PDA

View Full Version : Red Series weapons

JohnBerserker
Aug 27, 2006, 05:59 PM
how good are the red weapons. compared to some of the other rares out there i mean. should i look for the red weapons or are there better weapons for a ranger to search for. any help would be appreciated.

whiteninja
Aug 27, 2006, 06:13 PM
On 2006-08-27 15:59, JohnBerserker wrote:
red weapons... for a ranger
You can use the Red...
- Saber: Useless.
- Handgun: Good weapon. Get this one.
- Slicer: Mostly useless. If you really need a Slicer, there are better than this one. (eg: Rainbow Baton, Diska of Braveman, Charge Diska)
- Mechgun: Good, but a Charge Vulcan with hit% is better, and can be bought from the shops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whiteninja on 2006-08-27 16:14 ]</font>

LiqourSiCC
Aug 28, 2006, 05:59 AM
i just recently found a red handgun offline on my xbeeazy and it works terrific!! if your looking for that you can easily find it frfom a pal rappy on FiY[fake in yellow quest]

whiteninja
Aug 28, 2006, 06:32 AM
On 2006-08-28 03:59, LiqourSiCC wrote:
i just recently found a red handgun offline on my xbeeazy and it works terrific!! if your looking for that you can easily find it frfom a pal rappy on FiY[fake in yellow quest]
That is because you used a Redria ID. Other classes get it from other drops. For example, Purplenum gets it from the El Rappies (non-rare).

Check the item database to see the droprates.

WiLDFiRe
Aug 28, 2006, 07:06 AM
Since you play DC ver2 JohnBerserker the Red Weapons will all come in udeful, Red Sabers and Handguns drop in Forest so it's worth hunting for one.

Depending on your luck the next ver2 Sepcial Weapon you find will be an Imperial Pick in the Ruins.

Deathwatch
Aug 28, 2006, 07:31 AM
I've seen the Red Handgun is use and it's definitely worth it as all classes can use it, which is a major bonus. Being as I'm Greennil (HUMar) it's one of the two Red weapons I can pick up offline, so I'm definitely going for it.

Feelmirath
Aug 28, 2006, 07:40 AM
On 2006-08-27 16:13, whiteninja wrote:

On 2006-08-27 15:59, JohnBerserker wrote:
red weapons... for a ranger
You can use the Red...
- Handgun: Good weapon. Get this one.
- Slicer: Mostly useless. If you really need a Slicer, there are better than this one. (eg: Rainbow Baton, Diska of Braveman, Charge Diska)
- Mechgun: Good, but a Charge Vulcan with hit% is better, and can be bought from the shops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whiteninja on 2006-08-27 16:14 ]</font>

With a Crimson Coat, both the Red saber and Red slicer have some usefulness (like stupid ATP >_>)

Greg169
Aug 28, 2006, 07:59 AM
Red hand guns are awsome. Probably the best handgun I'll ever have. I don't plan on ever needing another one. And yes they are very easy to find with redria since you can hit the rappies after they wake up and almost always get it.

Arias
Aug 28, 2006, 11:11 AM
If you have a Red Mechgun with good %s for say Caves, they can work surprisingly well, that is, if you have %s

whiteninja
Aug 28, 2006, 12:23 PM
On 2006-08-28 05:06, WiLDFiRe wrote:
Since you play DC ver2 JohnBerserker the Red Weapons will all come in udeful, Red Sabers and Handguns drop in Forest so it's worth hunting for one.

Depending on your luck the next ver2 Sepcial Weapon you find will be an Imperial Pick in the Ruins.
He does? O.o His profile didn't specify, so PSOGC would be the proper assumption (most people here are not on PSOBB or PSODC).

Well, if you are on PSODC, get a few Red Handguns with a high percent in each of the sections... Absurdly overpowered since percents add to the base ATP as well as weapon ATP on PSODC.

Saiffy
Aug 28, 2006, 01:55 PM

http://img7.picsplace.to/img7/25/xomg_pink_explosion.png

JohnBerserker
Aug 28, 2006, 03:15 PM
thanks for the info guys. im a pinkal btw. i found a red handgun and it more than doubled my original ATP lol. now i can actually hurt the forest monsters with weapons. the other question i was wondering was, is there any other gun worth finding? preferably anything with more ATP and ATA than the red handgun. as b4 any help would be appreciated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JohnBerserker on 2006-08-28 13:15 ]</font>

clynn
Aug 28, 2006, 04:21 PM
I don't knoow if its true but I was told with red weapons you can harm olga flow when he is glowing I have red saber= worthless junk and red handgun=nice, I'm looking for red sword

Drakorn
Aug 28, 2006, 05:25 PM
Red Handgun is good among to other handguns - Red Sword is strong too, but if you wish to be safe Red Handgun will be the best

i got my handgun from tollaw and had 50% hit
i got my sword from melqueek and had 16% hit but the attack power was way high!

whocares111
Aug 28, 2006, 05:45 PM
On 2006-08-28 15:25, Drakorn wrote:

16% hit?

orly?

