PDA

View Full Version : System of a down

Nitro Vordex
Aug 20, 2006, 04:52 PM
Doesn't anybody like them? Most of the people I've met don't like, or don't even know who System of a Down is. Some of the people who do are like,"0Mg Teh HIPPIES LOLZ". IMO System of a Down beats this deathmetal stuff anyday. Not to mention Rap.
On another note, I totally 100% despise Rap. Why?
There actually used to be good rap, also known as odl-school rap. Rap nowadays are nothing but B*tchezz
Sl*ts H**s Bling bling poppin caps in yo gansta arse bullsh*t.

Well, that part should be in Rants, but back on topic, how many of you actually like System of a Down?

DizzyDi
Aug 20, 2006, 05:01 PM
I'm not a huge fan of rock, but I can actually dig a few of thier songs.
Hell if I know the names to them though.

ulyoth
Aug 20, 2006, 06:37 PM
I have one where they sing about The legend of zelda (no joke)...link you came to town, come to save! the princess zelda!

CupOfCoffee
Aug 20, 2006, 06:46 PM
That Zelda song is actually by a different band, but is almost always incorrectly accredited to SoaD.

Anyhow, I've never really heard many of their songs, but I'm not a big fan.

Dingo
Aug 20, 2006, 06:51 PM
These guys have a very original sound and are very inventive and just plain awesome melody-wise. I am not a real rock fan, but I can really appreciate this band.

And I totally agree with the rap-thing, I really don't understand most music nowadays.

ulyoth
Aug 20, 2006, 07:01 PM
On 2006-08-20 16:46, CupOfCoffee wrote:
That Zelda song is actually by a different band, but is almost always incorrectly accredited to SoaD.

Anyhow, I've never really heard many of their songs, but I'm not a big fan.

Really? Well ill know from now on thanks. I wonder why that is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ulyoth on 2006-08-20 17:01 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Aug 20, 2006, 07:10 PM
The Legend of Zelda song that is almost always incorrectly accredited to System of a Down is by a band called Rabbit Joint. I am a nerd, so I know this.

On topic: I don't listen to System of a Down.

Polly
Aug 20, 2006, 07:17 PM
System of a Down got off to a great start, but almost everything after the self-titled album has been too...I dunno. First album captured their energy so much better, and they're definitely put on a great live show, but their albums are too polished and tame ever since the first record. I did enjoy Hypnotize and Mezmerize though.

Allos
Aug 20, 2006, 08:09 PM
On 2006-08-20 14:52, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
D IMO System of a Down beats this deathmetal stuff anyday.

What "deathmetal" stuff are you referring to...cause I doubt it's real death metal.

Solstis
Aug 20, 2006, 09:08 PM
I used to love System of a Down.

But, eventually, I started to listening to bands such as Slayer, Megadeth, Pantera, and etc.

I'm actually on a post-rock/indie rock phase, and don't really listen to metal at all anymore (and, believe me, SoaD's lyrics are absolutely atrocious: especially the newer stuff such as "Lonely Day" or whatever).

Shattered_weasel
Aug 20, 2006, 09:23 PM
I also used to listen and love SOAD. Until things started to become blatently in your face awful. Such as Daron's singing. The horrid lyrics in anything past "Steal this Album". Also me being a bass player and finding Shavo to be boring doesn't help.

FIDELCASTRO
Aug 20, 2006, 10:13 PM
they do have a very unique sound. can't say that i appreciate it too much though. i do like the chorus of B.Y.O.B. though.

As for your opinion towards rap, i have to disagree. that's how i used to think of rap like that, but you have to understand, rap is like rock. it's so varied that it can't really be summarized by the word 'rap'. some rappers make their own beats and produce their own music, and in general, are very talented musicians who make good music. but yeah, the gangster rap is rediculous.

Feelmirath
Aug 21, 2006, 04:57 AM
You're looking at one of the biggest SOAD fans around >_>
They were arguably at their best when the first album came out (and damn good it was, too). That's probably why a lot of people can't get into their music (although I've had no problems getting all of my friends addicted http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif )

PIT
Aug 21, 2006, 05:13 AM
IMO SOAD made much better music before mezmerize/hypnotize

SubstanceD
Aug 21, 2006, 12:33 PM
I'm a System Of a Down fan, well sort of anyway.

I like the albums Toxicity and Mezmerize but I wasn't all that impressed by Hypnotize. I don't own any of thier other albums.

PandaMasterX4
Aug 21, 2006, 01:14 PM
I've been a system fan since I saw them play at the key club before they got popular.

DizzyDi
Aug 21, 2006, 03:42 PM

There actually used to be good rap, also known as odl-school rap. Rap nowadays are nothing but B*tchezz

Off-topic, I know, sorry but I didn't catch this comment on my first glance at this topic. And as most people know I'ma huge fan of hip-hop and I seriously gotta defend it.
Nitro, I feel where you're coming from but you're only half right. Old-School Hip-Hop is good stuff, and a lot of mainstream rap is all about cars, drugs, sex, and money. BUT! Thats not ALL that Rap/Hip-Hop has to offer nowadays. There still are rap artists that stay true to the genre's roots. I can name a whole assload right off the top of my head, as a matter of fact, I will.

Talib Kweli
Mos Def
Lupe Fiasco
Little Brother
MF DOOM
The Roots

And so many many more. Please, DO NOT think that all the rap that gets played on the radio is all the rap that is actually out there, also PLEASE DO NOT think that thats all rappers are about.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 21, 2006, 07:04 PM
On 2006-08-21 13:42, DizzyDi wrote:

DO NOT think that all the rap that gets played on the radio is all the rap that is actually out there, also PLEASE DO NOT think that thats all rappers are about.

I understand that, there are some good rap out there,i just don't listen to it mainly because its hard to find and i do like some rap, just not all of it. As i remember there are some good rap songs out there, i remeber hearing a rap about skateboarding, ya know just hanging out with friends and skating. It was stuck in my head for a week. I hope rap goes back to the way it was.

sprky585
Aug 21, 2006, 09:18 PM
i like SoaD, so yeah, boom

ElfKitty
Aug 23, 2006, 11:28 AM
System of a Down is freaking awesome. =)

Sgt_Shligger
Aug 23, 2006, 02:02 PM
SoaD is a great band but it's obvious they have lost their edge. It doesn't seem as 'metal' as it once was http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Allos
Aug 23, 2006, 02:47 PM
On 2006-08-23 12:02, SgtShligger wrote:
It doesn't seem as 'metal' as it once was http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Never was "real" metal.

clynn
Aug 24, 2006, 10:42 AM
I listende tom soad but I now listen to marilyn manson

Shattered_weasel
Aug 24, 2006, 10:44 AM
On 2006-08-23 12:47, Allos wrote:

On 2006-08-23 12:02, SgtShligger wrote:
It doesn't seem as 'metal' as it once was http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Never was "real" metal.

Exactly. SOAD was never metal. They were always NU-METAL.

Neith
Aug 24, 2006, 01:26 PM
I don't mind SOAD, I have Hypnotize and Mesmerize, and listened to them a lot for about a week. Now I play them very rarely, and have went back to the metal I was listening to before I bought the albums.

'Nu-Metal' could be classed as a variation of metal I guess, but softened up for a wider audience?

Personally, I'm more into thrash, black and speed metal, not really nu-metal. I dont mind some newer stuff, but my own opinion is that metal's glory days were the 80s, maybe the early 90's.

Respect the Maiden http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
¦
v

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-08-24 11:28 ]</font>