PDA

View Full Version : Arg, people=retarded.

Dangerous55
Oct 31, 2002, 12:23 PM
Well, I make a game to go through caves and slaughter that beast Del Rol. Well, 2 FOmars and a HUcaseal join. We go down, and the FOmars are using sabers, no techs, and the HUcaseal is using a Handgun. What the hell?! People are retarded, then, we managed to get to him, and we died. My question is, why do people use weapons they shouldnt?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Oct 31, 2002, 12:30 PM
They're too used to cheat items ;3

Dangerous55
Oct 31, 2002, 12:33 PM
On 2002-10-31 09:30, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
They're too used to cheat items ;3

The sad thing is your prolly right...

HarleyQuinn
Oct 31, 2002, 12:33 PM
It is strange the two Forces weren't using techniques...it kinda defeats the object of being a Force.

Perhaps the HUcaseal player had resorted to using a handgun against De Rol because ranged weapons are sometimes easier to use when fighting him, or perhaps it simply did far more damage than any hand to hand weapon they currently owned.

Wewt
Oct 31, 2002, 12:34 PM
Melee forces and gun toting hunters. Too many of them. Especially melee forces. They were all probably HUmars that had needles on the Dreamcast versions. Wait, not probably, they ARE former HUmar players that could only use needles.

BlackRose
Oct 31, 2002, 01:20 PM
Or they thought the only difference between character classes was the looks XD

Etrigan
Oct 31, 2002, 01:28 PM
Or, they were low on cash and couldn't afford fluids. I had to resort to using sabers a lot before I made it to mines. And still, when I run out of TP and want to keep fighting, I bust out a melee weapon. Being a FO's tough on the wallet.

KodiaX987
Oct 31, 2002, 01:39 PM
They were influenced by Magenta the tanking FOmarl! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm in the same boat. Back on the old PSO, I was intending my FOnewearl to only use a victor axe! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif As for my HUmar, he was universally known as "The Varista Guy!" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I still laugh at my encounter with that totally unknown guy, who recognizes me and goes "Hey, you're the Varista guy!!"

Scan_Man
Oct 31, 2002, 01:49 PM
On 2002-10-31 10:28, Etrigan wrote:
Being a FO's tough on the wallet.

So true. I have yet to reach over 70k meseta stored in the bank. Fluid is expensive. I've been playing this version for over 400 hours now, and still find my self not able to buy difluid or trifluid because of lack of funds sometimes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scan_Man on 2002-10-31 10:51 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Oct 31, 2002, 04:16 PM
This was through all Caves, so they prolly would have found a fluid or two.

Sedric
Oct 31, 2002, 05:42 PM
Hmm... sounds like you were stuck with playing w/ 2 idiots. I can't really comment about the HUcaseal, because of same reason that HarleyQuinn said.

When will people ever learn that Forces just CAN'T TANK!

You doubt it? Go ahead and try. Well, you can in normal mode, but step up to normal Seabed or Hard Mode and there after. Hohoho. You can't do jack without a tech.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sedric on 2002-10-31 14:45 ]</font>

Sedric
Oct 31, 2002, 05:43 PM
[EDIT] Doh.... Double post. Sorry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sedric on 2002-10-31 14:44 ]</font>

Shrevn
Oct 31, 2002, 06:10 PM
Ived played with forces who think they are RAnges just using guns and no tecks... its so stupid and whos stuck healing the team? me since i have the strongest Resta

Rhete
Oct 31, 2002, 06:30 PM
On 2002-10-31 09:23, Dangerous55 wrote:
Well, I make a game to go through caves and slaughter that beast Del Rol. Well, 2 FOmars and a HUcaseal join. We go down, and the FOmars are using sabers, no techs, and the HUcaseal is using a Handgun. What the hell?! People are retarded, then, we managed to get to him, and we died. My question is, why do people use weapons they shouldnt?

