PDA

View Full Version : "BBA loggin out by itself"

Shrevn
Oct 31, 2002, 05:41 PM
Its happened 5 times now... im playing online with no problem at all and ouf of nowhere... everything stops and i get disconnected.. but the worst part is that the save screen doesnt pop up so i lose all the items/weapons i didnt have equipped.

Anybody know if theres somenthign i can do to fix this... because last night i was on for along time and never disconnected but today its been terrible...

Vejita
Oct 31, 2002, 05:48 PM
Hmm.....I played all night last night without a problem but I havent played any today so I dont know if its just today or what. I'm goin down to play so i'll let you know if anything happens to me.

RuiN
Oct 31, 2002, 07:05 PM
The same exact shit is happening to me and its really pissing me off. I dunno if its my game or my BBA or even my ISP. Any body have any ideas? I'm using Earthlink DSL BTW.

PEGASUS
Nov 1, 2002, 06:06 AM
When did you start having problems? I was using bba and it worked fine up until a few days ago then it just doesn't connect anymore. I haven't changed any settings and there's nothing wrong with my isp, I get a dumb error message saying it can't get an IP address from DCHP. When I assign an IP address manually it'll log on but disconnect me before the welcome screen, are sega doing something, or is it just me?

RuiN
Nov 7, 2002, 11:14 PM
Alright I just got myself a LINKSYS BEFSR41 Cable/DSL router and have connected it to both my PC and GC. After going through the slightly confusing process of installing and configuring everything I started playing to test it out.
Well... I was only playing for about 35 mins but so far so good. Still though, sometimes I can play up to an hour with no problems and sometimes 10 mins so later I'll try for a longer run and hope nothing happens. I'll keep you all informed.

RuiN
Nov 7, 2002, 11:15 PM
And the verdict is... success!
I've been playing for quite a while, almost 2 hours and no disconnections or BSODs.
So you guys may wanna try getting a router and I heard that the LINKSYS ones were one of the best on the market now. If any one needs any help setting up or any info, PM me.

Guntz348
Nov 14, 2002, 12:35 AM
the same things happening to me from what i hear if the BBA has a problem with PPPoe ADSL lines, if u use a router to connect instead of just the line its supposed to fix it, i havent gone out and gotten a router yet cus id rather try and get one for free first http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif but when i do ill post what happens with it

Riel
Nov 19, 2002, 10:14 AM
I have the same problems...i'm just wondering who to call on this..i know it's not my ISP,what i want to know is if it's Nintendo(BBA) or Sega,because of PSO.Since there's no other games online for the Cube it's hard to tell if it's a bug in the game or with the servers or with the actual BBA.I have PPPoE of course.....i think i read somewhere that they fixed this or they will next week with the new copy of PSO for Japan.Obviously that bug is in the supposed fixed copy of the US PSO,so i want to let the right people know that they need to fix this here as well.