PDA

View Full Version : "Leap of Faith," and it sure didn't pay off....

Sedric
Nov 1, 2002, 02:16 AM
This thread belongs in here. Uh-huh. Pretty much. Cause it's a rant.

If you haven't noticed, there were quite a number of "importers" like myself, here at PSOW about a week ago. Well, where are they now, with domestic version out?

Ok, maybe it's just me. I don't read every single new threads and posts, so I may be mis-imformed. Maybe they are all still here. Maybe they are out to meet the domestics and having fun.

Or maybe they are all at Ragol.com discussing on what to do with their imported version, that are possibly DOOMED.

You see, in case you didn't know, the JP and US are not CONNECTED. We importers CAN'T reach you guys. There is a rumor floating that they will be connected in the future, but it is said that it's only for future fixed version. So what's gonna happen to early-importer like me? Can it be possible that ST might forever quarantine unfixed-version players? Or even SHUT THEM DOWN when fixed is released???

Who knows?

But this is very depressing news considering that GC PSO is NOT EVEN 3 MONTHS OLD. Great. After all that money I spent and trouble I went through for import, I may have to scrap everything, and start over with domestic, just to meet my friends here in States w/ domestic.

For more details, please visit Ah-King's site.

Gryph
Nov 1, 2002, 05:11 AM
I don't wanna sound like an ass, but it's your own fault. You shoulda just waited with everyone else. Also, buying the import version because you can't wait to play the US version isn't a leap of faith, it's called be impatiant(sp).

BlackRose
Nov 1, 2002, 10:25 AM
Yeah, one could say it's your fault for importing in the first place, but you could also say that the fault is upon Sega for not informing buyers of the separated servers; or indeed for not deciding early enough. As it is, they've gone and done it anyway, giving english-speaking importers the proverbial 'shaft' and kind of sweeping them under the rug. For better or worse, it's what they've done, and now you have to deal with it... =

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlackRose on 2002-11-01 07:30 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Nov 1, 2002, 12:32 PM
Yep; technically you can't really do anything about it. Had you been living in Japan, maybe you could have been able to ask Sega about it, but, unfortunately, I doubt they will give an answer to an importer! x.X

War_Child
Nov 1, 2002, 04:10 PM
You took the risk of importing. And it backfired. I hear the japanese can swap their copies for the fixed version for free. Might be more a bitch since you imported. But hey, such is life.

The magic 8-ball says: Don't import if you don't want to worry!

BrokenHope
Nov 1, 2002, 09:58 PM
On 2002-11-01 02:11, Gryph wrote:
I don't wanna sound like an ass, but it's your own fault. You shoulda just waited with everyone else. Also, buying the import version because you can't wait to play the US version isn't a leap of faith, it's called be impatiant(sp).

Not everyone is american, you honestly expect people such as me who live in the UK to wait till something like october 2003 for the PAL release? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Gryph
Nov 2, 2002, 03:11 AM
Some people did wait that long for PSO V2. Besides if you're in europe and wanna import, it would make more sense to get the US version. So far the US version has always had fixes that they had to make to the JP version. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Ironmonkey
Nov 2, 2002, 07:57 PM
I imported

All Im really out is 50 bucks on the game. The BBA and KB will work just fine with the US version. Im actually glad I have those! The import HL was really cheap too, im not to worried about it. If I couldnt afford this, then I never would have imported in the first place. I really would have loved to play with US gamers at the more reasonable monthly rates, but oh well.

ST's decision to seperate servers was the right thing to do. We were uninvited guests, we kinda crashed the party. ST has to make decisions on behalf of all PSO players, not just a few importers. Through playing on Rigel 7, ive found most fellow importers to be legit players. The duping bug may not have been felt there as badly.
After all, we all went through alot to import, are diehard PSO fanatics, and arent going to spoil our games with dupes (for the most part). My friend who speaks Japanese and actually played on the other JP servers said that dupers are everywhere, and it has definitely gotten out of hand.

For all the money (freakin $8.97/month!!) US PSO fans will be shelling out they deserve a clean game.

As for my character, my import Ep1+2 FOmarl is probabaly the 9th or 10th character ive started from scratch since January 2001, and wont be the first I lose. Maybe I'll make another force or a HU, or maybe evern a ranger. No big!

BlackRose
Nov 4, 2002, 01:05 PM
50 bucks is a lot to some...

(btw Priss, I didn't know you came here.. good to see ya =D)