PDA

View Full Version : USA/EU Servers Connections

FANTASHEVA
Aug 16, 2006, 12:36 PM
Hello to the community...

Does anyone knows if there's some official news about full compatibility and connections between Europeans and American users?

I mean, after the interview with Takao Miyoshi we all know that Japanese players will stay on their own separate servers but I hope they're not going to split even EU and USA...

For those who are goin' to play PSU on the PC/PS2 Option, it should be quite silly to be united with the platforms and divided one more time with PAL and NTSC versions by their own.

Any ideas?

Good Life,

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FANTASHEVA on 2006-08-16 10:50 ]</font>

Ryna
Aug 16, 2006, 12:54 PM
As far as I know, no official statement has ever been made about US/EU compatibility.

Emrald
Aug 16, 2006, 01:56 PM
Though Your point is valid I think it's good to stay like this for this game...One...PS2/PC will have enough players as it is...add them to Europe and they might not be able to handel all the players....Two not everyone speaks french or polish or stuff....So there shouldn't be TO much confusion...Though I think my first point is better

Xenofobia
Aug 16, 2006, 02:01 PM
If they spliting the american and european server i will play on the american even that i live in sweden

Emrald
Aug 16, 2006, 02:04 PM
Heh just don't speak swedish or people will be like "WTF did you say??!?!?!?!?!?!" and you'll be like, "*sigh*" but why does everyone wana play on the american servers? I'd say there's more divercity on the Europian servers cause ya'll speak more lanuanages

Ryna
Aug 16, 2006, 02:07 PM
Since most of my old PSO friends live in Europe, it would be greatly preferred if the servers were linked.

Emrald
Aug 16, 2006, 02:08 PM
Most of mine are in europoe to but....I mean....If their linked there will be A LOT of work that I bet Sonic Team won't feel like doing that would be involved.

Tycho
Aug 16, 2006, 02:09 PM
I think most Europeans would play on the American servers if they did get split, so I would expect for them to just keep them merged.
Though, since the release dates are not simultaneous, keeping these servers merged would kind of void their argument of keeping Japanese and American servers separate because of the content difference.

EGO-BOT
Aug 16, 2006, 02:11 PM
On 2006-08-16 12:01, Xenofobia wrote:
If they spliting the american and european server i will play on the american even that i live in sweden

Same here, I generally play games at night which is when most EU are asleep but USA players start to get online.

Ryna
Aug 16, 2006, 02:12 PM
On 2006-08-16 12:08, coolcat33333 wrote:
Most of mine are in europoe to but....I mean....If their linked there will be A LOT of work that I bet Sonic Team won't feel like doing that would be involved.

While it would complicate things a little bit, I don't think Sonic Team would run into any issues that haven't been encountered before. US and EU Blue Burst players play on the same server. Life is simplified there because they only support one language (English).

Emrald
Aug 16, 2006, 02:12 PM
"Well America doesn't have that many differnt time zones...Eruope does?....That would make sense then...

Xenofobia
Aug 16, 2006, 02:36 PM
On 2006-08-16 12:04, coolcat33333 wrote:
Heh just don't speak swedish or people will be like "WTF did you say??!?!?!?!?!?!" and you'll be like, "*sigh*" but why does everyone wana play on the american servers? I'd say there's more divercity on the Europian servers cause ya'll speak more lanuanages

well i dont talk swedish online if i dont know that the one im talking to would understand.
reason more for playing on american server would be that i dont like to much when people stop talking in english in "partys".

Emrald
Aug 16, 2006, 02:48 PM
Oh...Yeah I remmber PSO BB...sometimes i'd get in a party and they spoke spanish...so I'm like "Hobla inglis" and getting ignored XP

tank1
Aug 16, 2006, 02:54 PM
Techincally i think america has more timezones than Europe.

Emrald
Aug 16, 2006, 02:56 PM
....Really?....Well I'm not much into geographigy I go like

France...that's the state right next to texis right?

Lol

tank1
Aug 16, 2006, 03:00 PM
Lol when i went on holiday in America i remember our place matts had a map of th U.S with all the states and time zones and there seemde to be a few atleast 5 (please correct me if im wrong) but in europe to the best of my knowledge there is like 3.
Spain and the U.K in one then france to about Eastern EU are another then like Turkey is in its own with the middle east.

Emrald
Aug 16, 2006, 03:04 PM
Well I'm stupid so like...Yeah....but you might be right...There's...wait...Six....Eastern Central Pacific Moutian Alaska Hawaii that makes six

tank1
Aug 16, 2006, 03:07 PM
Well im not a rocket scientist either so dont worry im probably wrong thoug the one thing i do know is that the land mass of EU is smaller than the U.S.

Emrald
Aug 16, 2006, 03:13 PM
Oh yeah..I forgot about that...

FANTASHEVA
Aug 16, 2006, 04:55 PM
On 2006-08-16 11:56, coolcat33333 wrote:
Though Your point is valid I think it's good to stay like this for this game...One...PS2/PC will have enough players as it is...add them to Europe and they might not be able to handel all the players....Two not everyone speaks french or polish or stuff....So there shouldn't be TO much confusion...Though I think my first point is better

I quote this just to say somethin' more about the "servers matter"...

It seems that too many people are forgettin' what was the first PSO, 6 years ago, with a 33k modem on a Dreamcast and players capable to go wherever they want to go and play with whoever...

I don't think [if SEGA will decide to split every single release] that the problem is due to technical stuff...6 years are an "ERA" in videogaming history and there are so many games that handle situations much more "crowded"...

Also, the "english language" is a fake problem, the only ones who don't speak it at all are the japanese...and as I read in the latest posts, there are so many americans here who joined good friendship with european players [and I'm sure they didn't do that using only shortcuts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif ]...

I really hope that SEGA will say somethin' clear about this point, PSU deserves the beautiful Freedom that the first PSO had, the freedom that made the game so unique...Bein' cutted out from japanese people is already a big loss...imho.

Hope they won't follow this strategy even for "us"...

Sev
Aug 16, 2006, 05:53 PM
When all else fails... Flood Sega's email boxes with requests. Or not. I guess we'll find out soon though, the games not that far away anymore.

Emrald
Aug 16, 2006, 06:31 PM
That might not work

Pandarino
Aug 17, 2006, 10:21 AM
On 2006-08-16 12:09, Tycho wrote:
I think most Europeans would play on the American servers if they did get split, so I would expect for them to just keep them merged.

I think the same as well

Inu_Shadi
Aug 17, 2006, 01:39 PM
Wouldnt they be linked just like PSOBB? SEGA Europe and SEGA America are almost one if you didnt notice, they announce everything at the same time in press releases, unless its something that only qualifys for their region. and the PSOBB America/Europe servers ARE linked, I know because I played with my friend in Brazil on them.