PDA

View Full Version : Whens this game coming out

turtle323
Aug 21, 2006, 10:52 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/segaagesphantasystartrilogy/index.html

Lusky
Aug 21, 2006, 10:56 PM
Try to be more literate, also it has not been announced.

Saigan
Aug 21, 2006, 11:17 PM
The company handling the game canned the project some time ago. Short answer: possibly never.

turtle323
Aug 21, 2006, 11:33 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif i am sad now

Dingo
Aug 22, 2006, 06:53 AM
Won't the original games be available on the new SEGA collection disc that is coming soon for PS2? Along with Shinobi 3, Golden Axe 1+2+3, Sonic 2 and Ecco 1+2 you get the four PS games I think.

Sinue_v2
Aug 22, 2006, 07:14 AM
The PSIV remake is on permenant hold the last I heard.

Shortly after the PSII remake was released, Sega basically fired 3DAges because of the unsatisfactory job they were doing with the licences. Sega then brought development of the 3DAges collection in-house and rearranged the lineup. Nothing much has been heard of it since then AFAIK.

Conspiracy, as a company, folded AFAIK. None of their US ports ever saw completion - and Sega had to release it's own compilation of Sega Ages remakes in the Sega Classics Collection released last year. I've heard rumors of Sega Classics Collection II - but so far nothing.

The only other thing I've heard about the subject, was a small rumor from quite awhile ago that said the development of the PSIV remake was brought inhouse to Sonic Team after 3DAges lost their contract. At first, it was thought that Sonic Team (or another in-house developer) would finish the trilogy and release it along side Phantasy Star Universe. Perhaps a few weeks before, or after, release to help maximise it's sales. Perhaps even a PSU/PSG bundle for 10-15 bucks more.

The bundle rumor was soon replaced with the notion that Sonic Team had intended to include the PSG (Phantasy Star Generations) trilogy with PSU as hidden mini-games which can be unlocked by completing certain online or offline quests satisfactorally. An expansion on the mini-game idea they implimented in PSO Ep I & II for the NGC.

Though, I've yet to find any solid evidence to back up these rumors. The only reason I even mention them is that rumors often start with at least a small kernel of truth - just as the rumor about a new PS MMO managed to come to fruition in the form of PSU several years later.

Copy/Pasted from the Phantasy Star Discussion Thread.

Dingo: You only get three PS games on the Genesis collection. Phantasy Star I never recieved a formal release on the Mega Drive - just a rare limited edition collectors item version which was only released in Japan.

OnnaWren
Aug 22, 2006, 04:26 PM
Be that as it may, what with the remake of IV being "on permanent hiatus" and all, that doesn't mean that the remakes of I and II don't deserve a Stateside release... *grumbles*

Parn
Aug 22, 2006, 04:45 PM
The problem is that next to no one would buy it, save a few of us fans that are still around.

Sinue_v2
Aug 22, 2006, 05:14 PM
Hence the rumor of Sonic Team including them in with Phantasy Star Universe as "Mini-Games".

Though the more I think about it - I think the nugget of truth to that whole rumor may have started with the discussed inclusion of PS II, III, and EOTM into the planned Genesis compilation. The idea of them including it with PSU was just a simple case of exaggeration from one person to another.

Then again, I'm sure the PSTrilogy would sell decently well on the PS2 in the US... after Phantasy Star Universe is released and many gamers who discover Phantasy Star are looking for anything more they can snatch up before their interest in the series fades. Even as budget remakes - three RPGs for $20 which are party of a franchise they're currently enjoying would be hard to pass up for many I think.

OnnaWren
Aug 23, 2006, 02:39 PM
Parn: That's what "limited editions" are for... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sinue: I really hope that they don't include them with PSU- it would really take away from me playing PSU! XD

As for the Genesis collection, yes, I plan on buying that, too... PS whore that I am... -_-;

Sinue_v2
Aug 23, 2006, 05:44 PM
Yeah, as much as I bitch and complain about it - I'll probably end up buying the Genesis collection as well just for Phantasy Star IV.

Consumer Whore