PDA

View Full Version : The Descent

Eihwaz
Aug 18, 2006, 10:27 PM
This was one of the scariest films I've seen in a long time. It was very brutal, as well. Several sequences were simply excruciating to watch. And even though all the characters were women, they were not stereotyped. For the most part, each had their own distinct character. I also don't think I've seen such a claustrophobic film, ever.

Has anyone else seen it?

I was annoyed that they changed the ending. The US ending with Juno's spirit was kinda lame and I would've much prefered the more "horrific" ending. Oh well, I'm sure they'll put it on the DVD.

Anyway, if you want a good, scary film, The Descent is worth checking out.

VioletSkye
Aug 18, 2006, 10:30 PM
I've been looking forward to this movie for awhile now. Maybe I'll go tomorrow with my fiancee, she loves horror movies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Allos
Aug 18, 2006, 10:55 PM
Very good horror film. Nice to see good British horror emerging again. Done by the same director of Dog Soldiers.

VioletSkye
Aug 19, 2006, 12:22 AM
I found the DVD rip of the UK version which I'm downloading now. I'll wait until I see the US version before watching it though. I mainly just want to see the different endings.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-08-18 22:34 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Aug 19, 2006, 02:27 AM
Eh, it was decent. I didnt think it was scary or gross at all though, but I think I am a tad desensitized. Fun to watch since I got in free, although I could have did without the "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMNNNN" every time a thing died. Or the shrieks of girls when the most obvious thing was going to happen. Sometimes...ahhhh.

Better then most horror movies though.

s p o i l e r

Kinda thought the blonde killing the chick at the end was just a bit of an overreaction.

Eihwaz
Aug 19, 2006, 07:18 PM
On 2006-08-18 22:22, VioletSkye wrote:
I found the DVD rip of the UK version which I'm downloading now. I'll wait until I see the US version before watching it though. I mainly just want to see the different endings.

They have the original ending on YouTube. That's where I saw it.

Dingo
Aug 19, 2006, 07:23 PM
I keep hearing a lot about this movie. Roger ebert seemed to like it a lot, or the person which is filling in for him anyway. These kind of movies normally do not pique my interest, but this really does. So it's out on DVD you say?

VioletSkye
Aug 19, 2006, 07:58 PM
On 2006-08-19 17:23, Dingo wrote:
I keep hearing a lot about this movie. Roger ebert seemed to like it a lot, or the person which is filling in for him anyway. These kind of movies normally do not pique my interest, but this really does. So it's out on DVD you say?

It was released last year in England and just made it's way to the US recently. The UK DVD has been out for awhile.

SubstanceD
Aug 20, 2006, 03:04 AM
I enjoyed this film alot. Since I live in Ireland, I saw this movie last year. I was especially impressed by the acting of the the women ( if I remember correctly they were all plucked from obscurity with little or no acting experience ).