PDA

View Full Version : ahhhh i want my xbox pso

GreatGino
Nov 1, 2002, 04:01 PM
i cant take reading all your talk bout pso for gc, it makes me sick! damn billy and his damn m$oft, i want my damn pso! (any news on a rls date? heh)

GaMMa
Nov 1, 2002, 04:41 PM
Yea it really sucks, rumor has it (from some rep at EB... that PSO, UC and MechAssault will all be available for purchase on November 13). Of course you need to buy the Xbox Live starter kit if you don't already own it... (being a beta tester rules). I was actually considering buying a GC, BBA and PSO, but I think I'll just wait for PSO Xbox. I think it'll come out some time in November. Yea all these GC people here are really hyping the game up, I can't wait to play this on Xbox with broadband only and voice chat. As for the GC users here... it's pretty stupid Sega hasn't released a GC KB yet.... God bless Xbox voice chat http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Kent
Nov 1, 2002, 07:03 PM
There's no official US or Europe release date yet, but on Sonic Team's website (http://www.sonicteam.com/pso_xbox.html) they have a January 16th release date set for Japan.

WraithAkaMrak
Nov 1, 2002, 09:20 PM
*is in the same boat*

Agent_Reav
Nov 1, 2002, 09:48 PM
I was so close to buying PSO GC but once SEGA said they weren't going to be releasing a Keyboard anytime soon for GC I just opted out... Sure I could have imported it from some obscure online dealer but what's the use if the vast majority of players won't have one? It'd be like talking to a drunken foreign... frustrating and incredibly monotonous. I recently got my XB Live Beta kit also and now that i've seen voice chat and lag free play in action I'm so hyped. I would bet a November 15th (the XB Live Public Launch date) is imminent.

Tigertron
Nov 1, 2002, 11:01 PM
I just e-mailed sega. They say Wnter 2002. So at least we know it is by the end of the year which is at the most less than 2 months or it could be tomorrow. We wil just have to keep a close eye on the sega and xbox news board. This interactive chat guy at sega (yet another thing Nintendo doesn't have) said that PSO has big hype over there and as soon as anything official comes out it will be like on every page of the site.

Kent
Nov 1, 2002, 11:35 PM
Sega doesn't know anything about the release date.

Yuji Naka said it himself, the whole game is in Microsoft's hands, and they get to choose when to release it.

Also, the Xbox version is going to be more secure than the Dreamcast versions, and probably the GameCube version also. On Xbox Live, players have the ability to report other players to Microsoft employees, for cheating, spaming, swearing, being annoying, and also for positive things.

(There was no NDA saying I can't talk about this)

In the Xbox Live Code of Conduct, it specifically states that anyone caught in the act of cheating online where it is not allowed by the server or host can have their Xbox Live account suspended or deleted. They can also have their account temporarily muted for spamming, swearing, or the use of racial expletives.

I know I'm going to have fun with this. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kalbelgarion
Nov 2, 2002, 12:52 AM
I chatted with a rep at xbox.com, and he said that a release date will be announced next week. Take this how you will...

BlackRose
Nov 2, 2002, 01:05 AM
Great, a release date for the release date.

This reeks of Microsoft, and beuraucracy (sp?) in general...

I just want my damn PSO!

GaMMa
Nov 2, 2002, 05:24 AM
Rumor has it... some guy asked when PSO, MechAssault and Unreal Championship would be available and the guy at EB said all of them will be available on Novermber 13th. Could PSO be a launch game, yet nobody knows it? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Myst
Nov 2, 2002, 09:33 AM
For the most part, just hearing the fact that XBOX PSO IS coming out is all I nead to hear. Personally, i'm more concerned with the XBOX live info. It's SOOO close to the launch date and they can't even give us a price for AFTER the first year. Pisses me off!!!

Tigertron
Nov 2, 2002, 11:10 AM
Kent you don't think i know that. What i'm saying is that M$ told sega tentivily when they plan to release because it is after all sega's game still. They don't want to be left in the dark just as much as you or me.

saffaya
Nov 2, 2002, 11:17 AM
They can't because it will depend on the amount of people signing up for Xbox Live. Wether it is a mild or full success or not will influence the price.

I have been selected for Xbox Live in France. But I'll wait a week or two before deciding. My Xbox is Us and I'd rather buy the real thing and PSO with it.

Eco30
Nov 2, 2002, 11:32 AM
Well lets all buy XBL even if we don't put online as soon as we get it. Lets just influence M$ that we're interested in their products. I reserved my XBL and when I get I will have it sit until I can get PSO but atleast I will still have it. Remember this is just like voting every (one) person counts.

