you that life isn't really about seeing how good you can do and how far you can get.

geewj
Aug 15, 2006, 07:14 PM
So long as you enjoy the company of others and they enjoy your company then what's the problem?

Just keep doing what your doing. Thing will either be fine or they wont, and you'll sort it out when the time comes.

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 15, 2006, 08:17 PM
K, I get you on some levels.

But honestly dude, what were you thinking:

I'm not antisocial, and I'm a VERY athletic (4 or 5 best runner in school), am very smart (23 in my class of 636), and am pretty good-looking, in my opinion. I just don't see the need for friends.
Way too much going to your head. That basically translates into: "I'm too good for friends." Hell, I could testify to everything you've just said. I love my life. I have a great community here, at home, in sports, and at school. I was fortunate enough to be born into a family with a higher income and good heart. But I don't lord it over everyone else, I appreciate it. And I don't despise my friends because of their flaws, I learn to accept them.

And that little bit about your family...wow. While I appreciate the fact you're being so honest and open with us, I find your lack of gratitude appaling. Do you even have any idea what the average parent has to go through to raise a child? Do you think they'd mind if you died?. I mean, they wouldn't have to support you anymore, right? WRONG. Personal gain isn't what a family's about.

Guess what. In about 50 years, you're not going to be the best athlete, you're not going to be good looking, and you're not going to be in the top of your class. So stop giving a damn about it now, because that's not all that matters. If find yourself having to endure friends rather than enjoy them, I'm sorry. Your loss.

navci
Aug 15, 2006, 10:58 PM
On 2006-08-15 17:13, CupOfCoffee wrote:
I think you're just too young to see clearly yet. One day it'll probably hit you that life isn't really about seeing how good you can do and how far you can get.

On 2006-08-15 18:17, TheyCallMeJoe wrote:
Guess what. In about [s]50[s]10 years, you're not going to be the best athlete, you're not going to be good looking, and you're not going to be in the top of your class. So stop giving a damn about it now, because that's not all that matters. If find yourself having to endure friends rather than enjoy them, I'm sorry. Your loss.

Now. It does seem like you have met some idiots. Do bear in mind that just because you have met some stupid people doesn't mean everyone is an idiot. If you automatically assume so then well, your loss I guess. You will never find someone who won't "slow you down" cuz you have no room in your head for other people, only yourself. Hey you know what, you and K-Morfos might become buddy.

Good luck.

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 15, 2006, 11:25 PM
Good correction Navi.

Daikarin
Aug 16, 2006, 09:26 AM
Human beings don't have a mouth, ears and eyes to live by themselves. Better start researching the meaning of friendship, bonds and all that jazz.

Emrald
Aug 16, 2006, 07:16 PM
FRIENDS ARE FOR LOSERS SOONER YOU REALIZE THAT THE BETTE (Yeah I'm emo so what?!

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 17, 2006, 12:01 AM
On 2006-08-16 17:16, coolcat33333 wrote:
FRIENDS ARE FOR LOSERS SOONER YOU REALIZE THAT THE BETTE (I should probably put something sensible here, but for theh sake of all that is emo I think I will include a meaningless comment that makes me appear an even larger fool than my previous sentence didYeah I'm emo so what?!)

Boo-hoo, go cut yourself somewhere else. Don't give lame excuses on why you have no friends. Maybe if you gave a little insight, didn't use screamo that in caps lock, and didn't announce you were emo, I might be able to take you more seriously.

zwandude15
Aug 17, 2006, 11:47 PM
Okay, listen "David".

Friends, whether they try to help you or not, slow you down. They always will, unless they're just like you of course, and strive for success and all that other unnecessary jargan.

Look, I thought about this. I once wanted to be... alone, free of all the SHIT in the world, but you'll soon see that life makes less sense that way. Everyone needs someone.

Someone.

I'm having the worst time of my freakin life right now. Or so I'd like to think. I'm too naive to accept the fact that worse times will be at hand.