BeeYee
Aug 28, 2006, 05:46 PM
olo, 16% in this game isnt even possible, but the red mechguns are good IMO, but ive only had sword mechgun daggers and partisan

TheStoicOne
Aug 28, 2006, 05:50 PM
laawwwl

The-King
Aug 28, 2006, 09:53 PM
<.< I have yet to find a Red anything. But I'm a Skyly on caves and I should find the Red Sword any day now..

whiteninja
Aug 28, 2006, 11:51 PM
On 2006-08-28 11:55, Saiffy wrote:

http://img7.picsplace.to/img7/25/xomg_pink_explosion.png

YOU KNOW I'M A STLYIST ON THE INSIDE!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

On a Fomarl, it can be usefull, especially with 30hit. On a Ramar, not really. >.>

Edit: Typo'd class name.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whiteninja on 2006-08-29 04:08 ]</font>

Eclipse9
Aug 30, 2006, 02:30 PM
Red weapons rock. The red sword is awsome, and the red handgun is perfect for when i need to stay far away. Deffinitly worth purssuing

Drakorn
Aug 30, 2006, 02:43 PM
On 2006-08-28 15:45, whocares111 wrote:

On 2006-08-28 15:25, Drakorn wrote:

16% hit?

orly?

I meant to say 15 not 16 sorry

JohnBerserker
Aug 30, 2006, 05:26 PM
i just found the red sword but rangers can't equipt that i guess. its actually not that bad for me cuz i found a really crappy one. neg percents on everything.

Deathangel333
Sep 1, 2006, 09:50 AM
Are the wroth the trouble to find

Deathwatch
Sep 1, 2006, 09:54 AM
Some, yes, others, no.

The Red weapons were made for Red Ring Rico, so are hunter based, hence the reason there aren't any Red canes or Rifles.

The Red Handgun is pretty good, but I've heard the Red Saber isn't so worth it.

Check the Red weapon specs for yourself and decide if you're willing to put in the time and effort.

BTW, there is already a Red weapons topic.

Deathangel333
Sep 1, 2006, 09:57 AM
I ALREADY HAVWE THE RED SABER BUT I THOUGHT THERE WAS A RED CANE? O WELL

Neith
Sep 1, 2006, 10:10 AM
The 'Red Cane' you may be thinking of could be either Club of Laconium (which is coloured red), or even the standard red cane.

As for the Red set, this is what I think of them:

Red Saber: Not a bad melee weapon, but there are much better ones around. Much better on Blue Burst, where Crimson Coat boosts it.

Red Sword: Very powerful, with a decent enough special (particularly if you're a Droid). However, it suffers from a large variance in its damage per swing.

Red Partisan: A reliable enough weapon until you get something a bit better. Not great, but not rubbish either.

Red Dagger: Fairly powerful Daggers, with an incredibly useful special attack if you're a HUmar/HUnewearl. Gets boosted by Red/Crimson Coat in Blue Burst.

Red Handgun: A reliable and powerful gun, very useful for a variety of classes.

Red Mechgun: Again, decent enough mechguns, although the special attack could be better.

Red Slicer: Good slicer, gets boosted by Red/Crimson Coat in Blue Burst. Terrible special attack.

Overall, they are a good set, just remember that the majority of the set is Hunter-only (Sword, Partisan, Dagger), the Mechs are Ranger-only.

MystikX
Sep 3, 2006, 03:58 PM
All this talk about Red Handguns is making me cry for my lost RAcast.

Anyways, Red Handgun is pretty powerful. Sure, it has a lightning special, but who uses those specials anyways? Aside from killing Pan Arms and piercing Falz's invincibilty.

Splash
Sep 3, 2006, 04:58 PM
Red Handgun is like awesome with the correct percentages. And the grind on it is so high, and has a decent enough special, almost better than my Holy Ray.

S_Hunter_08
Sep 30, 2006, 05:07 PM
I have Red Dagger and Red Slicer...wasn't hunting for them or anything...they just dropped lol....the red slicer is okay but I never use slicers in general, and the dagger is good for my Hucast...they do decent damage....but I want red sword for my Hucast and red handgun for my Ramar....my Ramar has Supressed Gun but I want to have Red handgun as a replacement cuz it blows it right out of the water

Bezmor
Oct 1, 2006, 07:44 AM
If your a ranger there are rifles better than red handgun, but the red hangun is really useful especially for hunters. If you use it with your rangers its ok but i would suggest a good rifle.

PMB960
Oct 1, 2006, 10:31 AM
Most of these weapons are very easy to find too so considering how good many of them are I would go for them.

Kevino
Oct 3, 2006, 08:22 AM
jigga yea!