Agent_Reav
Nov 2, 2002, 11:49 AM
There are tons of ppl on the Beta version alone O.o! I can always get a good 16 player match going in Moto GP... I can't wait till this thing actually hits stores! If PSO is a launch title I may have to catcha bad cold for a couple of days *wink wink*

Eco30
Nov 2, 2002, 12:03 PM
Wow we must be on the same wave length or sumn. I weighed my options and I think PSO is more important than school or work.

WraithAkaMrak
Nov 2, 2002, 01:13 PM
I chatted with a rep at xbox.com, and he said that a release date will be announced next week. Take this how you will...
I hope that's the case. At least then I could sleep at night. Heh. Or at least we'd finally know.

GreatGino
Nov 2, 2002, 01:56 PM
On 2002-11-01 21:52, Kalbelgarion wrote:

ive talked to those idiots at their supposedly "award-winning" tech support about 10 times...none of them know anything...it all depends on your question. i made a post about this somewhere else, but basically its like asking a parrot--theyre gonna reply with what you ask them, jus in the form of a statement.
thats what minimum wage does to the brain http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

GreatGino
Nov 2, 2002, 02:01 PM
On 2002-11-01 20:35, Kent wrote:
Sega doesn't know anything about the release date.

Yuji Naka said it himself, the whole game is in Microsoft's hands, and they get to choose when to release it.

once again, i damn that fickle bitch billy and his damn m$$$$$$$oft. hes had the game for a while now, release the damn thing and worry about yer quest pricing and what not later. for this game to rls after xmas would be completely STUPID for m$, something that only a complete braindead monkey would do. people want their pso, its an addiction, and if someone from m$ would read the forums here theyd see that all of us cant wait to give up whatever lives we have in order to play

Eco30
Nov 2, 2002, 02:32 PM
If someone can talk to a M$ rep, or send them an e-mail and know that they will reply send it to them and give them a link to the site forum so they can see the demand of this game and think twice about their stupidity. God if I had the game in my hands I would have released it like last year (seein as that is impossible, but I'm in the moment.) Just do this. If they r smart they would know about economic from a market point of view, per say supply and demand. And hell the demand here is F'n' high, if i was them I would take this as an investing opportunity. God damn idiots don't know what they are doin.

LunarShadowX
Nov 2, 2002, 04:57 PM
EBgames.com lists the X-Box Live Starter Kit as shipping on the 12th of November. Now that may or may not be true. But I remember the fact that Microsoft was going to launch X-Box Live with one of the games releasing that same day being PSO. So, look forward to it SHIPPING on November 12th.

WraithAkaMrak
Nov 2, 2002, 10:41 PM
for this game to rls after xmas would be completely STUPID for m$
I want it to release before Christmas so I can play PSO for three weeks straight on my between-semester break. (From just before Christmas into January.)

Agent_Reav
Nov 2, 2002, 10:46 PM
If it's included in the kit I'll tell you about it b4 it goes retail... We BETA testers get the retail version CDs about a week early. Just email if u want me to give u the heads up.

GaMMa
Nov 2, 2002, 10:54 PM
MotoGP rules IMO, although I'm sick of it now, I dropped from 44 overall world rank to 537 (last time I checked).. I hope PSO is a launch game, but deep down I know it won't be, and if it was announced they'd probably give a much later date than we want to here. Put it this way... companies don't announce games to be released a week before...

Tigertron
Nov 2, 2002, 10:58 PM
All i got to say is that i hope it ain't a pack-in because if it is Yuji will demand a monthly fee b/c you don't make money givin away a game you worked hard to make. I want it to release just sometime before X-mas break.

Blenjar
Nov 2, 2002, 10:59 PM
I want xb online and pso so ngc ppl won't steal my money.....I hope the game come out b/f I buy the bba.....

GreatGino
Nov 3, 2002, 04:45 PM
On 2002-11-02 19:58, Tigertron wrote:
All i got to say is that i hope it ain't a pack-in because if it is Yuji will demand a monthly fee b/c you don't make money givin away a game you worked hard to make.

actually, 50 bucks for the live starter kit would seem kinda appropriate if it included pso, cuz theres no way in hell that cheapass headset and a "free year" is worth 50 bucks....
besides, yuji has already stated flat out that there will not be any additional fees for pso since its on m$ servers

Tigertron
Nov 3, 2002, 07:21 PM
Geno I don't know if you have seen pics of one of the three (i think there are three at least) XBL server rooms but they are huge state-of-the-art servers. There was a story at teamxbox.com about a trip to xbox hq w/pics (very sweet). Very expensive!! Any way just to pay for those servers I am surprised that M$ didn't chargemore than $50 for the first year. After the first year it will probably be $10 a month or sumthin around that. But if you add a $50 game to the bundle that bundle becomes worth more than what we are paying for it so somebody would lose money.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tigertron on 2002-11-03 16:22 ]</font>

RavenTW
Nov 3, 2002, 07:26 PM
You overlooked the fact that it would be around 10 dollers a month. a free year of XBL would be more than double what your paying for the starter kit.

vaz9999
Nov 3, 2002, 08:16 PM
I am going to laugh when microsoft says that you have to have xboxlive and then sega says that you have to pay 8.95 a month! I am getting both(already have the gc version)but I still think it will be funny if that happened. I would look forward to all the complaining.

