PDA

View Full Version : HDTV by Samsung TX-S3082WH...

StarLionsX
Aug 27, 2006, 08:42 PM
I bought a new HDTV by Samsung at Sears and will be here in my house sometime on Tuesday or Wednesday. I got it mainly for PS3, GC, PS2, and of course watching tv. I was just wondering if anyone here has one. Do you like it? Are there any geometry issues? Such as "bowing"?

Would just like to know.

RuneLateralus
Aug 28, 2006, 12:45 AM
Don't have that one, but Samsung is a good way to go for HDTVs (especially for gaming and using as PC monitor as well). I got a LNS3252D (LCD) for my room and it works great with PS2 games and 360 games. GC games don't look as sharp as I remember, but that could be thanks to how progressive and high-def games look to just stardard def games (I don't have GC component cables yet, though my friend is going to sell me his).

Word of advice though...don't get rid of your PS2 composite cables if you plan on playing PSone games. They look horrible with component cables.

As for geometry issues, you can put the screen in a 4:3 mode with composite and non widescreen games. It just puts black bars on the side.

UPDATE: Did a check on your TV...should be just perfect. It has the main important things you want with an HDTV (720p, widescreen, and HDMI inputs), plus, since it is a CRT, you don't have to worry about contrast ratio, refresh rate, and brightness.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2006-08-27 22:52 ]</font>