PDA

View Full Version : AR fun for RE4...

KratosAurion
Aug 28, 2006, 05:58 AM
This is the reason I got an AR... http://youtube.com/watch?v=GGqDonDtUbg

EDIT: Fixed it so it was a link instead of just copy and paste.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2006-08-29 11:13 ]</font>

AC9breaker
Aug 28, 2006, 11:20 AM
Haha, those are awesome. Love that game.

OdinTyler
Aug 29, 2006, 09:39 AM
I cant check the link from here, but, Im guessing its a video? Whats in the video? I just beat RE4 last evening. Only took me a week too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Doing second playthrough with all my GOOD weps & its way more fun this time around. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

FIDELCASTRO
Aug 29, 2006, 03:34 PM
ugh. I'm at some part where I have about 15 shotfun shells, no other ammo, and there's a bunch of minecarts, with a chainsaw guy.

needless to say, i don't know what to do, so i haven't played it for a while.

PandaMasterX4
Aug 29, 2006, 03:54 PM
On 2006-08-29 13:34, FIDELCASTRO wrote:
ugh. I'm at some part where I have about 15 shotfun shells, no other ammo, and there's a bunch of minecarts, with a chainsaw guy.

needless to say, i don't know what to do, so i haven't played it for a while.

You're the first person I know that has no ammo in the game. Shot the legs, and kick.

Knife the face and kick. That simple.

KratosAurion
Aug 29, 2006, 09:52 PM
He's in the mine cart area, that's not going to work. you'll have to time it right but you can jump the carts in the right time and dodge all the enemies until the last leg of it when it all become irrevelent.
The video was about a guy using an AR to play as ashley in the main game. He also played as krauser and made helicpoters all over the place.

OdinTyler
Aug 30, 2006, 09:24 AM
1. The video sounds interesting. Ashley in the game? With no weps? Yeah, good luck with that. One area with her solo is hard enough! Ugh, I cant stand Krauser...but, he is badass!

2. I can help you with the mine cart area. First, if you have a prior save game, load it up. Youre gonna need alot of ammo. I suggest handgun & shotgun as thats pretty much all youll be able to have time to use. For chainsaw guys, NEVER attack their legs. Always aim for their head as you ensure a hit & back them off for a bit. Whenever there's one of them around ignore everything else around you. He can insta-kill you. The others cant. I also recommend staying in the backmost cart, so you can see most of the guys coming. If you see enemies on towers, hit their legs so they fall off & you can prevent some of them from jumping in. You'll get a pause halfway so you can reload & take a breath. Just remember when the curves start getting nuts, youre gonna have to jump off. Be fast or you fall with them. If you need more help, Im still doing my 2nd playthrough, so PM me, should you need further assistance. GL.

KratosAurion
Aug 30, 2006, 06:51 PM
I've been through at least 10 differnt runs excluding pro. He's on his first and doesn't have really any ammo. enemies can be dodged. If you post your inventory I can better help you.

OdinTyler
Aug 31, 2006, 10:20 AM
Im on my 2nd run & was just on the 1st mine cart part not too long ago. Believe me, you can have a good amount of ammo before you start. You just have to be smart about your saves (use more than 1) & know which ammo to use on which enemy. The carts are confined spaces, so I DONT recommend using the knife there. Heres what I recommend:

Start in the backmost cart (the first you jump into). That way you have a better view of whats coming.

Weapons:
Handgun & shotgun (when they jump in the cart)
Sniper (when theyre on towers, you can cut them at the legs before they jump on)
Shotgun (chainsaw guys as soon as theyre in view)

Also, when you have a free moment, jump cars to pick up money & much need ammo. They WILL drop it. Also, there are breather points to reload & pick up ammo as it drops. It CAN be done. Just be swift & prioritize.

Currently, Im up to the 2nd fight with Krauser (in the ruins). Id post what I have on me, but, that would ruin the game for Fidel, as I have stuff you can only get by completing the game...& ALOT of healing items. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Idk if Ill ever do Professional. If I could upload my current items into it, that would be great. But, I know you cant.

What I need help on is unlocking other bottle caps. I managed to get one, but, everytime after, I either dont hit all the targets, or I do & I still dont get another prize. Do you have to get a high score to unlock the others or what? Ive been to different shooting ranges & the same thing happens. Any ideas?