Dude, you sound just like my girlfriend, who's got all this smart, successful mumbo-jumbo going on. Listen, that's great and all, but word of advice, don't go advertising your smarts to your friends. Take it from someone who hates to hear "AP this, Honors that."

I really hope I'm not coming off as hostile to you, because I'm only here to talk, advise, whatever.

Live life. Be patient.

Tweengo
Aug 18, 2006, 07:28 AM
I hate having friends. Can't trust them. I prefer to be a loner. And what does emo mean?

Lord_Kratos
Aug 18, 2006, 07:43 AM
emo is like emotional and there suicidal, whiny, bitchy, pissy and moany ppl who hate having friend or out reaching towards otheres or so thats the stereeotype. my frend knows someone emo not like this so its only stereotype. in the future when yur not good looking and yoour in a nursing home and all alone you'll probably see that family and friends matter. you'll be sitting or lying there with no friends and be alone for the rest of your time on earth because you dont want to strive to make friends or keep any. I have an idea for you. Your and athlete and like chalenges and your smart. I challenge you to make a frined. Get to know that person. Keep that friend for as long as humanly possible. Think you can do it? Cause I challenge you!!!!!!! My friends arent perfect either. Some are stupider than I and less athletic. One friend is smarter but not so athletic. The other way around with another friend. Ppl arent perfect. God created us (sry im not wanting to offend anyone by this statement) to live and love. If you have no love thats not materialistic then you have failed the point of life. Living how you are isnt living its merely going about life as an empty shell and you will probably soon come to realize what life is about. Get closer to family and friends. Hopefully you do instead of live for pointless purposes like athletics and school. Those wont help in life if you cant make friends and keep them because you'll be alone and how you are could be classified as emo cus my friend has a frind from band camp who is emo and acts alot like you.

PIT
Aug 18, 2006, 03:55 PM
the worst thing about emos is that they just don't do anything, they wait for good things to happen and keep whining about the bad things.

Bad things happen by themselves, but for good things, you have to work to make them happen.

Atayin
Aug 18, 2006, 04:33 PM
On 2006-08-15 16:01, DavidNel wrote:
I'M TOO BUSY!! I like my level of activity though, and I don't want to change it.

...If there is even one glaring deficancy, I hate this person.

I know that I'm probably being egotistical and pompous, but this is how I've lived for years! I really don't even trust my family. They could die, and as long as I get the money, I'm happy. I know this sounds horrible, but I really can help myself. They are usually gone anyway, either at work or at the gym, so I know I can fend for myself.

I really just needed to tell some people I don't know, and will never probably see, because you can't use this info aganst me! So thank you for helping, person I can trust because of ambiguaty!

Well, I'm assuming that you came here mostly just to vent. I'm sure that with your current outlook, you'll be inclined to simply disregard whatever we have to say- valid or not. Oh well. I'm adding my 2 cents anyways, for what it's worth.

Pompous and egotistical? Yes, you're absolutely right about that. You are somewhat pompous and egotistical in what you've said, but in many ways I can actually see where you're coming from.

The way I see it, DavidNel, you probably need people now more then ever. Why do I say that? Because it's becoming easier and easier to isolate yourself from them. When you become a loner and it's completely in your nature, it's really difficult to go back. The truth is that throughout your life you will have no choice as to whether or not you get to be around people.. and getting along with them will MAKE or BREAK your future/career/life/etc..

Sure, I can understand what it's like to become emotionally removed and somewhat numb in regards to people in your life.. especially when dealing with their constant faults. Bad as it sounds, I've had to force myself to grieve for friends and family I've lost out of a sense of sheer obligation with no really genuine or personal sense of loss. Is that terrible? Probably. But the truth is that if you don't humble yourself now, people will begin to piss you off more and more, until you're a callous, bitter, unhappy person with nothing left but your health and good looks. Alas, those things are rarely enough to make you happy on their own, and unfortunately can be instantly taken away.

