PDA

View Full Version : Today's wonderful telepipe experience

Elvendar
Aug 23, 2006, 03:28 PM
I haven't played for a while, but ever since my card got hit by FSOD back in the day i've been wanting another Demolition Comet for my HUcaseal. So I take my RAcaseal, Blood (Redria L76) to ultimate caves for some piping.

I used a total of 160 telepipes in the course of roughly an hour to an hour and a half. On 56 or 57, I encountered my first and only Mil Lily, which gave me the wonderful present of Resist/Burning instead of my Demolition Comet I was seeking. No other lillies popped up.

Thanks Mil Lily! You're a true pal.

I suppose i'll just have to gather up enough patience to go on another 150-or-so pipe spree.

phongi
Aug 23, 2006, 03:50 PM
Face it. Rare monsters don't always drop their rare. Luckily, the rare not dropping the item i want only happened 3 times so far....two from a coincidence and 1 from a pipe

Lord_Kratos
Aug 23, 2006, 03:50 PM
heh that sucks! ive done that before so dont feel bad! my friend and i have hunted for the Agito and spent over 10 hours of piping to no avail but wer still hunting for the Agito 1975

Elvendar
Aug 23, 2006, 03:54 PM
On 2006-08-23 13:50, phongi wrote:
Face it. Rare monsters don't always drop their rare. Luckily, the rare not dropping the item i want only happened 3 times so far....two from a coincidence and 1 from a pipe

Oh, i'm quite aware of that. I telepiped quite a number of things in my day, and I still have a lot of them that I happened to save on my second memory card when my main got hit by FSOD.

I almost forgot how mind-numbing it was to telepipe, though. Anyway, just thought i'd share todays "spoils," as lame as they were http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

h13n
Aug 24, 2006, 02:55 AM
hey what is that thing of FSOD ?

and that thing with the pipes is great i got
a last survivor and a dragon slayer in less than a hour

ulyoth
Aug 24, 2006, 05:37 AM
On 2006-08-24 00:55, h13n wrote:
hey what is that thing of FSOD ?

and that thing with the pipes is great i got
a last survivor and a dragon slayer in less than a hour

Frozen screen of death, game locks up.

-Klein-
Aug 24, 2006, 05:51 AM
OH MAN you souldnt complain i used 300 ryukers and not a single mil lilly that REALLY wasnt fun

Tweengo
Aug 24, 2006, 08:45 AM
I telepiped 2 Hidelts in Ep. 2 for 4 HOURS just to get a Berdysh. Damn screens making it look good. Sega could've at least jacked up the damage the special does, but the sound it makes is so good.

MadEwokHerd
Aug 24, 2006, 11:01 AM
It took me 7 Pal Rappies to get my Red Partisan. I finally got it off of a big Pal Rappy...I did get extremely lucky in getting a magic stone Irista...I was online and a Hildetorr appeared. The guy I was with died, and I killed the Hildetorr to find a magic stone. Too bad I'm not a fan of Slicers.

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 24, 2006, 11:04 AM
I know your pain. Back before I corrupted I piped for Mil Lillies...first one killed me because, well...I was a noob. The 2nd one dropped Meseta. The 3rd one dropped the democomet, but I stood around by the door for 5 minutes picking off the other ones so they wouldn't rain death on me when I scrambled for my precious red box http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif.

Took about 3 hours?

JohnBerserker
Aug 24, 2006, 03:42 PM
[/quote]
Frozen screen of death, game locks up.

[/quote]

what happened to calling it BSOD. last i remember thats what it was called.

phongi
Aug 24, 2006, 04:02 PM
On 2006-08-24 13:42, JohnBerserker wrote:

what happened to calling it BSOD. last i remember thats what it was called.

BSOD, I think, is when the disk stops spinning.

BeeYee
Aug 24, 2006, 04:16 PM
wow, thats pretty unlucky depending on the amount in the room of course. I got my first hildetorr after maybe 15 pipes and got my beloved frozen shooter with 35 hit.

Tweengo
Aug 25, 2006, 11:22 AM
On 2006-08-24 14:16, BeeYee wrote:
wow, thats pretty unlucky depending on the amount in the room of course. I got my first hildetorr after maybe 15 pipes and got my beloved frozen shooter with 35 hit.

I envy you. No seriously, to get my first Hildetorr, I piped for nearly an hour, and got a crappy Diska http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

Neith
Aug 25, 2006, 11:24 AM
Piping with an Android is really expensive (350 per pipe), costs stack up fast.

