PDA

View Full Version : Lieutenant Mantle vs. Love/Sweet Heart et al

Sitka
Aug 24, 2006, 11:40 AM
Just an opinion on relative value of using Lieutenant Mantle or Aura Field versus using LoveHeart or Sweetheart on ramarl and/or fonewearl.

I've been using Lieutenant Mantle on my Ramarl (lvl 108)and Spirit Garment on my Fonewearl (lvl 89). I appreciate the Trap Vision of LM, moreso since I've been doing lots of the solo ep 4 quests.

My question is should I just stick with the Lieutenant Mantle for these two characters as they continue to level up or should I take the 45-50 pds for a magic rock Heart Key to make a Love Heart or the 90-100 pds for a Sweetheart. Is there that much of a superior advantage to upgrading to the Safety Heart or Sweetheart?

I'm asking this on the basis of those who have used these frames extensively, not on the basis of hypothetical performance based on stats.

I'm aware there will always be differences of opinion and I've seen several already who have complained about investing 90+ pds into making a Sweetheart only to go back to their old Lieutenant Mantle or even Aura Field. I don't want to make the same mistake.

I prefer to play solo when not in cmode. I primarily use Heaven Striker/Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen/Spread Needle on Ramarl and Principal's Gift Parasol when needed for lizards (although I do have vivienne). I use Summit Moon, Blue Merge and simple techs when playing fonewearl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2006-08-24 10:27 ]</font>

Hrith
Aug 24, 2006, 11:59 PM
If you're soloing, Lieutenant Mantle is clearly the one to choose, unless it's an area with no traps, or where you know them exactly.

For the FOnewearl, Lieutenant Mantle is the best no matter what, clearing traps makes you an even better support Force.

For the RAmarl, I doubt such a powerful character needs the extra DFP from Aura Field or Love Heart, so if you wanna use Sweetheart, I guess... but how would you benefit from it? Sweetheart boosts Angel Harp (crappy rifle on a Ranger) and Safety Heart. So unless you use Safety Heart, Sweetheart is useless, too.

I really think the bonuses of Lt Mantle overshadow the other frames in the game, the only one I would compare to Lt Mantle for usefulness is Crimson Coat, but Aura Field, Sweetheart and Love Heart... I fail to see how they can compare.

Saffran
Aug 25, 2006, 01:16 PM
Sweet Heart is a collector thingie, really. It's not bad, but I fail to see me having it at all times - whereas Lt Mantle is great just about everywhere. That is to say, I don't think my fonewearl will equip something else, ever.

Sitka
Aug 25, 2006, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the reply - I'll put my pds elsewhere.