Sexy_Raine
Aug 31, 2006, 02:49 PM
I love this game, but there were certain parts that were a pain in the ass. And the Merchant's voice acting is horrible, that's why I usually end up killing him once I buy weapons and upgrades.

sprky585
Aug 31, 2006, 04:03 PM
haha those were good

KratosAurion
Aug 31, 2006, 10:34 PM
On 2006-08-29 13:34, FIDELCASTRO wrote:

He doesn't have the luxury of all the ammo. So you either need to restart or cart hop the entire time. I'd say if your going to blow those shells on anything let it be to stall the chainsaw guys. You do find ammo in ther and if that's also the case you should be able to stock handgun ammo because you get a lot of it when your under 200 I think...

_Ted_
Sep 1, 2006, 02:38 AM
On 2006-08-31 12:49, Sexy_Raine wrote:
I love this game, but there were certain parts that were a pain in the ass. And the Merchant's voice acting is horrible, that's why I usually end up killing him once I buy weapons and upgrades.

Strangely enough, as much as I've played this game I've never even tried to shoot the Merchant. But I suppose I could try blowing him away with my shiny new infinite rocket launcher, right?

OneandtheSame
Sep 1, 2006, 08:03 AM
I suggest you try to get as many of them as possible into one or two mine carts, and then unload your shotgun shells. If you're lucky, they may drop enough ammo to save your soul. I was in the same boat as you fighting IT. I killed IT with NO ammo left. I ended up fullying upgrading the broken Butterfly, just so I could survive Krauzer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Animeloser on 2006-09-01 06:03 ]</font>

Derek0660
Sep 1, 2006, 12:18 PM
ahh man i remember RE4...haven't played it in a long while.
For me, Krauser was a joke; the only tough sections were the ones leading up to the part where you actually fight him.
When I had to fight him, I just unloaded my Broken Butterfly, and then bye bye Krauser http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Same with IT also; the section where you have to fight him in that hanging cage was really tough, but when you drop down to the ground then it was simple http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
The hardest boss that I can remember playing was the one that I don't think you need to kill; you're just supposed to avoid him.
But (me being stupid) decided to kill him, in which case you needed to freeze him and then shatter him with a rocket launcher.
Anyone remember who this was?

OdinTyler
Sep 1, 2006, 12:33 PM
Who are you guys referring to as IT? The only IT mentioned in the game is not a monster, but, the laser security system (hey, everyone else is spoiling parts of the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif). I just finished the game again for the 2nd time last night, & due to me being out of room, I couldnt pick up the rocket launcher at the end of the game. Since it dropped on the boss, I couldnt pick up the money either. I was out 100k. But hey, I had alot of money on me as is & no way in hell I was going to drop any of the weps I have.

If anyone's interested, here's my wep list:

Red 9 (Exclusive)*
Riot Gun (Exclusive)*
Broken Butterfly (Exclusive)*
Semi-Auto Rifle (Exclusive)*
Infinite Rocket Launcher

*Completely powered up (including Exclusive powerup)

Not to mention I have a ton of First Aid Sprays & RGY herb combos
At least 2 or more clips for my shotgun & magnum, 1 clip for my rifle, & none for my handgun (dont need it anymore)

I do suggest on a 2nd playthrough using the Special Costumes. Leon's is pretty good & Ashley's...NICE! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KratosAurion
Sep 2, 2006, 12:05 AM
Ummm...for one IT is also known as U3. And the boss you have to freeze is called verdugo. But you don't have to blast him with the rocket to kill him. I actually use the rocket you find on the two garridors...

Rion772
Sep 2, 2006, 04:48 PM
On 2006-09-01 10:33, OdinTyler wrote:
Who are you guys referring to as IT? The only IT mentioned in the game is not a monster, but, the laser security system (hey, everyone else is spoiling parts of the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif). I just finished the game again for the 2nd time last night, & due to me being out of room, I couldnt pick up the rocket launcher at the end of the game. Since it dropped on the boss, I couldnt pick up the money either. I was out 100k. But hey, I had alot of money on me as is & no way in hell I was going to drop any of the weps I have.

