PDA

View Full Version : online risk?

PSOPRINCE
Aug 16, 2006, 05:00 PM
i really want to get online and it seems easy once you get the right internet connection. but if by some miricle i do manage to aquire everything needed then

1. what is the risk of curruption? like during lobby saves cos if its low then i might go ahead and is there anywway to avoid it of correct it if it happens

2. how much better is it than offline? i know there are more quests and stuff, but does that make much of a differnce as the community is sooooo bad is it worth it.

3. is hunting easier for all items? as if it is then it is perfect for hunting certain weopons and exspecially cca drops

4 people? are there any freindly people on there except the people on this site, can you easily find a SAFE server to go on oh and what is a server when its at home?

5. what are the safe servers, if you can talk about them? cos i wnat to konw the places where the fssoders hang out so i can avoid playing on them

any help on these questions will be appreciated , i have been dwelling on getting online for a long time but have aalways been scared of getting currupted AGAIN plus the increase on trade opertunities i will get will be massive, soo
thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Leviathan
Aug 16, 2006, 05:53 PM
1. dunno?

2.A LOT! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

3.Good if you dare to get a SJ sword. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

4.Probably. NEVER EVER go to VEGA just complety avoid it at all costs.

5.The fsoders hang out at Vega. You can't talk about private servers here.

ulyoth
Aug 16, 2006, 06:02 PM
I got to Lv 200 with my HUcast and never corrupted once, the GC servers are not as busy as they used to be so alot of the FSODers have left, but so have alot of the legit players. If you can its worth it just to solo online and meet with users from here to trade.

Tesko
Aug 16, 2006, 07:44 PM
I was thinking of renewing my HL as well . Would hate to lose all of my chars. and items but i really want to play online again at least til psu comes out.
So, you think it's "safe" to go back online if you play on a relativley empty block and in locked rooms? Would like to run with other pple but the risk of leaving a room open is not worth it.

None of my old pso friends still play so i would be running solo.

PSOPRINCE
Aug 17, 2006, 05:19 AM
what so if you renew your lecence you lose your chars

ulyoth
Aug 17, 2006, 05:35 AM
No not at all, he just means risk losing characters to fsod and the like.

merrycherry9
Aug 17, 2006, 12:18 PM
1. I dont know if its high risk or not but I havent been corrupted yet even though ive only been playing for about four months :wacko

2. Like Leviatha said its a lot better. Theres much more quests and i think they are funner than offlines. Even if there are some people who fsod out there i think its totally worth it...just make sure that you deposit anything that is unequipped that you dont want to lose and you should be fine.

3. I think it depends. I think its easier because its funner to play with other people therefore you play more (if you can) Also you have people with different ID cards to play with so they could give you different weaons.

4. I know of some people who are strictly legit. There are still people who fsod though.

5. Right now vega is the main one. Some people venture off into japanese servers to avoid fsod so you can usually find some people there.

PSOPRINCE
Aug 17, 2006, 12:50 PM
ok japanese servers i'm taking in all of this info , oh another qusetion can you use chars on two dofferent memory card on te same HL

merrycherry9
Aug 17, 2006, 01:14 PM
On 2006-08-17 10:50, PSOPRINCE wrote:
ok japanese servers i'm taking in all of this info , oh another qusetion can you use chars on two dofferent memory card on te same HL

Yes you can use different memory cards with the same HL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Asuke
Aug 17, 2006, 03:46 PM
1. Risk of Corruption-depends on what kind of memory card you have. I got fsoded 2 times with my 3 party memory card and then it was toast. But I found an actual nintendo memory card and since then no corruption. I mean, fsods really dont affect the memory card. it only deletes the items that i had on my char, not equipped.

2. How much better than offline - You have access to so many more quests, weapon upgrades and exp! TTF, east & west towers, THE MOVIE!! haha. its not very often i play anything but quests online with my friends!

3. Hunting easier - depends. Cuz if you are going hunting and the person joining you has a hacked mag then absolutely no red boxes will drop if he is first player. (the one who created the room) But hunting isnt really much of a thing online. You trade for stuff.... and its great!

4. People - Some are rambling idiots, and some will accedently fsod you cuz they are actually trying to get someone else. I am on almost every night and I know the people that can fsod online and they are really nice. Just dont say stupid shit to them.

5. Safe Servers - The only server i go to unless im going to drop off items that i dont have equipped is vega. Vega has a bad reputation but most the people you will meet are going to be on the vega server. Dont be afraid to go to that server, PLENTY of overly nice people on vega.

If you do get online you want to be friends with everyone. I am friends online with the people that fsod (they are extremely nice which is strange). If you see the name ":+ Jen +:" thats me, and i can get you in with everyone. Or if you just go to Vega 1-1 ask for me cuz i could be helping a n00b.

PSOPRINCE
Aug 17, 2006, 04:11 PM
cool asuke i look forward to it, hopefully i will get braodband and an adapter

Draicon
Aug 17, 2006, 04:18 PM
i got my adaptor yesterday http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif but my acess stuff is invalid so ill be online soon maby we can all meet up

PSOPRINCE
Aug 17, 2006, 04:33 PM
if i can ever find an adappter i live in england and the olny place i can find the adapter is ebay which is alright but i dont know whether an american one would work on my PALL gmaecube, and i wanna get plus to minimise risk of corruption but i cant find that either any help apreciated

Draicon
Aug 18, 2006, 04:55 PM
try amazon thats where i got mine

PSOPRINCE
Aug 18, 2006, 06:08 PM
ok i will try there

ulyoth
Aug 18, 2006, 07:40 PM
On 2006-08-17 14:33, PSOPRINCE wrote:
if i can ever find an adappter i live in england and the olny place i can find the adapter is ebay which is alright but i dont know whether an american one would work on my PALL gmaecube, and i wanna get plus to minimise risk of corruption but i cant find that either any help apreciated

I have a japanese one and it works fine, so you will be ok.