PDA

View Full Version : Where's the bet place to look for lilies?

Greg169
Aug 28, 2006, 07:53 AM
I was planning on starting a hunt for a demolition comet since it looks half decent and I was wondering what quest would be the best one for searching for a lot of lilies? I know there is a god one but I just can't remember what one it is.

whiteninja
Aug 28, 2006, 09:22 AM
Where's the best place to look for Lilies you ask?

The guides. (http://pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=723) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Splash
Aug 28, 2006, 11:01 AM
For runs, Addicting Food. For piping, Waterfall Tears. Use the guide that whiteninja pointed out to tell you where to pipe.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Aug 28, 2006, 11:02 AM
When ever I search for lilies, I go to Addicting Food offline quest. There's alot of exp to get as well as items.

Greg169
Aug 28, 2006, 11:54 AM
OK thanks. I guess I'll pipe in waterfall tears in the room with 9 lilies. Thanks.

neo-kun
Aug 28, 2006, 12:47 PM
if you are online, the best quest to do is Todays Rate. at the start of the level make your way to the first room, it has no enemys but there are 2 exits. go through the door straight ahead and you will fight a whole bunch of lillys. after the room is cleared you can just quit and restart the quest.

IceBurner
Aug 28, 2006, 10:27 PM
Lilies are native to northern temperate regions, and can be found on most continents.

Oh, Poison/Nar/Mil/Ob Lilies! Ah, online already has its best ("best" defined as most encountering the most lilies per time invested in hunting them) answer. Offline, there's a room in one quest in Cave 2 that is somewhat quickly reachable and has a fair number of lilies, something like 6-8. I can't remember if it was one of the quests listed above, but I picked up many a rare item there last year http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'll keep it in mind for a bit and see if I recall or if someone else knows specifically what I mean.

Deathwatch
Aug 29, 2006, 03:03 AM
I've got a question that's Lily related: How the hell can I pipe with a Redria in Normal Temple for 5 hours (till 12:50 AM) and not encounter 1 Nar Lily? This includes piping a room with 2 lilies, 3 lilies, 5 lilies and then 2 lilies again. I only want one more AddSlot for now >.<

I only got 3 ideas:
1. My FONewearl is just being really unlucky
2. The level 200 Mag I have her (level 6) is messing the drop rates (legal mag tho)
3. Nar Lilies don't show up at late times in the day. This would make sense as it coincides with the other times I've encountered Nar Lilies during playing.

I'm somewhat confused...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathwatch on 2006-08-29 01:06 ]</font>

Splash
Aug 29, 2006, 09:50 AM
No, you just have bad luck. Technically, you could even go on for 8 hours and the Nar Lily will still won't appear. The probability appearing is 1/512. That does not mean that for every 512 Poison Lilies, one will be a Nar.

What I suggest is not to pipe at all in Temple. Rather do runs instead. Eventually one will appear.

DezoPenguin
Aug 30, 2006, 12:06 AM
On 2006-08-29 01:03, Deathwatch wrote:
I've got a question that's Lily related: How the hell can I pipe with a Redria in Normal Temple for 5 hours (till 12:50 AM) and not encounter 1 Nar Lily? This includes piping a room with 2 lilies, 3 lilies, 5 lilies and then 2 lilies again. I only want one more AddSlot for now >.<

I only got 3 ideas:
1. My FONewearl is just being really unlucky

Yes. That's the one. Think of it like this: every time the game loads a lily, it rolls a 512-sided die. If it comes up "1" then you get a Nar (actually, though the figure 1/512 gets tossed around a lot, I'm not sure what the actual chance is; that is, if anyone's been able to rip that particular statistic from the game data). There are no guarantees. Hey, I went through a year and a half of playing this game on the DC and never saw a red slime. Had to wait for the Gamecube version for that.

2. The level 200 Mag I have her (level 6) is messing the drop rates (legal mag tho)

Equipment and character statistics will not affect appearance rates. By the way, drop rates refer to the chance of a monster dropping a rare item.

3. Nar Lilies don't show up at late times in the day. This would make sense as it coincides with the other times I've encountered Nar Lilies during playing.

Please, by all that is holy, leave this particular piece of silliness dead and buried where it belongs! The "beat time theory" is nothing more than an exercise in human pattern recognition psychology...usually coupled with a lack of understanding of basic probability theory. Spare yourself the suffering now!

Deathwatch
Aug 30, 2006, 02:58 AM
Oh, don't worry, suffering spared. The Lily showed up next day and I got my AddSlot. It just took longer than I thought it would.

Nice psycho analysis BTW.

Splash
Aug 30, 2006, 06:17 PM
He's right though. So I suggest you actually listen since you are somewhat "confused".

Greg169
Sep 7, 2006, 04:57 AM
Great. Thanks guys. I found it after a few hours.