PDA

View Full Version : ATA/EVP Equation

TheOneHero
Aug 28, 2006, 09:52 PM
I can't seem to find this anywhere. So I ask, does any know it or have a rough guess on how it would work?

Splash
Aug 28, 2006, 10:36 PM
I think it involves a formula of some sort. If the result of the ATA is higher than the result of EVP, then it will hit. If it isn't, then it will result a miss (on your character, you will shield instead).

That is what I think it is...I might be wrong.

Genoa
Aug 29, 2006, 12:14 AM
then how is it that you can use the standard attack once and hit, then try it again and miss (Attacking the same target, using the same weapon, and using the same type of attack). Not to mention, that your 1st strike is always more accurate leading up to the following hits.... the ATA/EVP question is something i've been curious of myself. Also, when something moves quickly and you try to strike them, you can miss. Not the clear miss by "oh, I wasn't targeted on it >_<) I mean it's being targeted, you fire, and it moved really fast, and you missed and it actually says MISS... when if it haden't moved, your chances of striking it would have been almost perfect.
I'm not sure if anybody really knows about ATA/EVP statistically >_<
Of course EVP > ATA increases the odds of striking, but... sometimes you miss... It's not just a simple: Enemy has 123 EVP, User has 140 ATA, User will always strike Enemy.... There's some type of random rate system in there as well >_> As if your odds of hitting the enemy are only increased, not guaranteed. Like playing spin the bottle, and there happen to be more attractive women around the table when your ATA is higher >_> and when your EVP is lower than the enemies ATA, there's more 00gly chicks around the table. =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2006-08-28 22:20 ]</font>

PMB960
Aug 29, 2006, 01:23 AM
I have heard there is a distance formula added in so if an enemy is far away it increases you chance of missing. Enemies can also manually evade by running just like you can by running right before you get hit. The only gun this doesn't really work with is the 3000R since it hits almost instantaneously.

Psyclone
Aug 29, 2006, 08:29 AM
According to Eeyore, in the thread "Inherent Accuracty (http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=116702&forum=7&max_posts=35#6)", the equation is: ATA - EVP/5 - distance*2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Psyclone on 2006-08-29 06:38 ]</font>

whiteninja
Aug 29, 2006, 02:24 PM
http://z.purei.org/psocalc.php

That should I work. Unfortunately, I don't know the exact formula.