Fact is, the drop is 1/2, there is still a good chance Mil Lily won't drop a rare. If you really want a Demo Comet, you'll have to hunt/pipe another Mil. (Assuming you want it on your Redria)

Lord_Kratos
Aug 25, 2006, 02:05 PM
meh my friend and i are huntin that darn agito real and we've spent about 10 hrs piping and 6 mil's to no avail. but i can find sanges like crazy! there easy to get for me and probably for others. i found my first torr in temples and he gave me a knight/power. im lookin for the pal but i havent ever found one.

Deathwatch
Aug 25, 2006, 02:14 PM
I've never piped for items (tried once or twice but not obsessively) which might explain why I have very little awesome gear.

I need to find an item worth me piping for...and making sure it's not a damn gun XD

Lord_Kratos
Aug 25, 2006, 02:20 PM
i looked up yur section id and found some things.
Guard Wave 1/2 for pal rappy
Hero/ability 7/8 Nar Lily Vhard
Db's Sword 7/8 Mil Lily caves
Pouilly Slime 1/2 morning glory
pouilly slime 7/8 cure/paralysis
for more go to:

http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php?by=sectionid§ionid=2&version=v3

sry for getting off topic

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_Kratos on 2006-08-25 12:21 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_Kratos on 2006-08-25 12:22 ]</font>

Deathwatch
Aug 25, 2006, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the list. I already have the ID drop list on favs, just need to filter what to get. I'm definitely adding the Asuka, Agito and Red weapons to that list, but the Asuka is a bit away (Asuka, Ultimate, Meriltas, 1/901)

Thanks.

MadEwokHerd
Aug 25, 2006, 02:54 PM
Have fun piping for that real Agito. Took me 16 Mils, but total it was probably 18 hours.

Goldstream
Aug 25, 2006, 02:57 PM
FSOD: Frozen Screen of Doom

Basically forcing you to shut your game off and you reboot only to see that all your unequipped items and meseta are gone. the only way to prevent it is to deposit everything so they can't get anything. i got hacked 3 times and then went to XBOX

Deathwatch
Aug 25, 2006, 03:05 PM
Lets say I switch off the console without first quitting the game. Would it do it then?

merrycherry9
Aug 25, 2006, 03:29 PM
On 2006-08-25 13:05, Deathwatch wrote:
Lets say I switch off the console without first quitting the game. Would it do it then?

Do you mean would it prevent fsod? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif It doesnt because when you get fsod the whole screen freezes which makes you turn off your console and makes you lose your unequipped items.

ulyoth
Aug 25, 2006, 03:52 PM
On 2006-08-25 13:05, Deathwatch wrote:

Yes it would have the same affact as a FSOD or BSOD, as thats basically what they are forcing you to do, switch off without saving.

whocares111
Aug 25, 2006, 04:13 PM
I've had both really good experiences and really bad experiences with piping. My first Demo Comet from Redria Mils came in three pipes. I was so excited. Then, I went 11 straight rare monsters without drops (4 more Mils, 7 Pals). Personally, I hate piping. I'd rather just do the runs.

JohnBerserker
Aug 25, 2006, 04:47 PM
could someone direct me to a topic that would explain "piping" a little better. or explain it to me in some way. i'd never heard of it 'til i came on this site.

phongi
Aug 25, 2006, 06:40 PM
Piping is just when you create a telepipe with a telepipe or Ryuker tech, go back to Pioneer 2, and come back.

Every time you come back to Ragol from P2 the monster will reset, and if there is a monster with a rare variable, there is a 1/512 (correct me if I'm wrong) chance that it may appear. If not, go back to P2 and try again.

best_sato134
Aug 25, 2006, 09:52 PM
me and me friend (joe) did about 10-15 ep.2 runs to get a field...
sadly that made my pissed I was too we made a lv.89 to 1?? after a late nighter he still didn't find so... he stoped playing and might never play it again.

Deathwatch
Aug 26, 2006, 03:56 AM
Yes it would have the same affact as a FSOD or BSOD, as thats basically what they are forcing you to do, switch off without saving.

Oops...I do that all the time, turning off without quitting. Like if I die before geting any experience. Having had a single wipe thus far, nor has my friend who has played for double the time I have. Maybe because I have a different PSO? PAL conversion fixed that little bug?

Anywho, my hour of piping for a Pal Rappy this morning yielded me a slotless Guard Wave and an Angry Fist...My luck might not be too bad.

fay
Aug 26, 2006, 05:21 AM
argh the memorys are commin back. i got my demo comet from a redria mil lilly. it took me 10 lillys b4 i got it !!!!!!!!. i swear the drop rate is wrong. i know of some1 who is redira also who done 89 lillys and still not got it

i also know of a whitil character tryin to get it and it took him about 10 aswell. slimes if im right. the demo coment drop rates are wrong. seriously. no way all 3 of us were that unlucky

Deathwatch
Aug 26, 2006, 07:40 AM
I can't believe I got lucky with that Pal Rappy, dropping the armour right away, but the Barba Ray just won't gimme the Double Saber.