YOu're too quick to judge people. At really low levels people dont have the proper equipment. Fluids are really expenive, and the only spells that work good on de rol are gizonde, rafoie, and razonde, those are major TP drains. As for the hucaseal, do you know she had a partisan or sword? If she didnt, then a handgun was a good choice

Kupi
Oct 31, 2002, 07:12 PM
Rhete: You can add Gifoie to the De Rol fighting list. It's okay when De Rol's flopped up on the raft, at least. And since FOmar's get a damage boost to that... >:)

Main topic: Well, I plan to plan a FOmar based mainly on techs, so perhaps I'll be able to not tick you off. Hopefully... X_x

Dangerous55
Oct 31, 2002, 08:47 PM
On 2002-10-31 15:30, Rhete wrote:

YOu're too quick to judge people. At really low levels people dont have the proper equipment. Fluids are really expenive, and the only spells that work good on de rol are gizonde, rafoie, and razonde, those are major TP drains. As for the hucaseal, do you know she had a partisan or sword? If she didnt, then a handgun was a good choice

They were like levle 12, it wasnt JUST De Rol, it was the ENTIRE caves. Any techs would be better then a handgun.

Gazebo
Nov 1, 2002, 01:16 AM
I like going melee with my forces, but that's when I'm alone. If I'm online fighting I try my best to help everyone out and i never fight without techs. I would get killed trying to......

Sedric
Nov 1, 2002, 01:27 AM
On 2002-10-31 22:16, Gazebo wrote:
I like going melee with my forces, but that's when I'm alone. If I'm online fighting I try my best to help everyone out and i never fight without techs. I would get killed trying to......

Melee when alone? That's even HARDER to do now at mid-to-high levels, due to lack of back-up, support, protection, or whatever.

Ok, I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't melee, but be advised: it is highly ineffective with Forces now. Exception is normal mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sedric on 2002-10-31 22:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sedric on 2002-10-31 22:32 ]</font>

Castoth
Nov 1, 2002, 03:03 AM
Just wait until Challenge mode is finished being uploaded. An S-rank Scythe + FOmar + Level 30 Shifta/Zalure = Solo weapon ownage. Would work best for saving money instead of drinking fluids like crazy.

Kent
Nov 1, 2002, 06:23 AM
On 2002-11-01 00:03, Castoth wrote:
An S-rank Scythe + FOmar + Level 30 Shifta/Zalure = Solo weapon ownage.

I'd imaging that might work, especially since it uses the nice, fast partisan animation.

What was the special attack on S-Ranks again, steal HP/TP? That would be most useful for a force.

RavenTW
Nov 1, 2002, 07:21 AM
The special S-Rank attack was every single one imaginable. heal monster, cast shifta/deband/jellen/zalure, one-hit kill, half HP, etc.

That's kinda stupid. They might have been newbies that didn't know which weapons were best though. But no techniques? I mean, all forces (unless that's been changed) start out with foie, and they didn't even use THAT? That's definatly stupid.

I hope to make my HUcaseal exclusive with melee weapons unless it really needs guns (they said guns were the best in the Caves), so I hope I don't dissapoint you if we meet up.

Rumina
Nov 1, 2002, 02:32 PM
and sometimes if a force is trying to tank, what if theyre out of tp. im sorry, but all you freakin rangers and hunters(whether you can cast or not) hog all of the fluids! every time. when i play with RA and HU, they do cast spells, but not even near as often as me. they take every fluid then when i ask, they dont spare any. its hard to be a force at this lvl.

HC82
Nov 1, 2002, 11:04 PM
Hmm.. I don't know. Maybe those Fos thought that FOmar = buff FO. SO they might of guessed melee was better.

But not using techs at all? My only guess is that they are either new too PSO or they are really bad at PSO.

As for the HUcaseal using the gun, thats perfectly fine. It could be her best weapon and she has high ata too boot.

If it really POed you then you should of told them too use their techs. I've played with many people who weren't playing right, and I tell them how to fix it. One FOnewman wasn't using shifta/deband. I told him to cast shifta/deband. He was a dip sh!t too begin with, but atleast he casted s/d when I asked. If you gotta problem it generally doesn't solve it's self unless action is taken.

