PDA

View Full Version : Should I get it?

Greg169
Aug 21, 2006, 01:15 PM
So I've been playing ep.1and2 for a while now and I was wondering if I should get ep.3?Is it just as good as the first game or worst or better? What's that gameplay like,style. Can someone please explain to me a bit of what the game's like?

DikkyRay
Aug 21, 2006, 01:47 PM
well, it depends if you have online. Online ep3 is, in my opinion, better than ep1&2's. Offline is pretty good to, it actually has a story. But it gets boring playing coms over, and over and over...
But if you have online, you can play lotsa people. If ya ever need a game, if you get online ep3, pm me. I'd be happy to play.
Oh yea, explain...
Gameplay is pretty simple, you have a deck of cards, and 5 are in your hand. Every turn you can set cards, move, and attack. You aim to get the oppenent to 0 hp. Their are 2 types of story characters, Hunters and Arks. Hunters use "items" Which are most of the weps from ep1&2 (examples: Sword, dagger, rare weps...) Arks use creatures, which are the enemies in ep1&2.
Your char has absolutely nothing to do in ep3. All he/she does is walk around and talk. It doesn't matter what class or id you are. The rest of the story chars do the work. Unfortunatly, its pretty slow at first, you have mediocre cards, but wen you get better and better, you start breezing thru levels.
Oh yea, levels. You get a level every 100 exp. You getr exp by winning battles. Your online level and offline level are different though. Also after every battle, you get graded, S,A,B,C+,C,D+,D,E. (Can Mcpot or Vr verify this?) And depending on your rank, you get more or less cards. Also you get 2 cards if you lose. Hopefully someone like Rag, Mcpot, or Vr will be able to help you more. ANd i hope this is of some help to you

mattdude
Aug 21, 2006, 03:44 PM
Whats EP?

DikkyRay
Aug 21, 2006, 05:02 PM
ep? its short for episode

Virgo04
Aug 21, 2006, 09:34 PM
I thought the grades were S, A+, A, B+, B, C+, C, D+, D, and E.
Also, the more you play, the better cards you can get. At first the cards aren't all that great but keep playing and eventually you'll get great cards.

I have a little question about the created character's Section ID. Does it affect the chances of certain cards you get? I know that you get all of the cards no matter what Section ID, but sometimes I get cards earlier than my cousin's character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Virgo04 on 2006-08-21 19:40 ]</font>

VR-Raiden
Aug 21, 2006, 10:41 PM
I've heard that all section ID influences is what COM partners you get in tournaments. And of course the color of your chair. Section ID isn't related to card finding at all from my experience.

DikkyRay
Aug 22, 2006, 10:13 AM
On 2006-08-21 19:34, Virgo04 wrote:
I thought the grades were S, A+, A, B+, B, C+, C, D+, D, and E.
Also, the more you play, the better cards you can get. At first the cards aren't all that great but keep playing and eventually you'll get great cards.

I have a little question about the created character's Section ID. Does it affect the chances of certain cards you get? I know that you get all of the cards no matter what Section ID, but sometimes I get cards earlier than my cousin's character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Virgo04 on 2006-08-21 19:40 ]</font>

Like i said, i needed someone to verify the grades

Virgo04
Aug 22, 2006, 03:58 PM
I know. I'm sure that those are the right grades.

DikkyRay
Aug 22, 2006, 05:11 PM
oh trust vr on his experiance, Hes level 170 somthing, 47 king. Clocking in like 1200 hrs or so

VR-Raiden
Aug 22, 2006, 10:19 PM
well actually im lvl 181, 48 king, and have about 1800 hours XD but ya those r the right grades.

And I would say buy this game, its awesome. Just dont expect getting many online matches. I assume practically all the JPs will be gone with PSU in a week (lucky bastards http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) and school is starting for me in about 2 weeks...so not many ppl to play with.

Virgo04
Aug 22, 2006, 10:26 PM
cool...i'd never even dream of being that high of a level. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif