PDA

View Full Version : how good does a slicer have to be to...

arisen_devil
Aug 25, 2006, 11:50 AM
be rainbow-baton quality? i'm going to start looking for a magic stone iritista because i've found a 40/0/0/60/40 diska. i'm offline only, so would this be a good slicer to use it on since i don't want to waste my magic stone?

Splash
Aug 25, 2006, 12:03 PM
That is really nice, definitely worth changing it. Any slicer with high percentages are good, especially with high%.

Lord_Kratos
Aug 25, 2006, 01:01 PM
o yeah definitley use the stone on that diska. have ya found the stone yet or..........

whiteninja
Aug 25, 2006, 01:14 PM
That has decent hit%, and other good percents. Unless you are a FO (who needs the ATA), that should be good.

PJ
Aug 25, 2006, 01:30 PM
lol Pat

That's enough Hit%, and I really like the Dark% on that slicer, it'll be a nice weapon for whoever you're using it for

whiteninja
Aug 25, 2006, 02:16 PM
On 2006-08-25 11:30, PJ wrote:
That's enough Hit%
No such thing.

If this person had online, then with the ability to add percents later, getting a 0/0/0/0/50 Slicer from the shops and going from there would be better. Since they are offline though, enemy EVP is low, and they may as well go for the added power instead of obscene ATA.

arisen_devil
Aug 25, 2006, 02:32 PM
On 2006-08-25 11:01, Lord_Kratos wrote:
o yeah definitley use the stone on that diska. have ya found the stone yet or..........

no, i haven't found it yet. but i'm going to hunt for it... my redria RAcast is only at lvl 105, so i'm going to do forest of sorrow runs to lvl up and hope to meet some hildetorrs along the way (during 200 yellowboze FoS runs i met 6 hildetorrs, 3 of which dropped me frozen shooters, so i'm hoping for some luck on this 1/22 drop).

i'm going to use it with my skyly HUcast ; i found it with him randomly while clearing ult CCA to get to seabed - it has hell as special, not that that matters though once it's a rainbow baton. still need some levels with him to "use" it though

ulyoth
Aug 25, 2006, 03:48 PM
Its good enough, id keep looking though, one with slightly less hit and more percentages on other areas would be better though, as Hit isnt really needed all that much with the rainbow baton

BeeYee
Aug 25, 2006, 03:51 PM
On 2006-08-25 12:16, whiteninja wrote:

On 2006-08-25 11:30, PJ wrote:
That's enough Hit%
No such thing.

If this person had online, then with the ability to add percents later, getting a 0/0/0/0/50 Slicer from the shops and going from there would be better. Since they are offline though, enemy EVP is low, and they may as well go for the added power instead of obscene ATA.

Well, since he doesnt, its better, and if you could add hit% which would be nice, then Id say that one he has is much better because it takes awhile for 99 photon drops to make a photon sphere.

Saiffy
Aug 25, 2006, 04:15 PM
Considering Rainbow Baton's powerfully useless special, you will not need hit.

And I'd be so bold to say you'd be better off having no hit, and high percents in other areas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffy on 2006-08-25 14:16 ]</font>

whiteninja
Aug 25, 2006, 09:37 PM
On 2006-08-25 13:51, BeeYee wrote:
Well, since he doesnt, its better, and if you could add hit% which would be nice, then Id say that one he has is much better because it takes awhile for 99 photon drops to make a photon sphere.
If you read beyond the part you bolded, I said that he may as well go for the power instead of 10 extra ATA.

http://img8.picsplace.to/img8/20/Rainbow_Baton.png
Sphered from 0/40/0/30/50 Hell Diska. Two of those Spheres were bought with PD's, the other three were from Max Attack. It's not my fault if you don't want to Sphere a weapon.

With the special... It's ok. It helps for non-droid melee players since it's the best confusion they have... A Hucast would be better of with his confuse traps though.

arisen_devil
Aug 26, 2006, 03:24 PM
once i find the magic stone i'll use it on this diska then if i don't find an even better one while searching for it. thanks for the input everyone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Forte1224
Aug 26, 2006, 09:15 PM
On 2006-08-25 14:15, Saiffy wrote:
Considering Rainbow Baton's powerfully useless special, you will not need hit.

And I'd be so bold to say you'd be better off having no hit, and high percents in other areas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffy on 2006-08-25 14:16 ]</font>

Not true; slicer series are one of the least accurate ones. The second least in the multi-hit if I remember correctly (I haven't played PSO in 7 months).

Saiffy
Aug 26, 2006, 10:47 PM
Rainbow Baton has 40 base ATA. Thats far more than enough for HUs or RAs. And come'on Pat, you know nobody would use that special in practical situations http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

For FOs, I can understand wanting hit.

But if you're on BB, using a Red Slicer with Crimson Coat is a million times better than Rainbow Baton, anyways http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (Probably less rare, too, but I don't know the rate for Crimson Coat, heh)