I'm gonna have fun trying to pipe Hildetorrs in Ult Temple for Flowen's Sword...

phongi
Aug 26, 2006, 07:46 AM
On 2006-08-26 05:40, Deathwatch wrote:
I can't believe I got lucky with that Pal Rappy, dropping the armour right away, but the Barba Ray just won't gimme the Double Saber.

I'm gonna have fun trying to pipe Hildetorrs in Ult Temple for Flowen's Sword...

I got tired of killing Barba Ray too, so I made a Pinkal FO, gave her some god/** items, and blasted her way to Hard to kill some Pouillys.
Then just use Ice (I prefer Rabarta) techs to split the slimes and pipe.
I got the double saber in about...30 minutes?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phongi on 2006-08-26 05:47 ]</font>

JohnBerserker
Aug 26, 2006, 02:27 PM
i got two double sabers. one on VH caves the other on H Ruins. i wasnt tryin to look for either tho.

guysmiily
Aug 26, 2006, 03:51 PM
[/quote]

I got tired of killing Barba Ray too, so I made a Pinkal FO, gave her some god/** items, and blasted her way to Hard to kill some Pouillys.
Then just use Ice (I prefer Rabarta) techs to split the slimes and pipe.
I got the double saber in about...30 minutes?

weird every time i split slimes and pipe only the original number of slimes com bak am i doin somthing wrong

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Aug 26, 2006, 11:57 PM
I tried telepiping for stuff before, worked sometimes, but I usualy find rare ememies when I'm not even trying to. =^.^=

Deathwatch
Aug 27, 2006, 02:04 AM
Well I need to pipe slimes so I can see a Pouilly Slime and get my mits on M.Glory

Oh yeah, Barba Ray dropped the D.Saber on the 17th run. Go me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathwatch on 2006-08-27 00:04 ]</font>

Piped today, before quitting encountered 3 Pal Rappys. One was actually a big Pal Rappy, which was different. Only gor grinders and another Angry Fist.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathwatch on 2006-08-27 06:29 ]</font>

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Aug 27, 2006, 02:35 PM
Thought the only big ones were El Rappys. Never found a Pal Rappy paper weight. =~.^=

Drakorn
Aug 27, 2006, 03:19 PM
On 2006-08-24 14:16, BeeYee wrote:

Im pretty shocked that you found a hildetorr, since i been on ultimate mode (2 years ago) I have not found a hildetorr before but except that i know what it does

and everyone please look at this as if you not found a hildetorr

They use megid

maggins
Aug 28, 2006, 04:38 AM
As soon as I got my purplenum in Ult, I piped for around an hour........found 3 torrs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif 3 froozen shooters (best one with 20% to forest). . . lately can't find any of the dam torrs, they just won't appear, even after around 1000 pipes one wouldn't appear!!! eeek! lol.
I'm taking on the real agito soonish, raising a pinkal to get one off pal hopefully.

Deathwatch
Aug 28, 2006, 11:58 AM
On 2006-08-27 12:35, Aisha_Clan-Clan wrote:
Thought the only big ones were El Rappys. Never found a Pal Rappy paper weight. =~.^=

Yup saw one.

And trying to get Agito from Pal Rappy? 1/22 chance...hmm, not sure if that's any better than Grennil's 1/22406 rate off a Ult Delsaber...

You'll be piping for a while >.<

(BTW, IF I ever get an Agito is it worth having it tekked into an Orotiagito?)

guysmiily
Aug 28, 2006, 12:24 PM
got my agito on my first try^_^

maggins
Aug 28, 2006, 12:27 PM
I'm thinking of hunting an agito.......I really don't think it's gonna be worth the 1/22000 chance off a migium though in spaceship.....eck.. and I'm offline so no nice online quests.
Just piped 2 more hildeltorrs and another 2 frozen shooters.....thats 5 now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif best one with 0/15/0/25/0
yey!!

guysmiily
Aug 28, 2006, 12:29 PM
On 2006-08-28 10:27, maggins wrote:
I'm thinking of hunting an agito.......I really don't think it's gonna be worth the 1/22000 chance off a migium though in spaceship.....eck.. and I'm offline so no nice online quests.
Just piped 2 more hildeltorrs and another 2 frozen shooters.....thats 5 now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif best one with 0/15/0/25/0
yey!!

lucky bastard

Deathwatch
Aug 29, 2006, 03:06 AM
On 2006-08-28 10:24, guysmiily wrote:
got my agito on my first try^_^

Lucky BASTARD! >.<