Tigertron
Nov 3, 2002, 09:21 PM
Sorry bud no complaining is gonna happen b/c they are on the M$ servers so there is no need for the exra fee just for dl of quests and the like.

Kent
Nov 3, 2002, 09:35 PM
On 2002-11-03 17:16, vaz9999 wrote:
I am going to laugh when microsoft says that you have to have xboxlive and then sega says that you have to pay 8.95 a month!

I laugh at how you don't pay atention to announcements.

They have already stated (many, many times) that there will be no Xbox Live games in the US that require additional, mandatory fees to play online.

WraithAkaMrak
Nov 3, 2002, 09:43 PM
On 2002-11-03 18:35, Kent wrote:

They have already stated (many, many times) that there will be no Xbox Live games in the US that require additional, mandatory fees to play online.

But...they've also said that some games, Star Wars Galaxies in particular, could have extra fees and it will be up to developers if they want to have extra charges.

Tigertron
Nov 3, 2002, 09:53 PM
Ah but wraith u read it from a Gc fanboy point of view what they said was fees for dl's and stuff like that.

Ian D
Nov 3, 2002, 09:55 PM
I love it when everyone argues about something no one knows anything about.

WraithAkaMrak
Nov 3, 2002, 10:11 PM
On 2002-11-03 18:53, Tigertron wrote:
Ah but wraith u read it from a Gc fanboy point of view what they said was fees for dl's and stuff like that.
Well, I don't even own a GC. I'm waiting (impatiently) for the Xbox version.

Tycho, of Penny Arcade, had relayed his conversation with reps at Microsoft during an Xbox Live event. The reps said that Star Wars Galaxies would likely have monthly fees, but they weren't sure about PSO.

When I ask Xbox Chat Center, they say it "shouldn't" have monthly fees. They never tell us absolutely that it won't.

Believe me, I want Xbox PSO to be free of monthly fees.

GreatGino
Nov 4, 2002, 10:23 AM
werent we just thru all of this a month ago?

"According to GamerWeb, a reputable Microsoft Rep has reported that "PSO will be out in the US sometime in November 2002, although no exact date is known at this time. If that doesn't get you excited wait to you hear this...there would NOT be any additional fees (other than your LIVE subscription) to play any online game in North America, including PSO....(This of course does not include charges for any premium content that would be in addition to standard gameplay.)"

guess thats what happens when you read the backlogs http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kent
Nov 4, 2002, 11:21 AM
On 2002-11-03 18:43, WraithAkaMrak wrote:
But...they've also said that some games, Star Wars Galaxies in particular, could have extra fees and it will be up to developers if they want to have extra charges.

Odd are, Star Wars Galaxies won't be played over Xbox Live, but on Sony Online Entertainment's servers so they can charge us and maybe it will be compatible with the PC and PS2 versions.

Sony Online Entertainment hasn't even started developing the console versions of the game, they're just working on the PC version now.

And besides, if it was played over Xbox Live then they'd have no reason to apply monthly fees for the game since they don't have to maintain servers (Xbox PSO in Japan is a different case, it comes free with the starter kit so they have a reason to use monthly fees).

True, they did state that deelopers could have their own fees for playing their games online, but not if they're over Xbox Live. I'll post the announcement when I find it.

faceless
Nov 4, 2002, 08:37 PM
galaxies has to be xbox live compatible or it simply won't be released. and that's lucasarts baby, not sony's as far as ownership goes.

they do have to maintain the servers as far as MMORPG's are concerned, to battle exploits etc, plus to update content, you might mean "they dont have to pay for the server bills"

good luck finding that article that supports what you said, since all the articles mention the opposite, they mention free and pay downloadable content and pay recurring fees for games as an option open to developers...

GaMMa
Nov 4, 2002, 11:49 PM
Funny thing is... MS has all these huge XBL servers, YET no games are using them currently, they'll all P2P (Player To Player). Could these servers just be used for login/online status? Anyway about the 50 dollars seeming kind of steep, give me a break. Lol come on, you get a FREE year of Xbox Live, a head set, and 2 FREE demos, where as Moto GP is more of a full online game version (you need the full version to unlock courses on the XBL version, but you can play locked courses even if you don't own the game, you just race as a "ghost", which is a good thing if you ask me because you still get rankings for it, and you go through people/objects). I think this is a good value, it's the price of a game... cmon get a grip... 50 bucks being too steep. Cmon PSO Xbox!