PDA

View Full Version : Another duping question.

Tweengo
Aug 18, 2006, 08:08 AM
Right, I know duping isn't meant to affect drops, but does it affect the data of the item you duped? What I mean is, I found a Red Sword legitimately. Then I duped it for someone. Then one day, after I found a Demo Comet, I found a Red Sword. So naturally, I quit to save, but the card said 'Original card not inserted'. Could this possibly be due to the fact that I duped the Red Sword, and as a consequence the data is therefore affected? This didn't happen until after I duped and found the weapon again.

P.S I'm no noob.

Lord_Kratos
Aug 18, 2006, 08:44 AM
i would think yes. maybe im no expert on duping. i dont know how to dupe weapons so....i couldnt help you but i think that is probably what happened.

VioletSkye
Aug 18, 2006, 10:35 AM
No, duping doesn't do anything to corrupt your data. It can FSOD you if you do it wrong, but obviously that's a different case.

Tweengo
Aug 18, 2006, 11:12 AM
I can't go online anyway, so FSOD prob don't apply to me, and how the heck can you do it wrong? If it's against the rules to say here, just PM me.

VioletSkye
Aug 18, 2006, 03:22 PM
On 2006-08-18 09:12, Tweengo wrote:
I can't go online anyway, so FSOD prob don't apply to me, and how the heck can you do it wrong? If it's against the rules to say here, just PM me.

FSOD applies to anyone who screws up the dupe process (whether it be online or offline.) There is a particular step of the process that if done wrong, will FSOD you every single time. It's a known issue and has been since the method was discovered (old news really.) Anyway, if you haven't FSODed by now, then I wouldn't worry about it since you are obviously not screwing up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

PSOPRINCE
Aug 18, 2006, 06:49 PM
well it is hard t screw up youd would have to be very tired or very high

darthplagis
Sep 16, 2006, 05:57 PM
the FSOD has NEVER happened to me and im sure i did it for 20 minutes half asleep! (ah back in the day). do you use a non nintendo card Tweengo? it could be that your data got a bit messed up, its happened with me a few times on char with dupe and pure legit.

Tweengo
Sep 19, 2006, 09:33 AM
My card is official. I don't know why it happened. I made some coffee, came back up stairs to save, that message popped up, and I spilt my coffee in shock. The icon on the mem card screen had yyyyyyyyy or something like that underneath it, and the picture was messed up. Luckily, I loaded the game back up and everything was fine http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Animosity
Sep 24, 2006, 10:17 PM
i dont want to cause contraversy but in games like this duping is easy all you have to do is drop your weapon have someon pick it up then turn off your console. since the data is saved on your system youll keep your item and the person who picked it up will have it.

ive never tried it but it makes sense

xxTrystanxx
Sep 25, 2006, 04:02 PM
Wrong. If you're online and you shut off the console/freeze/whatever you lose everything not equipped. In fact this was probably done to deter people from doing exactly as you just described.

The_fanatic
Sep 26, 2006, 07:41 PM
plus it disrupt the server to just turn off the console and it really ticks sonic team off