PDA

View Full Version : Demon special activation

CM_vs_HP
Aug 22, 2006, 06:50 AM
Ive talked with a japanese this morning. my english is limited so ill try to explain it the best i can.
heres what he told me but i dont know if its true. im currently trying to contact sonic team directly so they can provide me the information i need. if some1 in this forum as the answer it would be time to post it here.

demon activation rate is 67%. successful rate and activation rate are not affected by being the first, second or third attack of the combo. the activation rate is only there for 1 purpose;even if you have the best ata that you could dream of having, you can still miss...yes more ata mean more success rate, but you need a lot of ata if you want to raise your success rate just by a little %.

Demon :ata>enemy evp = success rate>activation rate

ATA isnt all to get a successfull hit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CM_vs_HP on 2006-08-23 04:11 ]</font>

whiteninja
Aug 22, 2006, 09:22 AM
The rate of you making contact is determined by your ATA and the enemy EVP.

After you make contact, you have to have the special "activate."
The activation for Hell is: ((93-EDK)/reduction)
The activation for Demon's is: Pfft, I have no idea. I guess if I sat in Normal mode and shot at stuff with SSS combos for a while I could figure it out. It's supposedly the same for all enemies. (not based on ESP)

CM_vs_HP
Aug 22, 2006, 10:14 AM
other factor can affect the chance you will have to get a successfull hit on the ennemy. i can tell you by experience that using demon on the first, second or last attack, has absolutely no difference in the % that it will hit the target. its not higher because im using the special on the second attack or third attack. in fact its worse and work real bad for me with my raygun and i always finish my combo to check. when i say fact: 150 000 combo raygun in a year on the same monster probably mean nothing i guess...try using a character with almost no ata then switch for a ramar with the best demons laser you can find. you will understand what i mean. i suggest trying on a monest they have 0 evp. the ata calculator doesnt work for this special. demon special is calculated differently. i want to know how this special work...

the answer you provided today isnt the right one . so find it and post again when you have it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CM_vs_HP on 2006-08-22 10:02 ]</font>

lolhaythar
Aug 24, 2006, 06:01 AM
Er, I believe you misunderstood him. There are two seperate calculations in place here.

If the rate really is 67%, and the hit calculator says you have an 80% chance of a special attack hitting the enemy, you can see that there are two different rates.

Your chance of the special connecting with the enemy is 80%, and the chance of the special activating is 67% of the hit rate (80%). With this in mind, the chance of Demon's hitting an enemy would be 50%.

There's a difference between actually missing, and the special failing to activate, too. If you shoot, and the shot fails to connect with the enemy, you won't hear the shot connect. If you use a special with an activation rate involved, and the shot connects but fails, you can still hear it hit.

CM_vs_HP
Aug 24, 2006, 02:10 PM
On 2006-08-24 04:01, lolhaythar wrote:
Er, I believe you misunderstood him. There are two seperate calculations in place here.

If the rate really is 67%, and the hit calculator says you have an 80% chance of a special attack hitting the enemy, you can see that there are two different rates.

Your chance of the special connecting with the enemy is 80%, and the chance of the special activating is 67% of the hit rate (80%). With this in mind, the chance of Demon's hitting an enemy would be 50%.

There's a difference between actually missing, and the special failing to activate, too. If you shoot, and the shot fails to connect with the enemy, you won't hear the shot connect. If you use a special with an activation rate involved, and the shot connects but fails, you can still hear it hit.

For the ata i have with my demon raygun the calculator say 40% on first attack , 90% on second and 100% on third for a frozed delbiter but i see the demon connecting completely randomly and very often on the first attack. i know about hearing the sound and seeing a miss mean you connect. but if the suuccess rate is 100% i should hear this sound evrytime i miss for my last attack. wich dont happen.

Hrith
Aug 24, 2006, 11:43 PM
Good, you learned that a special hitting and a special working is not the same thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ATA helps you hit more, but it won't affect the rate of the special working.
ATA still helps a lot for Demon's, because for the special to work, it has to hit first (duh?).

CM_vs_HP
Aug 25, 2006, 02:08 AM
On 2006-08-24 21:43, Kef wrote:
Good, you learned that a special hitting and a special working is not the same thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ATA helps you hit more, but it won't affect the rate of the special working.
ATA still helps a lot for Demon's, because for the special to work, it has to hit first (duh?).

yes i know that. what i dont know is the activation rate...the information i got from jap is only based on test theyve made and is not the right data.

Anyway if you look at this.

First attack is decided Hit or Not ATA-Ennemy EVP/5
in case of hit
(Esp success rate - ennemy Esp resistance)/weapon

its has to be based on it because theres nothing else

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CM_vs_HP on 2006-08-25 11:46 ]</font>

CM_vs_HP
Aug 26, 2006, 12:08 AM
Does any 1 can tell me whats the % reduction of EVP when the monster become frozen? i want to test something related to the demon success rate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CM_vs_HP on 2006-08-26 04:01 ]</font>

whiteninja
Aug 26, 2006, 08:15 AM
EVP * 0.65 = EVP while frozen, confused, paralyzed, or shocked.

CM_vs_HP
Aug 28, 2006, 09:34 AM
On 2006-08-26 06:15, whiteninja wrote:
EVP * 0.65 = EVP while frozen, confused, paralyzed, or shocked.

Thx that was useful. anyway after doing demon over and over today in a test run. hearing it connect or not and seeing it. i have no choice but to say that demon activation rate is probably 1/2 lol. 50% is probably the activation rate. i heard 200 time the sound and 92 on them connected. with second and last attack both being at 100% success rate. yes i know 200 isnt a number to base upon but it still look like it.

the demon activation really look like a 1/2 activation.

if you have tested it lately . what is your conclusion?