If anyone's interested, here's my wep list:

Red 9 (Exclusive)*
Riot Gun (Exclusive)*
Broken Butterfly (Exclusive)*
Semi-Auto Rifle (Exclusive)*
Infinite Rocket Launcher

*Completely powered up (including Exclusive powerup)

Not to mention I have a ton of First Aid Sprays & RGY herb combos
At least 2 or more clips for my shotgun & magnum, 1 clip for my rifle, & none for my handgun (dont need it anymore)

I do suggest on a 2nd playthrough using the Special Costumes. Leon's is pretty good & Ashley's...NICE! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I beat the game 3 times on the GC version, once on the PS2 version. I suggest two things to you.

1. Get a Blacktail and or a Matilda. The Blacktail mainly because it has decent firepower (apprx 3.4 with exclusive) and a nice fire rate. The Matilda is much better though. Just more expensive (at first). I suggest getting the Matilda mainly because it has a very nice amount of ammo (100 with exlusive), damn close to the Blacktails reload speed, and some very nice firepower for a fast firing gun with a ton of ammo. Also it just looks really cool and the 3 round burst is just... Amazing, not because it's better thank single shot, but because it's the only gun in the game with it.

2. Get a minethrower. Some people, who never had it before claim that once you get it, and get the capacity upgrades and use that ammo; you're out. Well you're not. I thought this before I got mine too, after I beat the game and was back to the castle I said "eh, what the hell, I have more than enough money" and got one. I was surprised to see that, although it wasn't even in the guide, I was picking up ammo for it soon after I got one. Apparently you only pick up ammo for it when you have it, awesome, huh? That and the ammo you pick up for it sells for a very nice price (I got a lot of extra money this way.) Also it's fun to pick enemies off with it across the map in the castle with it, I love watching the little red light on the end flash then go boom.

If you follow this, I'm sure you'll get through the game easier for one, and have more fun. (I can garuntee if I picked up my GC controller and started playing RE4 I'd be having a blast with that mine thrower.)

Lord_Kratos
Sep 2, 2006, 05:08 PM
i so wanna do all that! could ya pm me the AR cose if ya have it

Rion772
Sep 2, 2006, 07:49 PM
I never got the AR, once I beat it on the PS2 I just turned the system off. I got tired of the mini-games, haha. I would assume that, like all special weapons except for the Hand Cannon, it's worth 1,000,000 peseta.

KratosAurion
Sep 2, 2006, 10:59 PM
On 2006-09-02 14:48, Rion772 wrote:
I beat the game 3 times on the GC version, once on the PS2 version. I suggest two things to you.

1. Get a Blacktail and or a Matilda. The Blacktail mainly because it has decent firepower (apprx 3.4 with exclusive) and a nice fire rate. The Matilda is much better though. Just more expensive (at first). I suggest getting the Matilda mainly because it has a very nice amount of ammo (100 with exlusive), damn close to the Blacktails reload speed, and some very nice firepower for a fast firing gun with a ton of ammo. Also it just looks really cool and the 3 round burst is just... Amazing, not because it's better thank single shot, but because it's the only gun in the game with it.

2. Get a minethrower. Some people, who never had it before claim that once you get it, and get the capacity upgrades and use that ammo; you're out. Well you're not. I thought this before I got mine too, after I beat the game and was back to the castle I said "eh, what the hell, I have more than enough money" and got one. I was surprised to see that, although it wasn't even in the guide, I was picking up ammo for it soon after I got one. Apparently you only pick up ammo for it when you have it, awesome, huh? That and the ammo you pick up for it sells for a very nice price (I got a lot of extra money this way.) Also it's fun to pick enemies off with it across the map in the castle with it, I love watching the little red light on the end flash then go boom.

If you follow this, I'm sure you'll get through the game easier for one, and have more fun. (I can garuntee if I picked up my GC controller and started playing RE4 I'd be having a blast with that mine thrower.)

1. Just stick with the regular handgun and go for headshots. The 5X headshot exclusive will save you the ammo. PLus it's super cheep.
2. The mine thrower is good if you get it after you get the CT, handcannon and infinte launcher. Because it'll be your only weapon that needs ammo so you'll find tons.