Vyl
Nov 2, 2002, 01:50 AM
you all bitch and moan too much, so what if the fomar was using sabers, so what if a fonewm or any force is using a gun.......did you ever stop to think that maybe they were saving their tp for when they really need it? Fluids arn't cheap and neither is that hungry mag. Force may not be made for long or close range but you do what your wallet can handle, and my fonewm can hold up in melee combat just fine, thank you very much..........i mean come on....really...you think im gonna use a cane, a rod, or a fucking wand to fight for the rest of my characters life span, get a life and stop telling everyone how to control THEIR characters. I hope a cheat device does come out and you all get PKed.......seeya sissy boys and gals, this board is officially dead to me, so go ahead and post back against me if you want,not that i'll ever see or care about it, but maybe it will help your egoes to post one of your fancy lil come backs..............later piss pants.

Axispoint
Nov 2, 2002, 05:02 AM
I have always tended to play my HUcast with guns. I was taught to play this way off-line and this carried over on-line. Always worked for me and no one ever complained. But then again, I think those times I was playing with higher-level characters and they prolly didn't care, hahahahahah.

CorneliusPower
Nov 2, 2002, 06:23 AM
I resent Snappuru's remark about the fact FOmarls using sabres cause theyre used to hacking, what a moronic remark. FOmarls are definetly not for up-close hand-to-hand combat but...the fact they use sabre??? So F**King what?! Well obviously these peeps are n00bs, help them out, sheesh. Snappuru, you revealed your lameness.

KingCanin
Nov 2, 2002, 08:40 AM
Ah, but FOmars are oh so good at tanking. I've plowed my way through Forest, VR Temple, and Caves with naught but a saber and the occasional Foie.

magenta
Dec 13, 2002, 10:01 PM
perhaps with all this negative remarks about forces choosing to use weapons, maybe i shouldnt come back..

i have always like to melee..but i never forget teamwork (when in team), and the sheer usefulness of techs to teammates.

tanking is not just charging in there with blades swinging..

BrokenHope
Dec 13, 2002, 10:45 PM
On 2002-12-13 19:01, magenta wrote:
perhaps with all this negative remarks about forces choosing to use weapons, maybe i shouldnt come back..

i have always like to melee..but i never forget teamwork (when in team), and the sheer usefulness of techs to teammates.

tanking is not just charging in there with blades swinging..

Your style of play is fine, most people only complain when forces are meleeing and not doing there support role first.

Alisha
Dec 14, 2002, 12:16 AM
its funny that most people that bitch fly from room to room and expect me to shifta them when when they keep running off ahead of course its rarely an issue with fomarl tho since their support tech range is godly

sonicblue
Dec 14, 2002, 01:18 AM
On 2002-10-31 17:47, Dangerous55 wrote:
They were like levle 12, Give them a break, at level 12 they couldn't possibly have very good techniques. They were also probably poor and could only afford Monofluids at best. Shame on them if they had been level 40 or over, but level 12? They're still baby Forces, give them some time.

MalambisBZ
Dec 14, 2002, 01:50 AM
They probably were new to the game or very poor. I really don't see what the problem was if you beat the boss anyway.

I've never had fluid problems because I always twink my forces with lvl.200 mags and tons of cash and high level spells. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

BonusKun
Dec 14, 2002, 02:22 AM
Some of you are just too nice for your own good.

I've done what I call hard lessons.

In some extreme cases I let them get their asses beat on using their sabers, mechs, ect ect and when they get pwn3d and cry about why their attacks are hardly doing any damage as a force.

I tell em staight up.

If you say you play RPGs all the time and have to ask me this question then you figure it out.

I've left people for dead quite a few times for overall ignorance.

Yeah I have my stupid moments too but I do it mainly for laughs and then kick it hardcore back into my role of asskicking.

Seriously tho,
It's their money so let them learn the hardway. If they leave PSO forever, good riddance...