You can get by with being non-chalaunt for a while, but trust me, it'll sting pretty bad later on no matter how callous you are.

That's my take.

..I think I'll go and watch a comedy now or something.

Solstis
Aug 18, 2006, 04:44 PM
I've actually had a sizable number of good things happen to me while I wasn't working hard on anything whatsoever. A proportionate number of bad things too.

Things tend to balance out. Of course, hard work will achieve more good results (and painfully bad ones), but the risk is generally worth it.

I went through a "I don't need friends" stage before. Yeah, you really don't need friends, and if you stick to that status-quo, you'll manage. It is better having people to rely on, and having people relying on you, even though it can be really annoying sometimes. I try to assert my independence sometimes, and that kinda causes conflict in a relationship. I need to learn to ask for help, and expect to be asked for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2006-08-18 14:44 ]</font>

Mystil
Aug 20, 2006, 03:47 PM
Emo is the correct term for a type of punk music. However it is used to describe those who complain exaggeratingly, or make a huge deal out of a small problem and keep doing it to get attention. No good advice in the world will make them be happier. It is a past fact that got abused..people use to care about people with problems, therefore those with mental issues started using this to gain attention and fill the void. It backfires. In short emos are people who cut themselves, brag about it and talk about killing themselves. I do not like what such people have done for people like me. Even the SLIGHTEST rant you make, people are prone to label you an emo.

Anyhoo, I do not have many friends left, infact I have only one and I'm happy to have her around. I stopped making lots of friends when I noticed that all I was doing was playing cat an mouse. Or what my uncle refers to it as - 'chasing behind people'. Basically meaning if you don't call/talk to them, you wont hear from them. You have to keep calling/emailing/talking to them to maintain the friendship but they will not do the same for you. It's a one sided bond. I got real tired of that.

phongi
Aug 20, 2006, 04:34 PM
use ur friends if u don't like them. u might think i sound mean, but i'm not.
one time in 6th grade there's this kid who wanted to be my friend, but this is how he made them.

1. Make fun of them
2. If you don't say anything, go to 1.
3. If you make a better comeback to the point that he has nothing else
to say,
4. Asks for friendship.

I'm like "what the hell?"

so at lunch i said "Give me ur lunch, i give u friendship" and he fell for it too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

KaFKa
Aug 20, 2006, 05:21 PM
You think you dont need friends, because they 'slow you down' ?

Maybe in your school efforts, I can easily see that. But in life in general?

I honestly think your only seeing things in the very short term. Because the benefiet of friends is apparent to me. Ever hear the old saying, 'its not who you are, but who you know.' ? if you dont have friends after your little popularity contest in school, you'll quickly see why people roll around in groups. I personally wouldn't be where I am now, indeed alive right now, if it wasnt for good friends being there when things got to be too much for myself to handle.

I hope you outgrow your 'independant' phase before too long, because you might find yourself wanting to go back in time to fix your mistakes.

And on a final note... what kind of boy are you? turning down a free makeout that might lead to more down the road? for shame!

[edit] If you want to prove your capable of going through anything by yourself, go to your local Marine Corps recruiter, he'll hook you up with a nice sized challenge for ya.

[/sarcasm]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2006-08-20 15:25 ]</font>

zwandude15
Aug 20, 2006, 10:20 PM
I particularly like the point that Kafka poses.

People always associate friendship with school. Probably because you won't be seeing most of your friends after school ends.

Social vs. Educational.

I'd take the first one any day, but the point in my original post was to support the idea the OP wanted.

Cheers to Kaf.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zwandude15 on 2006-08-20 20:21 ]</font>

Mystil
Aug 21, 2006, 09:38 AM
Yes, after school it's harder to make/stay in contact with friends.

Charmander02
Aug 22, 2006, 10:43 AM
Well if you dont want friends, then be a loner. But when times get rough then it's good to have a few around.