PDA

View Full Version : GC-Item: Katanas

bdev03
Aug 22, 2006, 12:52 PM
I have recently been browsing the katana list, and noticed that my i.d. (viridia) can get many of them. I'm just about on ultimate, and I need some help deciding what one to go for. So many different agitos....

sum182
Aug 22, 2006, 01:04 PM
I'm not sure if viridia can find the real one (too lazy to check) but if it can then go for the Agito (1975) real one cause, obviously, its the real version and then you can turn it into the Orchiagito or however you spell it.

Genoa
Aug 22, 2006, 01:31 PM
well as stated, the Agito 1975 is the one that becomes the Orotiagito when you take the Agito 1975 to the tekker standing outside the shops in the quest "Seek my Master", which technically is the best Katana =/ but... I can't stand Katana's.

3-hit combo, single target striking weapons.... aren't the greatest. And the fact it's attack speed isn't that fast, it's very interuptable. It's special uses HP to launch a crecent wave-like attack, but even that's not all that great. I think you should consider multi-strike weapons, or weapons with more than 3-hit combo's. They're more efficient in my opinion.

bdev03
Aug 22, 2006, 01:31 PM
i dont think viridia can, but my bro's whitill can. Thanks, although I might go for the kamui (piping hildetorrs in the temple)

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 22, 2006, 01:37 PM
All IDs can find the Agito (AUW 1975) Real. The Tollaw drop for Viridia is pretty ridiculous though...I spent endless hours offline doing Gran Squall runs, and never found the thing (my character corrupted http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_redface.gif) If you can manage to get your hands on one though, the Orotiagito is a decent weapon...but it only attacks 1 enemy, and with a 3 hit combo. There are 10-star weapons that can do more damage than this.

The only other Katanas that might be fun to use would be Sange and Yahsa. Viridia has a bad Sange drop though (1/351 from Pan Arms), and an even worse Yasha drop.... an insane 1/67217 from Melqueek. Yeesh.

If you're online, you have more quests available to you and some of those items might be easier to hunt. If not....heh than good luck.

Genoa
Aug 22, 2006, 01:54 PM
Well Sange&Yasha are awesome, but they're Twin Swords when merged. Technically... still Katana's, but not classified as Katana type because of it's Twin Sword Animation. But if you really want a Katana that bad, Kamui is pretty nice. Hildetor - VR Temple - 1/2

MadEwokHerd
Aug 22, 2006, 03:07 PM
Viridias can find every katana. I personally don't like katanas because they're 3-hit, single enemy weapons. However, a fake Agito might be usefull for a non-Hunter, preferrably a melee Force.

whocares111
Aug 22, 2006, 04:12 PM
Red Saber with hit % > any katana

Seriously, katanas pretty much suck. If you're a Hunter, get a double saber/twin sword. If you're a melee force, Red Saber with hit will do much better than any katana.

ulyoth
Aug 22, 2006, 04:17 PM
But if you just want a Katana then go to the temple, for 1980 (tengai?) off a love rappy 1/2 and kamui.

whocares111
Aug 22, 2006, 04:24 PM
I think all of the Agito's look like crap. Yamigarasu is kinda cool with its purple aura. Sange and Kamui actually look like samurai swords so those are good. Personally, I like Yasha best. Unfortunately, it's like going through hell to find it.

Neith
Aug 22, 2006, 05:26 PM
Yasha with Viridia is Hell on Earth to hunt. 1/67k is a horrible droprate. I got lucky with 2x droprate day on BB, but it's a total fluke if you find one.

Sange is easy (though easier with a Yellowboze/Skyly), Kamui is easy to find, Yami is quite difficult to find, and Viridia finds EVERY model Agito, including the real one (1975).

Viridia is definately one of the best ways to hunt katanas though, I've found Yasha, Kamui, 3 different fake Agitos from it.

If you're after one to hunt that isn't uber-rare, go for Kamui (1/2 from Ep2 Hildetorr). Nice katana too. Obviously, Twin Sword/Dagger/Twin Saber are more useful in most situations, but I find katanas/sabers nice to use now and again.

Splash
Aug 22, 2006, 07:08 PM
Sange and Yasha is much better than Origitatio (sp?), if they are combined. Seperate katanas and they are much better than the fake Agitos. Kamui is really nice to have. And Yasha, ugh, don't bother searching for it. It's near impossible.

bdev03
Aug 23, 2006, 09:43 AM
I already have yamatos, no daggers for viridia, and same with twin sabers...none. Really, unless you like katanas viridia sucks, so I'm just trying to find one of "my section i.d.'s weapons" and hopefully I like it!!!!

Splash
Aug 23, 2006, 11:41 AM
Despite they can get all of the katanas, you can still get the other items. Try getting a Red Saber, 1/2 drop of Forest Hildetorr. Red Partisan and (I think) Red Slicer are reasonable drop rates in Ult. Caves.

luninja
Aug 23, 2006, 12:30 PM
Kamui is only good if you can find it easily. Other than that, it can't combine nor can it change.

Lord_Kratos
Aug 23, 2006, 12:37 PM
The Sange is decent by itself but owns when combined with the Yasha but the drop rate for the Skyly which is the best chances is 1/22000 at least so the other drop sucks which i think is viridia. the kamui is good but cant combine. The Agito Real or Agito 1975 is good when its the Orotiagito but still doesnt match up to the Sange&Yasha. The Yamigarasu is pretty cool too.
Then of course the Tsumikiri J Sword is the bomb but its not a katana but a sword that looks like a Katana so it has excellent attack with the combination of being able to attack more than one enemy at once. but finding is hard. First you have to be Skyly and get it from a Gi Gue which is a 1/12603 chance or so. Then after that you have to unseal it meaning killing 23,000 enemies with it. But i created a Skyly just for the purpose of finding the Sealed J Sword and hes now Lvl. 88

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_Kratos on 2006-08-23 10:40 ]</font>

Rekitheforce
Aug 23, 2006, 06:49 PM
On 2006-08-22 11:04, sum182 wrote:
I'm not sure if viridia can find the real one (too lazy to check) but if it can then go for the Agito (1975) real one cause, obviously, its the real version and then you can turn it into the Orchiagito or however you spell it.

They can't, I think that Pinkal can though. If I were you, I wouldn't really look for a specific katana. Considering how many you can find, you'll eventually just run into one.

Splash
Aug 23, 2006, 11:29 PM
While Pinkal has the lowest drop rate of finding an Agito (1975) Real, it is off a rare enemy which is really not a good idea. Searching/piping for one is enough, and you would be pretty disappointed if it doesn't drop it. The idea, it is more suitable to find it off a non-rare enemy, despite the insane drop rate. Sange is good, as well as Kamui. Settle for those instead.

bdev03
Aug 24, 2006, 07:20 AM
I wouldn't be settling for the kamui, I would be getting what I originally had in mind. But I have never piped torrs/blues before, and you can only get like two in the room on episode 2.

Edit: Problem number 2 is that I couldn't just run the forest and hope for a katana, seeing as only the real agito is out there. All of the katanas drop in a different area for viridia.

Edit: And the third problem is that it is my first time on ultimate and runs are not easy. It can take up to an hour to do a forest run. (Seeing as I am on multiplayer and the bad guys are quite a bit tougher than they would be normally)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bdev03 on 2006-08-24 05:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bdev03 on 2006-08-24 05:30 ]</font>